1.    #1  
    Okay so far I love the Treo600 - I got rid of my Clie, my Nokia phone and now I want to get rid of my RIM pager!! Shangra-la awaits!! Or at least I hope!! I can almost see the leather of my belt again and exodus from geekdom is at hand!!

I have my Sprint vision email address (pop.sprintpcs.com) and I can send receive pages (i.e email's) to it, but the Treo600 does not wake up automatically when new messages are sent. I have to manually log into this pop3 email host using an email app to get them. Sprint recommended Eudora but I have iambic's Agendus and that connects just fine.

Is there any one out there who has been successful in making the Treo600 act as a RIM replacement? This might be tough, but I would also like to be able to send/receive pages while on the phone! This may not be possible till PalmOS version 6 give true multitasking! For now i would settle for just being able to get pages to come in automatically.

I have tried the app TreoAlertMgr but this does not seem to work either. Any sugggestions?? I have read quite a few posts on the SMS issues in various areas. I am in NY and I have receive SMS pages from other phones, but the hope is to get two way paging to work via email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Originally posted by bmortimo

I have my Sprint vision email address (pop.sprintpcs.com) and I can send receive pages (i.e email's) to it, but the Treo600 does not wake up automatically when new messages are sent. I have to manually log into this pop3 email host using an email app to get them. Sprint recommended Eudora but I have iambic's Agendus and that connects just fine.

With your Sprintpcs email account, there is a setting that will tell you to send a text message alert anytime it receives email. This will allow you to get an instant text alert, and then you can bring up your POP3 client to get the mail.
    Or, if you have (or get) an IMAP email account (for example, at fastmail.fm) you can get pushed email with Chatter.

Marc
    as long as they are not over 140 chars you can have them send to XXXXXXXXXX@messaging.sprintpcs.com and they will appear in you SMS inbox with a popup alert on your phone in all their glory.

digidep
    Originally posted by bmortimo

Is there any one out there who has been successful in making the Treo600 act as a RIM replacement? This might be tough, but I would also like to be able to send/receive pages while on the phone! This may not be possible till PalmOS version 6 give true multitasking! For now i would settle for just being able to get pages to come in automatically.

I think I have a setup that fits your need exactly. However first, did you miss the news about PalmOne adding BB-client support in the near future?

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/298-1.htm

Anyway, I have email messages on pcs mail acct sent immediatetly to my Treo using SMS-triggers via Treohelper + Snapermail. I setup my PCS Mail to automatically send SMS whenever I receive a new message in my inbox > the Treo receives the sms > Treohelper recognizes the sms according to predefined triggers > Treohelper automatically launches Snappermail to poll my PCS mail acct > Treohelper sets off notification alarm... It's obviously not as elegant as Chatter etc and relies on Sprint's ocassionaly flacky sms feature, but it does work...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions