Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    newest seems to work for incoming sms's, but not on missed calls, and voicemail who knows, im still sitting here waiting for the message I sent to myself to come through........ Will be a great app though. I'd like it to work along with TAM, utilizing just the LED controls within TB and the reminders in TAM; that is till TB can handle all the various alerts (snapper, SMS, VM, missed call, Verichat, alarms). a different led combo for each individually configuarable would be cool.

keep up the good work!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Originally posted by smithj41
    As ALL_Forums mentioned above the VMail LED alert is no longer working on the Sprint CDMA version. This was on 0.9991 update.

Other then that I have had no issues with 0.9991.
    Damn... no Vmail LED yet??? Shoot... shucks. Crap. ;-0

Oh well... I can wait...

Is it done yet?..... no...ok..

How about now??? No???...ok....

And now?

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Great job w/ this version, love the command bar option. Makes my DA Launcher work very well...
  4.    #24  
    so - missed calls. I'm actually not clear of a way to detect a missed call per-se. However I can detect an incoming call.

What would people think of an option so that an incoming call triggered the attention grabber. If you answer your call with the centre button - then the attention grabber will be silenced (probably before it ever goes off).

This would effectively warn of missed calls - except for people who answer by tapping the screen or using handsfree. (actually - I could make the handsfree button stop the attention grabber as well)

I'd appreciate comments.

Re the voicemail LED - the good news is that mine doesn't work either - so i should be able to fix it!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Would it be possible to assign a different key to bring up the "command" function? Perhaps option+menu?

Reason being, I am using Simple Profile Manager and have assigned menu hold to that.

Also, that would have been the way HS would have done it if they had decided to include it.
    Great program. As an extra feature, is there any way to incorporate the ability to have the keypad stay lit when the phone is charging? This could be a check box option.

When I'm in my car at night and the phone is charging, it's really useful to have the keys lit so i can see the phone and make a call. I don't need or want the screen lit all the time since it would be too bright. Most regular cell phones do this when they're charging, but HS left this feature out.

Thanks,
    Mark
    The menu hold function brings up the Palm OS command bar, which is not normally usefull on a Treo.

However: a few usefull things cropped up when I tried it.

1. Clip Pro. Though not 5-Way supported yet (will be soon) you can get to the main pop-up menu without using a stylus. Clip Pro has at at least one great advantage: it increases the amount of text you can copy from 1KB up to 64KB, and allows you to keep up to 10 clipboards active at any one time. In combination with TreoSelecText it's a terrific tool.

2. BugMe. One feature of this app is the screenshot feature, which (at the moment) can only be accessed on the Treo via the command bar. It appears as a weird, green, 'buggy" icon on the far right of the command bar. Tap it to capture the current screen.

3. All the usual Palm cut/paste/select-all edit features are available on the command bar IF text is selected first. This is where TreoSelectText comes in.

Anyway to make the command bar icons accessible by 5-way?
    This app is great!! Man somany apps so little dough

One thing I noticed with new version is the LED notifier doesn't work when I get a new voicemail nor does the attention grabber. Also when I check alternate keyguard and turn phone off and on, no little key appears. the key appears after I press center.

Some things I would love to see:

I love these built in alert reminder boxes. If I snooze an email or sms I get that cute little blue flashing reminder. Well can you create an alert box-attention grabber along side of your LED notification and sound for voicemail & I.M. message? Here's what would be great:

I get a voicemail and the LED turns orange. The built in alert box pops up and says "ok-listen-snooze". If I press snooze, then i get that little blue flashing boxin the upper left corner. If I don't do anything, the alert box auto snoozes for whatever time I determine (right now, the new voice mail, email, or missed call or sms message alert boxes clog up the screen and stay there forever until I manually tap a choice). the alert would keep coming back untill I manually press "ok or listen". The LED could stay orange until I call in and check voicemail.

Could you do the same with missed calls? Could this auto-snooze feature be implemented in the already existing email and sms notification?

Would this be that hard to implement? I noticed that you used the Treo's alert box as a nagging screen. Well what if you could see unacknowledged voicemails, emails, sms, AND instant messages ALL through that alert box. Then if you didn't do anything, it closed (clearing up the screen) and put up that little blue flashing box. (currently only email & sms but no auto-snooze). I hope this is can be implemented. Gosh i am such a nerd. 8'B

Oh yeah, one more little request. I installed glowhack to keep on backlight,etc. Well it has a bug that kept the keyboard lit when I turned off the phone. It loooked aswesome. only keyboard lights on while off and charging is perfect. But it also starts flashing on and off all the time. so no good proggy. Well what IF... you implemented this feature into Tbutler? Option to keep keyboard on while on while off (while charging). it's perfect for when i have to reach over in the night to grab the phone. or it's just a great little nite lite. go get that app glowhack and check it out.

Thanx
    Last edited by treoneo; 02/04/2004 at 05:55 AM.
    Was wondering if there could be an option to disable the centre dpad when a phone call comes in... a CallGuard if you will.

Reason being, when playing on the treo, I sometimes hit the dpad centre at the same exact moment a call comes in. And this results in the phone call being answered. Not good if it's an unwanted caller.

