1.    #1  
    what I really dislike about it is its so inconsistant. and when u log in it displays in clear text (any one standing next can see your password in clear text.

I am currently testing apps like teallock ( which seems to do what I wanna do.) If I decide to get this app should I delete the default app from the treo? it seems to overide the 3rd party apps.
  2. sio
    Teallock serves the same purpose as the built-in Security application. You don't have to delete the built-in application. Just don't use it!

The only problem with teallock is that it seems quite inconsistent in terms of running. Sometimes, it doesn't come on when it should.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by sio
    Teallock serves the same purpose as the built-in Security application. You don't have to delete the built-in application. Just don't use it!

The only problem with teallock is that it seems quite inconsistent in terms of running. Sometimes, it doesn't come on when it should.
    what other program would u reccommend that will do the same thing. what is the best? as for what u said, when I use teallock and I let the system lock out after a certain time, I still get the default security which makes me put in the password in clear text
  4. sio
    Using a registered version of TealLock (old version 1.72), I am able to use it rather than the built-in Security application. There is a toggle box under 'Settings' called Mask Passwords and that effectively solves the problem you have.

I use both the built-in Security app and TealLock and have the phone lock at 2 different times of the day.