Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Can someone emalil the latest version (1.0?). Can't download the attachment. paulyboy@hotpop.com. Thanx.
    I think the MP3 alarm is working for me now--has the Jinx been exorcised?

One little quirk--when entering the directory for my mp3's, I made a mistake and entered qtunesq instead of /tunes/ (forgot to hit the shift key). TB let me correct it, but then kept telling me it couldn't find the mp3 in qtunesq, even though /tunes/ was entered. A full delete with a re-install solved the problem.

Thanks
    John
  3.    #103  
    Leeladisky - voicemail alert is definitely working for me. What are your settings and network?

John - re the odd directory issue - I can't reproduce that either - if I enter a new directory name, then press ok - tb tries in the new directory. Great that mp3 seems to work - but guess you're still jinxed!

And treoneo - you can also download from palmgear -just follow the link in my sig.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Occassionally with alternative Keyguard I get an almost instantaneous turn off. I estimate that it turns the Treo off quite a lot less than a second after it's turned on. It doesn't really leave enough time to get to the centre button. It's not a major problem though as it only happens perhaps about one in ten times. Still, it would be good if it could be fixed.

FYI, I have the auto off time set to default (10 s) and have had the problem with v0.9993 and v1.0.

This aside, TB is now working a treat for me. Thanks, confused.
    I tried downloading from palmgear and it says file type not supported on my device. And I also can't download the prc from the full treocentral site. strange...
    Does anyone get a soft reset when activating the command bar in blazer?? It totally sucks. But, I personally loved how the command and shortcuts were setup. Aside the fact that the shortcut didnt really do anything, I like how you could press menu + shift or option to bring up commmand or shortcut. I thought it was convienent while I was typing.
    BTW the version before 1.0, the one released on Saturday....the led would just start flashing for no reason. So I was also experiencing this.
    And lastly, is there anyway to tell attention grabber to treat incoming calls differently while on the phone? Thats pretty complex, I know..
    ProDucer,
    Does anyone get a soft reset when activating the command bar in blazer?? It totally sucks
    Doesn't Reset mine, I am using a CDMA version, how about you? I can hold the "shift" key, and hit the "menu" and the controll bar pops up, then hit"B" (for example) and it ges back the prevoius page.
    Aside the fact that the shortcut didnt really do anything
    Do you mean that it would pull up the :shortcut: symbol, but never active the shortcut text after it? Once he gets this worked out (number 25 on a list of 100 I assume), it will be sweet! I use the heck out of shortcuts with Grtaffiti on my Treo600 (via Graffiti Anywhere) and it would be great to do so with th ekeyboard w/o haveing to hit the "S" key, then the "alt" then scroll to the :shortcut: symbol.

ACDriver,
    Nice Avitar...thought you were me for a second. I was like, I didn't write this, what the....OH IT"S SOMEONE ELSE....

Confusedvorlon,
    Like Leedsky, my Voice mail was not working at first, but I just went though and reset all the settings and it was fine.

I would like to suggest that you start a new post in this froum since your offical now and have a V1.0 realsed, much like Geekware did when he released his non-Beta (is that called Alpha?) versioj of PhoneGuard as well. This will draw new users in since it's not a beta I assume and give a new starting point.

Also ,perhaps suggest in the new post, that people put their carrier and phone type in the subject when they respond to you with bugs/tips/questions (see my subject for example). This may be a helpfull tool for you, I notice a lot of people don't say what kind of phone they have. JUST THINKING OUTLOUD and trying to be helpful. I put TB thru some paces last night and it worked well, see my next post.

Thanks again for the hard work and nice app. Matt
    Here is what I saw last night whilst testing...

PASS- With the Treo on the charger, my LED is RED.
    Get a SMS, it turns ORANGE, answer the Alert Screen and it goes back to RED.
    Get a Voice Mail, it turns to fast flashing GREEN. Check the VM and it goes back to RED.

PASS- With the Treo off the charger, my LED is slow flashing GREEN.
    Get a SMS, it turns ORANGE, answer the Alert Screen and it goes back to slow GREEN.
    Get a Voice Mail, it turns to fast flashing GREEN. Check the VM and it goes back to slow GREEN.

PASS- If the LED is ORANGE, due to a SMS I missed, if I get a voice mail, the LED then goes fast green. If I call my voice mail from antoher pone, then it goes back to the orange untill I check the SMS.

PASS- If the LED is flashing green, due to a VM I missed, if I get a SMS, the LED goes to Orange. Once I check the SMS, the LED goes back to fast green, untill I check the VM.

