Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I like the idea of somehow changing the answer function. I have had this happen before, its very rare, but when using the phone for what have you while using the center button, if a call comes in you can accidentally answer a call. This could actually be fixed one way by keeping all buttons disabled and only answer with the screen. Adding a second press to answer the call would be nice tho. And the request for :shortcut: is much needed, so that we can make use of our shortcuts!! Maybe make it so holding menu brings up the command bar and then pressing another key would bring up :shortcut: because getting to that symbol is quite a lengthy process to begin with.
  2.    #42  
    how about

shift,menu = shortcut
    option,menu = command
    menu hold = nothing
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    If you could keep the menu hold = command as an option that would be great. I like the functionality as is...

But the additional suggestions are great.
    hey cv-your mailbox is full!
    did you get my email with the alarmlist notifcations stuff? did it help? what can I do about this?
    Originally posted by kilo94
    If you could keep the menu hold = command as an option that would be great. I like the functionality as is...
    I for one, prefer option+menu.
    But if it's available as an option, by all means
    Just curious, do you use Simple Profile Manager?
    Originally posted by rudychow

Hey everyone.. how about letting the developer get TB 1.0 stable before additional functionality is added? I've loaded over half a dozen versions of TB now and can't keep up with the various issues each version has.

Thoughts?
    Originally posted by stuartr

Hey everyone.. how about letting the developer get TB 1.0 stable before additional functionality is added? I've loaded over half a dozen versions of TB now and can't keep up with the various issues each version has.

Thoughts?
    I'll second that! Stop adding and perfect the forthcoming update. Let's work/help to debug it and get to a stable public release. Then, we can hack around with features.
  8.    #48  
    Ok folks,

Fair point from Stuart & Elysian9!

I want to get to a stable release as well.

I don't know of any bugs in this one - but it would probably be the first that people couldn't find anything!

Please do your worst and let me know the results.

Send bugs in and I'll do my best to fix them this weekend.

Edit: OK - one minor bug - you're no longer asked to choose a title. I'll fix that, in the meantime, use the preferences tab.
    Edit2: attachment removed. Newer version further down.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 02/07/2004 at 03:41 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    Originally posted by rudychow

Yes, but I have it set to hold down the option button to bring up Profile Manager (configurable in preferences). So my menu button is free to use the "command bar"
    Originally posted by kilo94

But the additional suggestions are great.
    I've been using Palm OS for 6 years now and I have yet to figure out what the command bar is used for. As far as I can tell, it is no different than pressing the menu button once (in the sense that the next key typed is interpretted as having a :menu: before it). What is it used for?
    I'm ready to pay, it works!!!

thank YOU!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  12.    #52  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I've been using Palm OS for 6 years now and I have yet to figure out what the command bar is used for. As far as I can tell, it is no different than pressing the menu button once (in the sense that the next key typed is interpretted as having a :menu: before it). What is it used for?
    Some apps use the command bar to make themselves available at any time. e.g. I've seen it used to let you take a screenshot in any app
    Hobbyist Software
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Some apps do not have command "letters" associated with the command stroke. Rather, they use an icon that appears only on the command bar, then one must tap that icon with a stylus. "Relate" is one such app. Names of other apps escape me right now, but I'm sure they exist.
    Im using the latest and after ok ing the alert, the TB alarm keeps going...how do i stop it other than soft reset? i can reset the led, but not the sound reminder....

edit - when alerts are set to fast green and vm is set to red, it seems to stop when ok'd..... i did have both set to red, and it would not stop when ok'd.....
    Last edited by christo1970; 02/06/2004 at 05:51 PM.
    Christo

There are NO Limits
  15.    #55  
    Originally posted by christo1970
    Im using the latest and after ok ing the alert, the TB alarm keeps going...how do i stop it other than soft reset? i can reset the led, but not the sound reminder....

edit - when alerts are set to fast green and vm is set to red, it seems to stop when ok'd..... i did have both set to red, and it would not stop when ok'd.....
    Hi Christo,
    I can't reproduce this bug - can you give me more info?
    What's supposed to happen is the following.
    Pressing the centre key stops all future alarms from sounding.
    At the next time that the alert manager would have sounded, it 'releases' the LED.
    If a voicemail has not been listened to - then (if your network supports this) the LED will stay the voicemail colour until you actually call and listen to it.

What I tried was:
    alert mgr: red - play 1, repeat 10s 4 times
    vm: red

I left myself a voicemail. Everything did what was expected - I was able to press the centre button to stop play.

Let me know if your bug is repeatable!

Cheers,
    Hobbyist Software
    CV-

The MP3 alarm seems to fail about half the time. Had mine set to go this morning--didn't. Once while testing it seemed to flash the screen once then nothing. Am I missing something in the settings?

Everything else seems to work well for me.

John
  17.    #57  
    Originally posted by drtango
    CV-

The MP3 alarm seems to fail about half the time. Had mine set to go this morning--didn't. Once while testing it seemed to flash the screen once then nothing. Am I missing something in the settings?

Everything else seems to work well for me.

John
    Hi John - sorry this is still a problem for you.How reliable is MP3 play when you test it from the alarm settings screen?

also - does anyone else have any problems with alarms?

You should just set the alarm, set the number of play times to at least 1 and it should work. the volume used will be what pTunes is set to - so if that's quiet, you might not actually hear the mp3...

there was an older version where the alarm was getting corrupted - but I don't think that can happen now. If you're interested, you can use 'alarm list' to check that the alarm is actually scheduled.
    Hobbyist Software
    It happened when i woke up to the alarm (just a perfect day), i guess i was in a daze, but when retesting and pushing the center button, Blammo! Thanks for the instruction! It does work as described by you. I guess instead of turning off the alarm, I hit the home button or something, and kept getting the reminder.

thanks for this cool little program, it's already improved the usefullness of the treo.

Christo
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    Alarm/MP3 always works in test mode. What's the alarm list? If it's what I think it is, I just have SMS notification checked. Do I need to check the first box (Normal alerts) to get the alarm to go?

Thanks
    John
    Originally posted by drtango
    Alarm/MP3 always works in test mode. What's the alarm list? If it's what I think it is, I just have SMS notification checked. Do I need to check the first box (Normal alerts) to get the alarm to go?

Thanks
    John
    Trying MP3 alarm with TreoButler V0.9991, with PocketTunes 2.2.1 Basic fails to do anything other than vibrate.

It only vibrates same as the nag register alert.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast