1.    #1  
    My T600 suddenly started turning on by itself. It will turn off automatically after 2 minutes, but then shortly thereafter will turn back on again. Once it even came up with the screen asking me to enter my security code, and I entered it, but got a message saying it was invalid. I just kept doing soft resets, and it finally went back to the normal screen, but is still going on and off by itself.

I would do a hard reset, but am not at the PC where I have a good backup, and...well it's a long story but would rather not do a hard reset right now. Any suggestions?
    This is not uncommon at all. You have a program that is misbehaving itself. Look at what you have installed since the problem began, what accesses the internet or does something different and then delete/reset to find the offending problem. Often times there is an update to the problem.

I experienced this problem with one program and let the author know of it; a fix was released that evening.

Originally posted by sparky76
    My T600 suddenly started turning on by itself. It will turn off automatically after 2 minutes, but then shortly thereafter will turn back on again. Once it even came up with the screen asking me to enter my security code, and I entered it, but got a message saying it was invalid. I just kept doing soft resets, and it finally went back to the normal screen, but is still going on and off by itself.

I would do a hard reset, but am not at the PC where I have a good backup, and...well it's a long story but would rather not do a hard reset right now. Any suggestions?