I also noticed that there is an option to enable the screen during a call (using 'S') if it had been set to disabled. Perhaps the same could be done for the dpad as well? So to answer a call, i'd hit a key (for example 'spacebar') and then dpad centre. Other keys to consider: 'q' or 'p' cos it's easy to get to. Or even better: HOLD dpad centre to answer.

With this feature, i can use the treo and the dpad centre button without ever having to worry about accidently answering a call.
    Last edited by rudychow; 02/04/2004 at 12:44 PM.
    You sure are getting a lot of feature requests. Some seem crazy to me, please use your judgement as to what to include. And to everyone asking for new features, why not try yourself to write an app??? I think we are getting away from the original applications main uses by including the kitchen sink disposal!
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    Originally posted by rudychow
    Was wondering if there could be an option to disable the centre dpad when a phone call comes in... a CallGuard if you will.

Reason being, when playing on the treo, I sometimes hit the dpad centre at the same exact moment a call comes in. And this results in the phone call being answered. Not good if it's an unwanted caller.

With this feature, i can use the treo and the dpad centre button without ever having to worry about accidently answering a call.
    Search for keepoff. It will disable ALL keys during an incoming call, so you have to tap the screen to answer it. And it's free. And it seems to co-exist with TB.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    No biggie, but I think a new version is coming out today to fix the LED flash function on VM that is not working for some users.

I know sometimes these things take longer than we think.

Thanks for all of the help Confused. And I agree, can't please everyone or address all requests for modifications -- and not go insane that is.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    As for the command bar, thing, might there be a switch to make it write a :shortcut: instead? That would make shortcuts so much easier!!!!!
  14.    #34  
    busy week - so haven't been able to get to the LED fix. The phone keyguard was early - so I don't feel too bad.

Tomorrow or Friday!

Thanks for all the suggestions btw - any thoughts on my question regarding attention grabber and incoming calls?
    Hobbyist Software
    the attention grabber Should alert to missed call alert. Half the people who call dont bother to leave a message, but I'd still like to know by just looking at the led. What happens if missed calls is set to flashing green and message (vm or sms) would override the led to red? And can we have both TB and TAM on at the same time or can we do away with TAM?

thanks!

Chris

ps - Kurts idea is a worthy request.
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    Originally posted by christo1970
    You sure are getting a lot of feature requests. Some seem crazy to me, please use your judgement as to what to include. And to everyone asking for new features, why not try yourself to write an app??? I think we are getting away from the original applications main uses by including the kitchen sink disposal!
    You mean there hasn't been an ocassion when you were using the T600 and hit select at the same time a call comes in? I just thought that since Confused had wrote the code to re-enable the screen, that he could do the same for the dpad.

Anyways, whether a request is to be included or not is up to the judgement of the author. All we can do is give feedback on how to improve the software based on our own differing personal usage. Remember, it was a request which resulted in one of the best apps for the T600 to be developed, TreoSelecText.

Some may like my suggestion, some may not. It is up to the author to decide if it's a kitchen sink.
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Search for keepoff. It will disable ALL keys during an incoming call, so you have to tap the screen to answer it. And it's free. And it seems to co-exist with TB.
    KeepOff is a utility which works only AFTER the T600 has been turned off.

My post states that the problem is when I am ACTIVELY using the T600 and I hit the dpad at the exact moment a call comes in.
    how that can happen while playing a game or perhaps typing something. But when it does happen, I would take the call, and continue the game or whatever, after hanging up. Wont your game be in the same state you left it in? If the game is more important, and your getting lots of phone calls, how bout turning the radio off first? It would require no additional software, and less bugs to work out in getting a stable Butler going. I guess i dont spend as much time using the thing, so your request may be valid. But let confused work out the issues he's already started first, then we can forever ask him to make it better and better. TakePhone for example, Shimon has done a great job for years now on adding our requests. I'm sure the Butler will be as indespensible as TakePhone, Snapper, BugMe, and all the rest of the well tested software. He needs our responses on what he's trying to get done now, that would help more than everyone, including me, asking for newer and better already. I'll pay once it works, hopefully a lifetime upgrade like Snapper,Takephone ect... for supporting him during beta.....
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    Originally posted by christo1970
    [B]If the game is more important, and your getting lots of phone calls, how bout turning the radio off first?[B]
    The thing is, if i turn the radio off, i'd be missing calls that i'd want to take. The problem here is accidently answering calls that i do not want.

If there was a way to "buffer" the first dpad centre press the moment a call comes in, i could then make out who was calling and decide whether to take the call or not.

For the record, I understand that the author has a lot on his plate sorting bugs and stuff. Therefore, I had thought about my request before posting and it seems reasonable. I mean, the infrastructure is already there to (1) disable certain functions when a call comes in, and to (2) re-enable a function with a keypress. It's just a matter of applying them to include the dpad centre.

I think we'll just let the matter rest and not bloat this thread with banter. If anything, we'll agree to disagree. Cheers.
    Last edited by rudychow; 02/04/2004 at 11:31 PM.
  20.    #40  
    Hi Folks,

just to let you know that I'm really pleased to get requests - and particuarly discussion about them. I won't be adding much more than I have stated that I will - but if lots of people agree that they want something, It's much more likely to happen.

re christo1970's comment on upgrades. I do offer free upgrades and have no intention of changing that policy. That's my way of thanking the guys who bought in early. (the earliest version went for half the current low price)

So keep the requests coming !
    Hobbyist Software
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast