1.    #1  
    How can I find out what version of the firmware my treo 600 is using. I'd had mine for 3 months and then suddenly callers started hearing a very loud buzzing sound. Orange customer service sent me a replacement within 20 hours or so (I phoned them at 8pm) which was good, and I have no problems with it, other than very occasional resets (which I never had before).

Also, why doesn't anyone either a) post the firmware update or b) tell us where the link is? Is it a secret?

In fact, does anyone know what it's supposed to give us?

Anthony
    With wireless turned on, and when you're in the phone app - press menu "i" and you should be able to find which firmware you're using.

Now do a Google search for treo 600 firmware and make sure you read the instructions. I have 2.09, but I can't remember the URL of where I got it from. But my Orange UK phone still works just fine.

Good luck!
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by the phoenix
    With wireless turned on, and when you're in the phone app - press menu "i" and you should be able to find which firmware you're using.

Now do a Google search for treo 600 firmware and make sure you read the instructions. I have 2.09, but I can't remember the URL of where I got it from. But my Orange UK phone still works just fine.

Good luck!
    Thanks. I found 2.08 with the instructions at http://66.234.40.114:92/ and another copy on this site at http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ferrerid=23734

It seems to work fine. Only thing is that the orange logo has gone on bootup (it says handspring now) and:

- the sms application now is called SMS (didn't it use to be called "Messages"?)

- the "Photo Msg" app is now called "MMS"

- I'm sure that the application now called "Camera" used to be "Photos" - I think?

- there is an application called "SIM Srvcs" - I'm sure this used to be called something different.

And most importantly, the orange update feature is missing! What am I going to to???? :-) The strange little cartoon thing, and the two crap ringtones were so important!
  4.    #4  
    Oh yes, and the online backup has disappeared too...

I don't suppose I could get this back