Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I guess you are too quick. The new updated version will allow you to use wave file in ram as ringtone. wait for it in your mailbox sometimes this week.
  2.    #22  
    Great! I'll be waiting!!!
    Smiley88 I just want to say that you are doing a great job listening to everybodys needs. I am sure it is very hard to listen to everybodys two cents on things. You really have created a great app and I just wanted to give you a Thanks. I will be buying the full version when you come out with the new beta. I really can't stand midi tones, I know itis just a matter of time that you will have everything ironed out. I feel customer service is one of the hardest things to deal with as you can't please everybody. In the meantime I thought I would let you know you are doing a great job.

Thanks
    much appreciated
    Jeff
    Thanks for all your support guys! Without your input I don't think Lwave would be as great.

Here is an update

- Lightwav can now play uncompressed and compressed wave files from RAM. this is a big achivement. I've was able to load a mp3 and convert it a compressed wave file and play it from ram. of course the quality is not as good but is comparable. the size is about the same if you use 11hz. the higher the quality the bigger the size.

- Lightwav now use the Phone->Sound Prefs as the ringtone. Indpendent of PocketTunes.

- With the new version you DO NOT require PocketTunes for ringtones. Of course you can only use wave files and not MP3.

- added custom sound file for individual appointments in datebook or datebk5. No repeating and notime appts allowed.

- added new sound path. this is for all you who have complained about mixed sound files. you can now specify the folder where you keep all your sound files.

hopefully a new beta will be updated by tomorrow. visit www.toysoft.ca

BTW, get the introductory price now for LightWav before the officially release. you will save
    When I have the mail icon showing in Phone app, and then I listen and delete ALL messages, the mail icon goes away. As soon as that happens, the voicemail ringtone started.

I tried this a few times and verified that this IS an issue.

Will this be addressed in the coming release?????
    Originally posted by cleveland216
    When I have the mail icon showing in Phone app, and then I listen and delete ALL messages, the mail icon goes away. As soon as that happens, the voicemail ringtone started.

Same thing happens to me.
    I downloaded Light Wav last night and have three problems so far:

(1) Even though I set a WAV file as a ringtone, the phone still uses the MIDI as its ringtone.

(2) LightWav does not "see" all of the music files on the card. It sees WAV's but not MP3's and it lists files that are not sound files as well.

(3) It has soft reset about 5 times now since I've had it installed. Typically when I am trying to run Chatter or SMS.
    Originally posted by smiley88

You can try this.

1. launch the Prefs app
    2. tap on Sound Prefs in the menu
    3. tap on Tones
    4. set unknown and known caller alarm to "Silent"

this will prevent the builtin midi ringtone to sound. I haven't tried on the real Treo yet
    Trying this on my Treo simply made the Treo vibrate on the ringtone. Yes, I had it switched to turn the sound on.
    Before I get excited, let me get this straight.

As soon as tomorrow I will be able to download wavs directly from the net to my phone and play them without a card as a ringtone?

Will it really be that simple?

Where on the net can I find wav files that will be suitable for the program?

I will only USE the program for wav files and I think the AOL "You've Got Mail" file would be a fun notification when I get SMS.

O, did I mention that this is "Help a Rookie Out" Day?

Kimberly
    Yes, as long as the wave file is in PCM or ADPCM format.
    you will need to convert the wave file format to palmOS db. hopefully we will have a windows app for you to convert but will post some sample wave on our site too.
    Originally posted by smiley88
    Yes, as long as the wave file is in PCM or ADPCM format.
    you will need to convert the wave file format to palmOS db. hopefully we will have a windows app for you to convert but will post some sample wave on our site too.
    Okay, so am I to presume that most wav files I find on the net WON'T be in that format? And, do you know of a program that will convert these "special" wavs to pdf files?

The AOL "You've Got Mail" wav would be a GREAT sample file....***hint, hint****
    there is great app for Windows call Goldwave www.goldwave.com which will let you convert from/to many sound formats. when converting to wave format the best are one of the following.

IMA ADPCM 11.025KHZ 4bit, Stero - OK quality
    IMA ADPCM 22.050KHZ 4bit, Stero - better
    IMA ADPCM 44.10KHZ 4bit, Stero - best bigger file size

remeber that the quality will not be as good as mp3. You can load your mp3/wave and then convert to wave file then use our (soon!) tool to convert to palmOS db then Hotsync.
    Ok ok...don't mean to sound thick, but I think I've got the part that MP3s will have to be converted to a WAV in order to play it from RAM, and the conversion will compromise the sound quality.

But if I already have a WAV file all I have to do is use the tool that you are developing to convert the WAV to a pdf and then syc to my computer, right?

I guess I could just wait to download the updated program and play around with it.

Thanks for all your help.

K
  14.    #34  
    So we will be able to play wave files direct from RAM and still be able to play mp3 ringtones from the card. I like the wav idea as a workaround. The file size isn't too big if you reduce the quality. The quality isn't as important since it's not playing through the greatest speaker anyway.

Well it's a good thing I bought when I did then.

Thanks for the support Smiley88.
  15.    #35  
    So we will be able to play wave files direct from RAM and still be able to play mp3 ringtones from the card. I like the wav idea as a workaround. The file size isn't too big if you reduce the quality. The quality isn't as important since it's not playing through the greatest speaker anyway.

Well it's a good thing I bought when I did then.

Thanks for the support Smiley88.
    Originally posted by cleveland216

Smiley, is this going to be resolved?
    Have you even seen this problem before? It is not hard to duplicate...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    You say a new version is coming out tomorrow. I bought the old version a week ago. Will I be able to install the new one and be full instead of demo?
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    I was also curious if you could make the app not clear the playlist to play the mp3. kinda sucks to have to reload my playlist every time but I have a feeling this is a pocket tunes limitation.
    OK guys, I'm a complete novice when it comes to this stuff so I dont know much about what you're all talking about. However I do know that I want to use MP3's as my ringtones and alarms.

I just registered my Ptunes and have downloaded the trial for LightWav. I would appreciate it if someone would walk me through step by step to begin using the MP3's that I have stored on my PC as ringtones. Also please keep in mind that I do NOT have an SD card yet. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned being able to use the T600's RAM. I would love to know how to do this.

Thanks a bunch!
    Smiley - how are you handling upgrades if we purchase TODAY, will we get the upgrades you are working on week to week? How long?

THANKS
    Charliec
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast