Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have two major gripes about the default app for contacts on the T600:
    #1) Inability to choose a "Contacts" icon from the main applications page. Instead I have to go into the Phone application and choose Contacts. Why HS did this I'll never know. #2) Once I'm actually in the default contacts app, I have to scroll down each and every number of each person to get to the contact I'm looking for. I know I can always type the first couple letters of the person's name and I should get to the one I want, but geez sometimes I just wanna scroll. They should just list every person's name minus the corresponding phone number. This should make things easier.

So after my early frustrations with the default Contacts app, I decided to try out Tealphone. Its a good app but its not optimized for the T600. So I cant use the Center button to choose my contacts. In fact, the Center button is completely useless. I either have to use my finger or the stylus to make a selection. The upside is that they dont list every single tel. # for each contact. This makes scrolling easier. My question is what app, out of all the Contacts apps that are out there, do you guys recommend for the T600? Any help would be greatly appreciated....
    1. Looks like you missed the option in Phone (in Display preferences) to initiate a search from dialpad view. This allows you to search right away in contacts using letters or to dial numbers. It's meant to be set to numbers initially so newbies dont get lost.

2. TakePhone may have some of the features that you want. It also does a nice Company search.

Word of warning on replacing the address book: some of the replacements screw up the index of names for the built in address book/contacts. If your lookup suddenly starts acting haywire, there is a good chance that your address book replacement software has imposed its own sort order on contacts overriding the one neeeded by the Treo in order to do its lookup function correctly. As long as you leave the sort order as last/first or first/last, you will be OK. You can remedy this if U do it in error - see HS.com/support knowledgebase for a solution.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Pory. Yeah I had no idea that I could start a contacts search by typing from the dialpad. Thats good info. I'll try Takephone out and see what happens.

BTW, this T600 is the best smartphone I've ever owned. Its top dog in the market as far as I'm concerned. I owned a Motorola Accompli 009 before this and I thought that kicked azz. The T600 is s****ing all over it. Thanks again....
    getting something like Agendus or Datebk 5.0 which has an address function built in which you can manipulate to suit you? There is also Contacts 5 - but I've never used it personally.

Good luck!
    Try this site. http://www.mobimate.com/contactspro/index.shtml

I have used Contacts Pro on my other Palm devices. It was very usefull. I have just e-mailed them to see if the new version is compatable with the Treo 600. Their web site states they support Treo devices and 5 way Jog. No indication about the 5 way toggle.
    Thanks,

np
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all your help guys...
    You might also look into this software (at www.shsh.com), which has now been optimized for the Treo 600. I don't use it, but many who have it swear by it.
    has anyone tried Contacts 5? I'd be interested to see if it can sync with Outlook and blend with the native app
    Last edited by 100thMonkey; 02/02/2004 at 12:50 PM.
    Hi,
    If you want to have all the fields from outlook (not outlook express!!!) abailable in your treo I would recommend Keycontacts from chapura.
    Yeah but KeyContacts and KeySuite make their own apps and don't worj with the native apps
    Originally posted by curtiscarmack
    You might also look into this software (at www.shsh.com), which has now been optimized for the Treo 600. I don't use it, but many who have it swear by it.
    I just downloaded this package and it is definitely the best I have seen. Very easy, full of features and options. And it is free right now for Treo 600 due to it's beta status.
    Thanks,

np
    Originally posted by nickp

I just downloaded this package and it is definitely the best I have seen. Very easy, full of features and options. And it is free right now for Treo 600 due to it's beta status.
    Hi,

Welcome to the TAKEphONE users community...

Note - TAKEphONE is NOT free - it is a 30 days trial.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    I have two major gripes about the default app for contacts on the T600:
    but geez sometimes I just wanna scroll.
    You can scroll page by page while holding the option button down and using the 5way nav pad.
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE

Hi,

Welcome to the TAKEphONE users community...

Note - TAKEphONE is NOT free - it is a 30 days trial.
    Not a problem. Well worth the money if it is out of beta and a released product. How long do you anticipate before you release the Treo 600 version ?? How will upgrades/updates be handled ??

Thanks for a great app !!!
    Thanks,

np
    Originally posted by nickp

Not a problem. Well worth the money if it is out of beta and a released product. How long do you anticipate before you release the Treo 600 version ?? How will upgrades/updates be handled ??

Thanks for a great app !!!
    Well - as you can see - I am almost out of build numbers, so RELEASE version 5.06 is just around the corner...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Can TAKEphone sync with outlook and work in the native phone addressbook, sms, email, and caller ID apps for the Treo 600?
    Anyone like the contacts that came with the Treo? I do
    Advance: I like it too, but personally I find it nothing short of insane that they left out ANY display customization options for the concact listing. At the very least it should allow one to customize the font for contacts so you could have the contact name and title in bold and the numbers in plain for easy scanning. Further, it should have the option of coloring row background, hiding/showing specific fields (i.e. company), etc. All these things are very important for fast scanning/reading of contacts when on the move.
    I mean, this is a Palm OS5 app running on the best smartphone you can buy today, not some cell phone phonebook circa 2001.

I wish someone at Palm was paying attention to this... but it doesn't look like it.
    I went from a Palm V to this, so the Treo is simply amazing. I am probably the minority, as I didn't keep up with the Jones' all these years with Palm equipment. What you discuss does sound awesome, I simply didn't know those things were possible.

Originally posted by NSiNSiNSi
    Advance: I like it too, but personally I find it nothing short of insane that they left out ANY display customization options for the concact listing. At the very least it should allow one to customize the font for contacts so you could have the contact name and title in bold and the numbers in plain for easy scanning. Further, it should have the option of coloring row background, hiding/showing specific fields (i.e. company), etc. All these things are very important for fast scanning/reading of contacts when on the move.
    I mean, this is a Palm OS5 app running on the best smartphone you can buy today, not some cell phone phonebook circa 2001.

I wish someone at Palm was paying attention to this... but it doesn't look like it.
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE

so RELEASE version 5.06 is just around the corner...
    Hi Shimon...will v5.06 be the release that we can register. I get scared of beta versions, especially when they crash my phone. It just makes me nervous that I wont be able to get it working right.

I wanna be a customer, but wanna wait for the stable version

Claire
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast