1.    #1  
    This may be old news...

SMS on my Sprint T600 here in Canton, Ohio works fine and I haven't done the update yet.

Therefore, my question is: Should I go ahead and install the update?

What else does the update do besides "fix SMS so that it will work."

Thanks!
    NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    I've noticed that the sms in the SF Bay Area doesn't work even after I ran the update.

I have Treo600sms program running to compensate, but even that is not working either. I'm able to send messages out, but the recipients are not receiving the text messages.

Before I ran the update from Sprint, the SMS was working with the Treo600sms program.

Kinda wish I didn't update my Sprint Treo 600
    Originally posted by GregC
    I've noticed that the sms in the SF Bay Area doesn't work even after I ran the update.

I have Treo600sms program running to compensate, but even that is not working either. I'm able to send messages out, but the recipients are not receiving the text messages.

Before I ran the update from Sprint, the SMS was working with the Treo600sms program.

Kinda wish I didn't update my Sprint Treo 600
    treo600sms is not working because of the network upgrades Sprint is implementing not the update. Contact PDAapps. There are a few threads on this.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Hey leetbeagle, good to hear from someone close to home (Akron). I just did the upgrade, haven't notices any other differences, but did have a moment where it appeared to delete all data on both treo and the desktop after it unexpectedly hard reset, so be careful and backup (I used BackupMan, thank god). I'm also wondering if you or anyone else also rec'd a text msg:

"Sprint Alert:Required Treo600 Fix: Please download to your PC the resolution to a known issue from www.sprintpcs.com/treo."

This was after the update, so I'm not sure what it's referring to. Anyone else get this?
    Originally posted by horbes
    I'm also wondering if you or anyone else also rec'd a text msg:

"Sprint Alert:Required Treo600 Fix: Please download to your PC the resolution to a known issue from www.sprintpcs.com/treo."

This was after the update, so I'm not sure what it's referring to. Anyone else get this?
    Most treocentral members new about the update a few days before receiving that text message from sprint which it refers to.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #6  
    I received the text message from Sprint a day or two ago and I have not installed the update. Of course, SMS sending/receiving works fine w/o it for me.

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    I can send SMS but I cannot recieve any after the update. Go figure. I am having my treo replaced for a unrelated issue, so we will see when the new one comes. Side note, I was born and raised in Cincinnati, with close family in Akron!!!!

EDIT: When I returned it, the CSR claims a email was sent out notifying them of the delay of SMS until March.... I am not sure how reliable her intel is I am just spreading the word
    Last edited by jfmcdowell357; 01/31/2004 at 09:29 AM.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Thanks everyone for the incite!!!