Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    after the update it seems!

Ive been searching all over this site to find how to restore them...they are still in the palm desktop program, but when i do a hotsynch it doesnt restore them to my phone!
    does anyone know how to help me
    thanks
    chris
    grrrrrr
    Have you made sure that you enabled "desktop overwrites handheld" for the address book under Hotsync>custom on the Palm Desktop?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    That "shouldn't" be necessary, but it won't hurt. Also make sure you're using the same hotsync name that you saved all your data under.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    After my first sync post-update my contacts appeared to be messed up. I re-synced and they were restored properly.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Have you made sure that you enabled "desktop overwrites handheld" for the address book under Hotsync>custom on the Palm Desktop?
    I tried that and still no luck

when i go to my contacts, all i see is:

account information
    customer solutions
    directory assistance
    sprint operator
    voice command

help!
    Sorry to ask the obvious, but are you sure your contacts are present on your PC in either Outlook or the Palm Desktop (not sure which you're using)?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yes all my contacts are in the palm desktop
    I had similar problems after updating, and was saved by BackupMan. One thing to check is that you are synching to the same user names. CS wasn't any help (surprise) and was saying that I had a corrupt db, which proved to be untrue. Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I just did a hard reset and that didnt help either

everything synchs except my contacts,

if anything i could re-enter them manually into the treo, but still when i hot synch its not backing it up onto my pc!
    right click on the HotSync icon, in the system tray (fancy word for the box on the lower right side of the moniter) on the PC and select "custom", what is "address" set to do?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i do not see "address" under "custom"
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I fixed it...

I reinstalled the palm desktop/ hotsynch aplications to my pc
    and it works now

whatever.......
    Sorry, "address Book"

Good to hear ya got it