BUG?- When the TB has finished it's last audiable alert, the alert LED goes off, in effect loosing the feature.

For example, I have TB set (the Attention Manager has check mark) for Attention Manager only (also change LED to fast green for VM, but VoiceMail notifiaction is not checked in the Attention-Beta screen). When TB gets to the end of it's audio duratuon, the LED goes off.
    I have the audio set to "Waterfall",play2X,Voulume-7,Vibreat 1X,LED-Solid Orage,Repets every 20s,up to 10X.

I get a missed SMS, TB alerts me with the Waterfall sound and turns the LED orange. After the 10th time of the waterfall sound, the LED goes back to the defulat state (non TB) and I never hear a peep again.
    The Alert screen is still up, the SMS has not been addressed and there is no longer an audio alert or LED alert. The work around is to set the repeat to 100, but I don't want to drain the battery. Is there a way to still keep the LED state change, even though TB is done with the audio alerts?

Thanks, matt
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 02/09/2004 at 09:54 AM.
    When I get a missed call, the LED begins blinking rapdily, as I have set it to do in TB. But when I acknowledge the missed call in the alert screen. the LED continues to blink rapidly. Once I've acknowled the alert, shouldn't the blinking return to normal?

This is with version 1.0, btw.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Here is what I saw last night whilst testing...

PASS- With the Treo on the charger, my LED is RED.
    Get a SMS, it turns ORANGE, answer the Alert Screen and it goes back to RED.
    Get a Voice Mail, it turns to fast flashing GREEN. Check the VM and it goes back to RED.

PASS- With the Treo off the charger, my LED is slow flashing GREEN.
    Get a SMS, it turns ORANGE, answer the Alert Screen and it goes back to slow GREEN.
    Get a Voice Mail, it turns to fast flashing GREEN. Check the VM and it goes back to slow GREEN.

PASS- If the LED is ORANGE, due to a SMS I missed, if I get a voice mail, the LED then goes fast green. If I call my voice mail from antoher pone, then it goes back to the orange untill I check the SMS.

PASS- If the LED is flashing green, due to a VM I missed, if I get a SMS, the LED goes to Orange. Once I check the SMS, the LED goes back to fast green, untill I check the VM.

BUG?- When the TB has finished it's last audiable alert, the alert LED goes off, in effect loosing the feature.

For example, I have TB set (the Attention Manager has check mark) for Attention Manager only (also change LED to fast green for VM, but VoiceMail notifiaction is not checked in the Attention-Beta screen). When TB gets to the end of it's audio duratuon, the LED goes off.
    I have the audio set to "Waterfall",play2X,Voulume-7,Vibreat 1X,LED-Solid Orage,Repets every 20s,up to 10X.

I get a missed SMS, TB alerts me with the Waterfall sound and turns the LED orange. After the 10th time of the waterfall sound, the LED goes back to the defulat state (non TB) and I never hear a peep again.
    The Alert screen is still up, the SMS has not been addressed and there is no longer an audio alert or LED alert. The work around is to set the repeat to 100, but I don't want to drain the battery. Is there a way to still keep the LED state change, even though TB is done with the audio alerts?

Thanks, matt

I noticed the same behavior.

Because of the issue described above, you have to endure the Treo turning itself on at least every five minutes (or more frequently) in order to have the LED reflect the correct color.
    IDO,
    What's sad? you having issues?WHat are they?

meyerweb,
    Sometimes it takes a while to reset it seems. I've seen it take 15-30 seconds sometimes, however I think your have a longer time, right?

Confusedvorlon,
    I am seeing more stuff like ProDucer too. In hte Attention area, I have "Attention Manager (normal Alerts) slectect and the LED if "Voicemail Waiting"
    on fast green.

It seems if I acknowlege an alert before TB alerts me that I missed it, I still get the TB alert, but now I can't acknolge it to tutn TB off. I have to go into the TB app to get it to quit, or if it's a SMS for example, I have to go look at it, even though I selected OK on the OE alert screen and TB never should have started an Alert Grabber on it due to that.
    It seems that if I use the center button of the 5-way it's fine, it's when I use the touchscreen to say "OK" is when TB lets tem slip thru?Anyone else notice this?
    Thansk, Matt
    Originally posted by ProDucer
    Does anyone get a soft reset when activating the command bar in blazer?...
    Yes, but only directly after configuring Preferences for the command bar. After the reset, no further resets. Are you getting it every time?
  14.    #114  
    Hi folks,

first thanks to Matt for his exhaustive testing - much appreciated!

I think some of these will be clearer if I explain how the alert manager is supposed to work.

Alert triggered by one of the things you selected

Alert repeats the number of times you selected. Whenever the alert triggers, it does the things you have chosen (ring, led, vibrate, etc)

At either
    a) the first repeat after you have pressed the centre key
    or b) the last alert

the LED attention manager LED state is cleared.

This explains why
    1) it takes a while for the LED to turn off
    2) it won't turn off if you acknowledge your alert using the touchscreen
    3) the LED resets after the final repeat.

It should possible to 'acknowledge' the attention grab even before it has first sounded - just by pressing the centre key. Similarly, you should be able to turn it off without having to go into treobutler just by pressing the centre key. ...You do have to give the LED a little while though.

So - I'd like to claim that the 'Bug???' is a feature! I do take the point that this is not the most uintuitive design though - definitely worth a re-visit in a later upgrade.

As to unexpected LED states - could this be following an alert that you have acknowledged on the touchscreen? Remember the attention grabber waits the repeat number of seconds before it's first grab. If not - keep an eye out and we'll try to figure the problem...

The blazer crash - I can't reproduce it. I'm on GSM. Could some other app be interfering (profile manager??). You can see what apps are registered for the key press notification by checking with 'alarm list' (free app) for registrations under the 'hede' notification.

Finally - on the shortcut functionality - just wanted to be clear, I'm not planning to implement that anymore - It seems that sending the character does not invoke the shortcut functionality - and I can't find any documentation on how to fix that.

thanks again - and I'm going to follow Matt's suggestion and start a 1.0 thread!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    yes Matt, I noticed this on mine too. But I can seem to go into launcherx and hit the center button once and the alert cancels. I don't know if it's me hitting the button, or TB just slow figuring out theres no pending alert on the screen.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    IMO this is an important core issue....

Treo Butler should be re-written so that the Treo LED simply turns orange (or fast flashing green or whatever) when a call, SMS or alarm is missed. There is no reason whatsoever for the phone to also turn on repeatedly! It's battery-draining and annoying. (You can set the TButler volume at zero, but the phone still turns on repeadetly.)

Meanwhile, those folks who fall into the small subsection of people who really, really, really want to be beaten over the head with reminders, will probably be happy enough that TButler causes their pocket to vibrate, flash white (because of the screen) and beep all at once! The LED functionality is the least of their concerns.
    confusedvorlon,
    No problem, glad I could help!

It seems that if I use the center button of the 5-way it's fine, it's when I use the touchscreen to say "OK" is when TB lets them slip thru?Anyone else notice this?
    Ok, So I was not seeing things then, you have to use the Center Button then....Done!

As to unexpected LED states - could this be following an alert that you have acknowledged on the touchscreen? Remember the attention grabber waits the repeat number of seconds before it's first grab. If not - keep an eye out and we'll try to figure the problem...
    YES it is.

So per the undocumented feature, you have to acknowlage all "Alerts" and TB events with the Center Button of the 5-way. I thouhgt that may be the case after I read the instructions for the "Incomming call" feature in the "i" screen, about having to use the center button to answer of you want that alert.

Finally - on the shortcut functionality - just wanted to be clear, I'm not planning to implement that anymore - It seems that sending the character does not invoke the shortcut functionality - and I can't find any documentation on how to fix that.
    Fair Enough!

Thanks, Matt

BTW,
    So - I'd like to claim that the 'Bug???' is a feature! I do take the point that this is not the most uintuitive design though - definitely worth a re-visit in a later upgrade.
    I think this a a good idea, to re-vist this in a later upgrade. I think it's time to take a well deserved brake/rest from your programming as well as to let any "bugs" show their evil heads, so if they do, you know when it started.
    TreoButler is a great tool. But there is one big problem:

I use TB only for indicating me a missed call or sms by fast blinking green LED. So I can see, if it is becessary to pick my Treo out of the case to have a further look what I have missed.

TB is doing that job very well, BUT the it keeps the screen powered on until you acknowledge the alert by tapping the OK button on the screen.
    This means, if you don't see this TB's alert for a couple of hours your battery will empty because of the constant powered on screen!

Is there a solution? Or can this issue be implemented in the next release, so that you can configure how you want the screen's behaviour in case of an alert?

Thanks a lot.

Bunique
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456