1.    #1  
    Hello,
    Ever since I got my Treo 600, it has not been able to turn itself off when it is charging. Even though, I have the setting "turn off after 1 minute", it stays on all night when I have it plugged in and charging! It will NOT turn off when it's plugged in. I don't know if some setting transfered over from my Sony Clie when I first did a sync to tranfer the data over from my Clie to the Treo.

Is there a way to fix this? If not will this hurt the Treo if the screen stays on overnight when charging?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    A couple of other people who restored from another device's backup directory have reported this problem. I think they ended up doing a hard reset to fix it. But do a few searches here and you should be able to find the thread.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    If I do a hard reset. all of my preferences and settings will be erased, I amlooking for another way around this if possible.

Jeff
    Originally posted by jeffkerry
    If I do a hard reset. all of my preferences and settings will be erased, I amlooking for another way around this if possible.

Jeff
    Most everything is mainted if you hot-sync after a hard reset. I've always found that most everything is restored.

If you use something like Back Up Buddy you'll be even more sure that everything gets restored.
  5.    #5  
    I tried the hard reset and I lost all of my todo's, then hot synced them back but the problem wasnt solved. When backup buddy asks if I want to overwrite files, do you answer yes or no.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for your replies. After the hard reset I restore the programs and data from BackUp Buddy. It asks if I wants to overwrite the files on some programs, also if I want to overwrite, saved preferences and unsaved preferences, I am not sure what to check, (no, yes, or yes to all)

I tried this several times it seemed to work once then I hot synced with handheld overwrites desktop for all the conduits, which seemed to keep the settings. Then I did another hot sync with the default settings and the problem started again.

Any help would be appreciated ,

Jeff