1.    #1  
    Once pictures are in the Treo 600 via SplashPhoto, how do you get them into "Treo Picture" or get it recognized by "Treo Picture" for caller Id???

Splash data works great easy to get resized 160X160!

got rid of all fuzzy pictures Treo Picture created...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by nasdq1
    Once pictures are in the Treo 600 via SplashPhoto, how do you get them into "Treo Picture" or get it recognized by "Treo Picture" for caller Id???

Splash data works great easy to get resized 160X160!

got rid of all fuzzy pictures Treo Picture created...
    I assume you transfered pictures from your desktop to the Treo via the Splash Photo desktop application. Splash Photo converts them into a palm file and not a jpeg. There is no way that Treo Pictures can recognize it.
    Jeff
    This has been discussed at length in serveral thread (mostly by me )...but there is NO palmOs app that can natively move images from the card or ram into the Treo Pictures library. Image Viewers like Resco can move jpg's etc from the card to ram and vice versa, but they cannot move them into the Treo Pictures folder. Read the following threads fo rmore info:

Splashphoto to Picture app

View Jpegs in Ram and on SD cards?

pbmp and jpeg formats

Basically, the only way to add images accesible by the Treo picture app is via the desktop Treo Pic conduit. Thus unfortunatley you cannot bypass the computer at this time...but perhpas Resco or some one will offer a solution soon...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Try dis way..if u have da time

Upload da photos u wanna in ur TREO to a webpage online (for example: Yahoo photo album ).
    Den access ur webpage via da Treo blazer.
    Once u click on any photo it will ask u if u want to download n save. If u click yes..it gets downloaded in da TREO photo library.
    I was born smart, Education ruined me.
    Nice idea. I just took it a step further though and came up with the solution. Instead of uploading the jpgs to Yahoo. Just put them on the SD card and then use Blazer to browse the SD card path to the jpeg. Blazer will then let you download the jpg into the Treo photo library. And there you go!

For example - put a picture named test.jpg in the root directory of the SD card. Then go into Blazer and enter the following URL:

file:///test.jpg

Blazer reads the jpg and gives you the option to save it to Treo pictures if you SMELLLLLLLLLLLL what the Rock is cooking!

You can even view them in subdirectories. If the subdirectory is named 'jpgs' then do this:

file:///jpgs/test.jpg

One side note, since your browsing your card as a URL, you can't have spaces in any of the directory names where you are browsing pictures on the SD card. For example, file:///my 2004 jpgs/test.jpg won't work. Blazer simply won't let you type a [SPACE] in the URL name.

Credit given where credit is due.... I got the idea by combining the Yahoo idea of pal2palka7 with jaslo's discovery that you could browse local html files in the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ight=blazer+SD

Hope this helps everybody!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Bob-C, awesome tip! Just did it as you described. Especially great for those of us with macs lacking the picture conduit.

Thanks again!

Best,
    --Mathew