Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 600 and a couple of problems 1)When I browse in blazer and leave the app, & I come back to Blazer I cannot go "back" on the web. The back arrow is white, not blue. I also press the back arrow on the keyboard and that didn't work either. I have already downloaded the update on my Treo 600.
    2) I cannot move the cursor while typing in Wordsmith or Quickword. On Treo 300 I would just hold option and hit the up or bottom arrow keys and the cursor whould move to & fro. Otherwise what a great phone!
    #1 is normal, due to you exiting the app.
    #2 ? I use Doc To Go
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    #1 is normal, due to you exiting the app.
    Yes, it is normal. It's also very frustrating. Blazer should save the history list in a DB and refer to it upon return.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    how is this normal? I check advanced preferences and all my cache is always reset to zero (history, saved bookmarks, except for cookies). Now when I go back to Blazer from any app, it automatically goes to Vision homepage, not whatever page I had previously loaded. I checked under filesz for all Blazer files and some were named Blazer5, some Blazer3. Is this right? This never happened on my Treo 300. Essentially, everytime I leave Blazer, the history is erased. Buy I still always have my bookmarks... doesn't seem normal at all.

Can anyone write a hack that will fix this? This is pretty imortant!
    Last edited by treoneo; 02/01/2004 at 06:28 AM.
  5.    #5  
    bump

am I the only one with this problem?
  6.    #6  
    bump
    That's annoying
    Pete
    Originally posted by PeteEMT
    That's annoying
    I browse in blazer, go to whatever app, switch back to blazer (initial view set to bookmarks), tap the page view and I'm back to the last page I was browsing. If it's a form, then it would be cleared. This is normal on my Sprint Treo600. As long as there wasn't a reset, it should retain the last page.

Is the blazer problem annoying or the bumping?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  9.    #9  
    Well I can do that but the problem is trying to go back in the cache by pressing back arrows. When I leave Blazer & come back the little back & forward arrows are white, not blue. Thanx.

P.S. Th bumping is not that annoying!
    Originally posted by treoneo
    Well I can do that but the problem is trying to go back in the cache by pressing back arrows. When I leave Blazer & come back the little back & forward arrows are white, not blue. Thanx.
    I believe this is way it's "supposed" to work. You can go back by going into History from the menus, and then choosing the location you want.
  11.    #11  
    that doesn't make sense at all. i feel likei am going crazy? am i the only one who doesn't think this is normal? why have the arrow keys then? and this was not the case on my treo 300 by the way...
    Originally posted by treoneo
    that doesn't make sense at all. i feel likei am going crazy? am i the only one who doesn't think this is normal? why have the arrow keys then? and this was not the case on my treo 300 by the way...
    It makes perfect sense. It's exactly the same way Internet Explorer works. If you QUIT internet explorer, then restart it, the arrow keys don't remember where you were. You have to go to history.

Remember that Palm OS does NOT multi-task. When you switch away from Blazer you're shutting it down completely, not just switching it to the background.

That said, it would be NICE if the authors of Blazer had taken into account the fact that PalmOS doesn't multi-task, and saved the history in such a way that you could still use the back button.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  13.    #13  
    I here ya but I have to say that on My Treo 300 that was not the case. I would leave Blazer & come back & be able to go back and forward. I'm thoroughly confused here. :-\ I can do this fine on xiino browser. So I doubt it has anything to do with multitasking. It is a fault or bug with Current Blazer. Can anyone confirm that whern they leave Blazer and come back they CAN browse back and forward?
  14.    #14  
    Just got off the phone with Vision tech support & he said there is no longer an actĄ
    Including this post 7 out of 14 items in this thread are from the guy who started this thread.

Yes, it looks like your the only one this bothers.

Yes the bumping is annoying when there are what, 4 active threads in this category.

And YES, I need my morning coffee
    He is not the only one this bothers, it also drives me nuts...particularly when reading TreoCentral - getting a call and then losing my "back button" history... I know also that the 300 worked fine on this, any idea why they would change how it worked with the 600, a better, more powerful device ?
    I use the history to get back to prior pages.
  18.    #18  
    yeah 9 months later that's what i have resorted to...
    Maybe this will be fixed in the new Treo?
    Thanks for the idea on the History... I never had checked that out before... not convenient but at least it solves my major issue !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast