Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Originally posted by drtango
    Alarm/MP3 always works in test mode. What's the alarm list? If it's what I think it is, I just have SMS notification checked. Do I need to check the first box (Normal alerts) to get the alarm to go?

Thanks
    John
    Alarm List is a free app available here:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=46801

Re the tick boxes in attention manager - you don't have to tick any of them to make the alarm work - you just have to enable it.

to dlbrummels - I just tested Ptunes 2.2.1 basic which works fine - so Ptunes is not the problem. Can you let me know what dialogues you get when you hit the test button. It should give you a message box

/<folder>/<mp3 name> should now play from <volume name>

- though if you haven't named your sd card, the volume name will be blank.

after that, a button should appear (stop pocket tunes) which means that ptunes has told treobutler that it is live.

Anyone else unable to play MP3? I really want to fix this issue...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    yes, my alarm has woken me up with the mp3 for a couple days now! i love it, registered now too!

Chris
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon

Alarm List is a free app available here:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=46801

Re the tick boxes in attention manager - you don't have to tick any of them to make the alarm work - you just have to enable it.

to dlbrummels - I just tested Ptunes 2.2.1 basic which works fine - so Ptunes is not the problem. Can you let me know what dialogues you get when you hit the test button. It should give you a message box

/<folder>/<mp3 name> should now play from <volume name>

- though if you haven't named your sd card, the volume name will be blank.

after that, a button should appear (stop pocket tunes) which means that ptunes has told treobutler that it is live.

Anyone else unable to play MP3? I really want to fix this issue...

Path and filename are correct. Checked in Preferences.

Push test, says: Should now play from volume, just a vibrate no music, click okay and screen shows: Stop Pocket Tunes, nothing other than vibrate.
  4.    #64  
    Originally posted by dlbrummels

Path and filename are correct. Checked in Preferences.

Push test, says: Should now play from volume, just a vibrate no music, click okay and screen shows: Stop Pocket Tunes, nothing other than vibrate.
    OK this shows that TB is not aware of a chosen MP3.
    Can you confirm that you have done the following
    1) selected the mp3 button
    2) tapped on the arrow beneath the mp3 button and selected an mp3
    3) been able to see the name of your selected mp3 appear on the screen.

If you do those and get the same result - I'll be really confused!
    Hobbyist Software
    Got it, thanks much !
  6.    #66  
    Seems to be getting pretty stable (only DrTango's jinxed treo not playing mp3)

..So I've complicated things by adding the ability to select what days the alarm should go off.
    I've also added a setting for volume - so no risk of pocket tunes being on low volume and not getting heard.

Have also updated the menu button function -now does command button and shortcut with shift and option.

Let me know.

I'm smelling 1.0....

Edit: attachment removed, better version later
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 02/08/2004 at 07:27 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
    Does that mean you are .0006 updates away ?
  8.    #68  
    only if you pesky kids find more bugs...

Edit: and I'm the pesky kid. There is a bug. The registration nag seems to clear the normal alarm. I'll track it down tomorrow...
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 02/07/2004 at 05:36 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    I'm back..............
    Beta-beta test Matt here...Sprint/CDMA

Sorry I missed this round, I was waiting till the Sprint/CDMA SMS quirks were done, so as not to blame the nice Butler...YEA..the Butler did it.

Just downloaded V0.9999. First I am shocked at how much this app has grown, is there a back scratch setting?

The Alarm seems to work great. I use the Klavier tone, which complements the butler theme IMO.

Also K-Lauch works fine and I have "T" set to....TreoBulter..of course (should have been set that way from the programer.. )

I have Voice Mail LED set to the OEM (inside joke) state of Flashing Green. The Grabber is set for Incoming SMS and Voice Mail, with the Waterfall soundX3, volume at 7,VibrateX2, LED to Orange, repeat every 2m up to 10X.

Here is what I have seen so far (for troubleshooting reasons)

1. In the setup for the Attention-Beta, the 5-way skips "incoming call" and "Voice Mail Alert" if you use the up and down of the 5-way. Left and right work fine as far as scrolling up and down, but being I am an Aggie, I want up to go up and down to go down

2. Out of the blue, the Attention Grabber alert sounded and there was no text on the screen and no ICON for VoiceMail either? Could have been a quirk, I have been putting TB through it's paces.

3. I may have input about an intial delay for the Attention Grabber alert via TB, but need to do more reasearch first.

This is a class act app. You're making us Treo owners proud!

Thanks for all the hard work, I will send you an email too, Matt Burkhard
    Sprint/CDMA Treo600
    You know how there is a choice for LED warning for Voice mail and it's a stand alone setting in the TB app. Can one be added for the "Alert" (pop-up screen or attention grabber if you will) that turns the led to a state you choose, untill you acknowledge that Alert Window/pop up? Basicaly, Alert Window on, led=X

Thanks again, Matt Burkhard

Update, I may have found that feature, I'll test more then get back to you. Can a "reset LED" choice be added to the right of the "close" choice in the mail TB screen. So if I need to reset the LED, I can just hold the "T" key for 2 seconds as K-Lauch launches TreoBulter and then click the Reset LED choice and exit. Or heck better yet, "Reset LED and Close".

