Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by sparxus

I received their catalog. This item is listed twice at 59.99. When you order make sure you mention the catalog price.
    Most people are not privy to the catalog; so they wouldnt know that the price differs by about $40. Most folks who want this case are going to naturally assume that the price is exactly as they see it on the website. Dayum shame though that mobileplanet has it listed as being available as of 2/13/04, but there is no picture of it.
    Last edited by scandalex; 08/15/2008 at 10:13 AM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    For those of you who want a Vaja case with a flap for your Treo 600 they make the 797 which seems to be very similar to the Piel Farma. I was going to go with the Vaja 797 case because it seemed that the two were similar and the 797 was $25 less expensive.

However, after I read the postings here, I bought a Piel Farma for less than what the Vaja 797 is listed at on their web site.

So, thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences/knowledge with me. Based on your feedback, I think that I've made a much better case decision.

Bill
    OK, that isn't a troll and I'm not intending to ignite a firestorm, but the Piel Frama case I received from Styluscentral.com completely sucked.

It didn't fit the Treo 600 very well at all, and none of the holes lined up. The quality was very poor, with the leather cuts looking like they had been colored with a black crayon to make them black like the rest of the case.

In addition, the belt clip was massive. I was used to the belt clips on the EB Slipper for the Visor Prism, which aren't that thick. however, the belt clip assembly on the Piel Frama makes it stick out way farther than I would like.

Lastly (and this is just personal preference) I hated how this flip top case felt and functioned. I didn't like it nearly as much as the Slipper Prism I used to use and ultimately returned it.

If people here are comparing the Piel Frama to the Vaja cases, they should know these aren't even in the same universe, as far as quality is concerned (to wit, I've only used friend's Vajas... never owned one myself).

In any event, I **STRONGLY** recommend against the Piel Frama -- or if you must buy one, get it from StylusCentral.com because they will allow you to return it when you find out how crappy it is, and how poorly it fits your Treo 600.

For now -- I'm using a Belkin Ipod case I bought of Ebay for $9.99. Maybe if I can get the Vaja Ivolution for $59.99 I will do that.

Sorry for the harsh opinion -- I know people love their Piel Framas -- but I just can't figure out why.

Brian
    Originally posted by sparxus

I received their catalog. This item is listed twice at 59.99. When you order make sure you mention the catalog price.
    Called to order from Mobileplanet yesterday and they refused to honor the price. They claimed their disclaimer at the back of the catalog makes them exempt from pricing errors in the catalog. So, therefore, the price is, in fact, $89.

L
    Last edited by Leeladisky; 02/13/2004 at 01:43 PM.
    Lee Ladisky
    how do you get their catalog?
    Last edited by jennyfur; 02/13/2004 at 01:47 PM.
    Originally posted by jennyfur
    how do you get their catalogue?
    Order from them (they'll send it automatically) or, I think you can sign up for their mailing list on the website.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I also have been waiting nearly 50 days for my "plain black" stock case to ship. I get the same canned responses you folks have been getting and I can not find a phone number for them anywhere at all. This is the lst time I order from a company that has no phone number.

For your information I called Mobile Planet today and they are getting the same jobbing from Vaja that several of us are. They have been told several different dates for delivery and now are not expecting theirs before 2/29 at THE EARLIEST!
    I checked again and they did mention about the error on the catalog. I think they did that on purpose to get people's attention. Anyway, I changed my order to Covertec case which will be available on 02/27. I will probably cut the plastic to get better use of the stylus.

Originally posted by Leeladisky

Called to order from Mobileplanet yesterday and they refused to honor the price. They claimed their disclaimer at the back of the catalog makes them exempt from pricing errors in the catalog. So, therefore, the price is, in fact, $89.

L
    <br>
    "What counts most in creating a successful team is not how compatible its players are, but how they deal with incompatibility." - Sports Illustrated
    I received mine 2 full months after ordering it. I too am mad at Vaja for their poor customer service. But now that I have the case, I feel compelled to tell you to not cancel your order, if at all possible. The service was completely unacceptable, but the case is so well made that I'm glad I didn't cancel my order. I have the plain black ivolution, and it is molded around the treo so perfectly that it feels like it's part of the treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicpatriot
    I received mine 2 full months after ordering it. I too am mad at Vaja for their poor customer service. But now that I have the case, I feel compelled to tell you to not cancel your order, if at all possible. The service was completely unacceptable, but the case is so well made that I'm glad I didn't cancel my order. I have the plain black ivolution, and it is molded around the treo so perfectly that it feels like it's part of the treo.
    Well, I ordered a custom Vaja Classic embossed yesterday. I'll let you all know how long it takes to arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by KCGator
    Vaja Cases is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. I ordered a custom i-Volution case on 12/26 and have not received anything yet. When I email I get the response that it is in final production. I am tired of leaving the protection of my $500 phone in the hands of these bozos. Has anyone had success in cancelling an order with Vaja? I paid with my VISA check card.

I am also looking for a good alternative to the i-Volution case. Obviously, money is not an issue since I shelled out $100+ to those clowns.

Thanks!
    I have a contact number for Vaja in Argentina. I am actually a pocket pc user and only joined this forum so I could let anyone here know how to deal with Vaja directly since I had problems with a response via e-mail. Anyway in my case they said that their e-mails were not getting through-though the order confirmation and registration e-mails worked fine-maybe because they were auto generated,who knows?

But Cecilia in customer service told me my order had been shipped the day before-the day after I had originally made the order. I checked the tracking number and it all matched and I will be receiving my order on Monday next week.

So for all of you who need a personal response here is the number in Argentina(I got it from one of the Vaja Resellers in New York). Cecilia was very helpful and her English was excellent-just speak clearly and tell her the order number and she'll understand:

011 54 11 45 46 22 76 There are no other numbers to add before,just dial this number in its entirety. E-mail me please if this has been of help -and you can post this message anywhere else of course where you think this may be useful.

Cheers
    I agree with BrianP above:

I used a PielFrama case for roughly 30 days, and was not satisfied with the loose case and misalignment of the holes. It was impossible to use an earphone, the leather hole was so sloppy around the hole, no way to keep it plugged in.

Like Arnold above, being a longstanding Vaja customer in the past (bought Vaja cases for a PLM IIIC, a M510, Tungsten T, then a Tungsten C), and now I ordered the Vaja HA42 for my Sprint Treo 600. It took 3 weeks to arrive. As they said it would. The leather quality is much nicer than the Piel Frama (the vaja case was also 2x the price), and also allows for a padded cover, and my name serialized on the inside top.

Also, the earphone jack stays nicely attached.

In the 5 cases I have ordered over the past 3 years, I have not had a problem with them. I even corresponded several times with Celia over the issue of the lid of the case hitting the spacebar to cancel the incoming call. They worked with me to understand the use of TreoGuard, and I am extremely pleased with the working solution.

Brian B
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12