Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    OK so I haven't use this in awhile but I have to travel next week so I thought i would mess with it a bit today to make sure it still works. Well it's back to the old problem of not getting the email pushed to the phone when I get a new email on my computer. I'm not even getting the alert that I have a new email. Anyone else having these issues?

Thanks.
    and....

when I get new email, it overwrites the existing files. How did this software ever get released?
    hall316 - Out of curiousity did you update to the latest Treo 1.10 ROM (ausuming you have a 600) that was released recently? Also you mentioned alerts for new email... I assume you have this set in the alerts section on the Web interface?

ramurphyjr - What do you mean when you say it overwrites files? Since BC receives / sends email or accesses documents on the desktop I'm can't figure out what an overwrite would mean.
    Someone please answer....

I need an alternative to Sprint's Business Connection (BC) that enables access to my office PC files. I currently use Basejet to access my Lotus Notes mail, however it doesn't provide access to a folder and its associated desktop files as BC does.

I use Mobilefile for my home's PC files, but it I can't use it for my corporate solution.

Can anyone suggest an alternative for PC file access through a corporate network?
    Ndugu
    Possibly Win-Hand. I've been using it for the last week or so and find it to be pretty decent.

http://www.win-hand.com/menu.htm
    Ndugu - Just curious... what is it that you need that BC does not provide that is causing you to look for an alternative?
    MobileGhost et al,

Finally, thank you for replying!

Although my colleagues use BC, they constantly complain about instability issues that I never have, and as has been noted at this site, I've received Lotus Notes messages where the entire message appears on a single line.

I also don't want to pay an additional $5/month when my single payment for Basejet is less (almost 1/2 the costs).

I'll have to check out Win-Hand and again thanks for replying!
    Ndugu
    Does anyone know how to set up BC if you have to put in proxy settings and the like?
    It should automatically sense the proxy setting used in IE.
    Every time I try to get it to connect it asks me for the domain, username and password. I am not sure what those are. I have a lot of user names and passwords for this computer. Is there a way to look it up?
    That is for your proxy. Contact your computer person to get it.