Just add this to your list of 176 other stuff people like me are asking for...LOL..sorry
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 02/07/2004 at 06:21 PM.
    I am on the FIDO Network in Canada and voicemail notification does not work.Is it because he I receive voicemail notice via sms as oppose to the voicemail icon thingy on some networks?

Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    Seems to be getting pretty stable (only DrTango's jinxed treo not playing mp3)

..So I've complicated things by adding the ability to select what days the alarm should go off.
    I've also added a setting for volume - so no risk of pocket tunes being on low volume and not getting heard.

Have also updated the menu button function -now does command button and shortcut with shift and option.

Let me know.

I'm smelling 1.0....
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Man this app is getting better every friggin time I come back here (which is once every three minutes)

Bugs:

I also notice that my alert will go off ever now and then for no reason with no pop up screen, no voicemail, or missed call, etc.

when I do get an alert that is warranted, it cuts off the tone before it is finished.

Wishlist:

Under the attention grabber, could the user define a time window that attention grabber will be active? I.E 10am-5pm, all day, Monday through Friday only, etc. Kind of like what you already have setup under the alarm preferences. I want to go to bed and not have any attention grabbers wakey wakey me. Basically the same function as treo alert manager if you are familiar with that.

Due praise:

genius man. pure genius.

Dont you just just press option + menu and it gives you the shortcut symbol and then type ds, for example? I can't get my shortcuts to work. I added a new one for Indianapolis. So I type: menu + option it gives me :shortcut: then I type ind which is what I set it for in the pref app then hit space and nothing. Am I doing this correctly??? I checked the Handspring site to make sure and as far as I know this is all you have to do. Hats off to Confused, the final product for this option is perfect, that is as long as I can get the shortcuts to work. Its really great even with the command bar since you can make it appear in an instant....its great!
    MP3 alarm worked twice now, once the screen flashed and nothing else happened.

Alarmlist says

2/8/04 8:12:00 "TreoButler" ref: 00000006, quiet

I've set the alarm to go off tomorrow am at 8:12

We'll keep trying

Thanks
    John
    how about this:

when the screen shuts off during a call i'd still like to be able to use the number buttons spacebar, backspace and return key on the dialpad to dial in my voice mail, etc. while IN a call.

also when the screen gets turned off during a call when i turn it back on the keyguard is on locked. can you not have it lock during a call? or maybe i'm missing something. as it is now if the screen is off during a call i have to turn it on, disable keyguard,then type any numbers.

the option tho have "s" enable screen when phone is off doesn't seem to work or maybe i'm confused as to what it's supposed to do.

it would be nice to:

1 not have the keyguard lock when phone is turned off while on a call

2 be able to type numbers, spacebar, backspace & return key during a call while screen is off
    as stated above....make attention grabber not grab your attention during certain hours, but check for alerts and grab attention when going back into effective hours.
    It would be great if TreoButler could change the LED to let you know about voicemail and alerts, while it is in the charging cradle. Is this possible? It seems to only change the LED when it is not connected to the charger.

Also, the LED doesn't always seem to change to what I set it to when there is voicemail waiting. Does anyone else experience this? Maybe my settings are not correct. I have "default LED state" set to "Leave". And "Voicemail Waiting" set to "Fast Green". And "Attention Grabber" Enabled. I'm using version .9991. Thanks.
    TREneo, Are you using a CDMA or GSM version?

Producer, When I do that, I get the shortcut symbol on the screen (:shortcut: ) and then type DTS (for date time stamp) and it just stays :shortcut: DTS, it never converts. But if I type "S", then the alt key, scroll to the :shortcut: and then type in DTS, it works.

TreoNeo, PhoneGuard may do more of what you want for that?

As some folks have said, lets get this baby dialed in first,then we can add.

Producer, So a sleep time for ALert Graber?

What I have since seen...
    I have Only the "incoming SMS" checked in the alttention-beta screen and the Set Alert options are
    Tone- Waterfall
    Play 3X
    Volume 7
    Vibrate 2X
    LED solid orange
    Repet - 2m
    Upto 10X

I get a SMS, I get my normal SMS tone, then it will sit till the 2m time and make my Waterfall tone 3X, turn the LED ORange, but never vibrate (however it works fine via the test button in the setup). ALso, I never hear a peep again,ever. When I do turn the Treo on to clear the ALert, the LED stays on untill I go inot TB and reset it.

I still have TreoALertMger on my treo, but it is disabled and I did soft reset it too.

Speaking of which, when the LED was orange and would not turn off, I soft reset it and it was still orange after the reset. I know the alarm is supose to survice a SR, but the LED too?

Thanks, Matt

The reason I asked for a LED state cahnge only for ALert Manager (like the LED state cahnge for the Voice Mail) was perhaps thinking of letting TAM take care of the audiable alerts for the Alert Manager and TB for the LED state cahnge (as well as the rest of the cool stuff TB can do too)
    Oh yea... The Voice Mail LED interface works like a charm. Comes on when I have one, and turns off by itlself after I listen too it...
    Gotta like it =)
    Would anyone else like to see TreoButler have the option to turn the screen off after a minute or so, while on a call, in order to save battery power? I've requested it, but the author doesn't have plans for it. So I thought I'd see if any others were interested in this also. Another product, PhoneGuard has this option and also the ability to disable keys when a call comes in, as TreoButler has. Would be nice to only have one app to do it all.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast