1.    #1  
    is it ok to get a cheaper 3rd party one or should i get the handspring (OEM) one? i'd rather not pony up 35 bucks if i don't have to... can anyone recommend one if i can get a 3rd party one safely??
    When it comes to chargers and batteries I would stay away from anything that is not OEM. Don't want to risk frying the phone.
    i bought a wallcharger and 2 cradles at DANSCELLULAR on ebay; everything works fine and they cost about half the price you find them at handspring.

they are OEM

hope this helps...

4.    #4  
    i can't find a "DANSCELLULAR" anywhere on ebay using a seller search - or in any of the "treo 600 wall charger" listings... but thanks!!!
  5.    #5  
    are there any local stores (circuit city, best buy, compUSA) that seel these? i'll probably be w/o my phone for a few days if i order one online... this is so frustrating - i've never had a charger die on me for ANYTHING.
    I would think that PalmOne or your carrier would replace it under the warranty. Have you tried that route?
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  7. KBS
    http://search.stores.ebay.com/search...ans%20cellular Try this link. I have purchased an OEM desk top cradle from this store and the service has been very good.
  8.    #8  
    thanks found what i wanted there... i'm still going to try and call sprint and see if i can't get it replaced under warranty (then i'll have one for work too

thanks again.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I had my T600 for only one day when the power cord fried. I called the Cingular store and had to driver back in for a replacement. If it is under 90 days, or relatively new, call your Cell Provider and ask if they can switch one out for you.

Mine did.

dootndo2
    Call Customer Care 888-565-9393. I told them mine wasn't working, they had a new one on my doorstep in 2 days.
  11.    #11  
    in case anyone's interested in how my tale ends: i actually called that number and got pushed around into a sprint queue (after several xfers) and they gave me a $30 credit rather than send me out a new one... strange but i'll take it. pays for the one i bought from ebay
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    in case anyone's interested in how my tale ends: i actually called that number and got pushed around into a sprint queue (after several xfers) and they gave me a $30 credit rather than send me out a new one... strange but i'll take it. pays for the one i bought from ebay
    AT&T only said the phone itself was under warranty so no money back or a replacement for the wall charger

My charger died last week it appears, still waiting for a wall/car charger combo from Dan's Cellular which hasn't arrived (I ordered it over a week ago)

I've resorted to leaving my phone completely off so I don't completely lose my charge since it appears from other threads this can be a problem if you get to 0%