Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    i am using a cdma version. and i have notified the guy who makes phoneguard about my request as well as i'm not sure who to ask anymore!
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    ... Have also updated the menu button function -now does command button and shortcut with shift and option...
    Doesn' work at all for me. Nothing happens either with shift/menu or opt/menu Went back to .9992 because that worked and I liked invoking the command bar
    Could you please make the command bar a choice for those who liked the previous way of just holding down the menu button?

The new Option + menu adds an extra button that I'd rather not do if given the choice...
    Palmgear still shows 0.9991, where is the latest and greatest beta stored?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Just wanted to reiterate that I love this thing, and YES...SIR HAS REGISTERED!

The notification light seems a little "funky"...got a vm earlier tonight and it flashed as expected, but didn't turn off when I listened to vmail and the envelope icon went away...

Then to test it, I called and left myself a vmail, and it didn't go off in the first place...called and left a second message, and it didn't seem to work either.

Not sure how C-V is doing this on the backend, but hopefully- envelope icon=true then flash blinking light...

Sprint T600
    can someone direct as were to find the latest beta

Fred
    i also like the hold menu button option instead of hold and shift...
  8.    #88  
    Originally posted by fkpalm
    can someone direct as were to find the latest beta

Fred
    Hi Fred, the latest beta is on this thread (currently page 4)
    There's a nasty bug in the alarm - the base alarm is getting wiped. I'm working on that now.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  9.    #89  
    I came back this morning to a flood of comments and suggestions - thanks everyone.

In the last version 0.9993 I updated the way settings were saved and updated - That fixed a couple of background issues, and brought in a couple of foolish ones. Hopefully the foolish issues are fixed in 0.9994. The new method should be more reliable now...

so major bugs that I've fixed;

The main alarm was getting cleared by any other alarm related activity (nag, keyguard, attention). Now fixed. (Sorry I doubted you DrTango)

The attention grabber was only playing once - now fixed.

Let me know if you find more bugs - and please upgrade to this version if you want your alarm to work!

..and now a few responses to the comments

Re random alerts - I hope these will go now the alarm function is fixed. let me know if you still get them

re LED & charging - the LED alerts work for me when charging - try again with this version...

re VM - if you get your VM via SMS then this won't trigger the LED VM state option. Phildro - Unfortuntately it's not as simple as checking the state of the envelope - I have to watch out for the special sms that is sent to turn the envelope on and off. This should mean that the two stay in sync - so not sure why it is unreliable on your phone.

Re turning screen off and more detailed options around what keys do with calls - I'm planning to leave that to phoneguard (or some other app). I can't make treobutler do everything!

Edit: attachment removed - newer version later.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 02/08/2004 at 01:07 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    Well, it's 8:15 am, 8:12 was set on the MP3 alarm and nothing happened.....Alarm list still refers to the alarm as "quiet", but the time says 20:12 yesterday, whatever that means. I have the am/pm set appropriately.

Otherwise all works fine on my treobutler.

Thanks
    John
    I came back this morning to a flood of comments and suggestions - thanks everyone.

In the last version 0.9993 I updated the way settings were saved and updated - That fixed a couple of background issues, and brought in a couple of foolish ones. Hopefully the foolish issues are fixed in 0.9994. The new method should be more reliable now...

so major bugs that I've fixed;

The main alarm was getting cleared by any other alarm related activity (nag, keyguard, attention). Now fixed. (Sorry I doubted you DrTango)

The attention grabber was only playing once - now fixed.

Let me know if you find more bugs - and please upgrade to this version if you want your alarm to work!

..and now a few responses to the comments

Re random alerts - I hope these will go now the alarm function is fixed. let me know if you still get them

re LED & charging - the LED alerts work for me when charging - try again with this version...

re VM - if you get your VM via SMS then this won't trigger the LED VM state option. Phildro - Unfortuntately it's not as simple as checking the state of the envelope - I have to watch out for the special sms that is sent to turn the envelope on and off. This should mean that the two stay in sync - so not sure why it is unreliable on your phone.

Re turning screen off and more detailed options around what keys do with calls - I'm planning to leave that to phoneguard (or some other app). I can't make treobutler do everything!
    So sorry you did not include press/hold MENU key for command bar (as in 9992.) Why would you chose to limit this preference. 2 key presses intead of 1? At least it works in 9994. It did not in 9993. Why not include MENU press/hold as one of the options for either one of the two options: shortcut or command bar?

Opt/Menu (shortcut) does indeed place the shortcut character in a text field (it do not in 9993) but I suspect it does not invoke the command line correctly because entering a shortcut character (e.g., DS for DateStamp) does not work.
  12.    #92  
    Originally posted by elysian9

So sorry you did not include press/hold MENU key for command bar (as in 9992.) Why would you chose to limit this preference. 2 key presses intead of 1? At least it works in 9994. It did not in 9993. Why not include MENU press/hold as one of the options for either one of the two options: shortcut or command bar?

Opt/Menu (shortcut) does indeed place the shortcut character in a text field (it do not in 9993) but I suspect it does not invoke the command line correctly because entering a shortcut character (e.g., DS for DateStamp) does not work.
    Throw me a bone here!
    I'm planning to add the option hold back in as a preference.

First I'd like to get the two existing methods to work. I've never used shortcuts - so am not really sure how to test. All treobutler does is send the offical shortcut character into the queue. Can someone tell me what you expect to happen and how I would normally go about it?
    Hobbyist Software

Throw me a bone here!
    I'm planning to add the option hold back in as a preference.

First I'd like to get the two existing methods to work. I've never used shortcuts - so am not really sure how to test. All treobutler does is send the offical shortcut character into the queue. Can someone tell me what you expect to happen and how I would normally go about it?
    Sorry cv, didn't mean to seem pissy.

Command Bar:

In 9992, you had MENU (not option) press and hold to invoke the command bar. I know some preferred a two-key/two-handed approach to this, but for many others a one-key press and hold/one-hand is far better. I was suggesting you include all the possibilites, just to cover the bases.

Shortcuts:

The shortcut character normally is invoked with an 's' followed by a press of the alt key, and then scrolling down the popup list (or tapping the display) to select the shortcut character (at the bottom of the popup list.) This 'manual' process invokes the Palm OS command line, which in turn activates the shortcut. Simply placing the shortcut character into a text field on its own, withouth the prior 's' followed by the shortcut character does not invoke the command line. I think you need to build something like a macro: the actual manual steps need to be imitated in the code when pressing the key combo for the shortcut in TB, whether it's MENU press/hold or OPT+MENU. HTH.
    CV-

We must have posted at the same time! Your post is above my post, my post refers to the previous version of TB from yesterday so DOES NOT pertain to the current one. I'll download the latest and play with it.

Thanks
    John
  15.    #95  
    End of the weekend - no known bugs - so I'm calling it 1.0.

Only slight change from the last version - you can now hold the menu button to launch the command bar.
    Edit: I've also removed the shortcut character - it seems just sending the character doesn't do the same as the normal shortcut. No info in the manuals as to how to make it work - so I've removed it for now.

Thanks for all your help so far. Let me know if you do find any bugs...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 02/08/2004 at 01:13 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    can we install on top of the old version...or do we have to remove the old one? I am currently using .98
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  17.    #97  
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    can we install on top of the old version...or do we have to remove the old one? I am currently using .98
    You should be able to install on top. I think I've removed the problems that were causing crashes if you did that with earlier versions (it's what I do now).

If you want to be safe though - disable, delete and re-install.
    Hobbyist Software
    Works great, thanks.
    confusedvorlon
    I agree...good choice, other wise TB would be too huge and it's already got almost everything and there is a fine line between good and cluttered, as well as easy to follow and too many darn options.

I don't doubt that you could add the other phone stuff to TB, but Geekware has been playing in that area for awhile and just having TB lockout the auto answer keys will make most people happy IMHO.

I run PhoneGuard and love it.
    I am fix'n to try TB-V1.0
    Thanks again and I'll get back to you will details, Matt

Do you want/need more info on shortcuts? Let me know and I can them to you.
    Okay - voicemail LED is still not working properly... in fact, at all in the last version.

L
    Lee Ladisky
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast