1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, I am new here and i've had my treo 600 for almost a month now. I have at&t service and for awhile now people have been telling me that when they speak to me they hear this annoying buzzing sound, but I cant hear it on my side. Does anyone else experience this or know how I can get rid of the buzzing? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I'd say if that happens when you have a full signal then you have a bad unit.

Joe
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by quake97
    I'd say if that happens when you have a full signal then you have a bad unit.

Joe
    I know it was happening all day yesterday. Im charging the phone now to see if it was due to a low battery level. I hope it doesnt happen again because that sound is annoying to other people who call me.
    Originally posted by triton3k

I know it was happening all day yesterday. Im charging the phone now to see if it was due to a low battery level. I hope it doesnt happen again because that sound is annoying to other people who call me.
    this happened to a coworker a few weeks ago and he got his phone exchanged. And today it started happening on mine as well!
    I can not hear it, but the other side does hear it. Weird thing, when I have the AC charger connected, it's gone...
    I called into HS tech support, and they asked me to do a battery reset and fully re-charge the battery. After that it still was happening so I got my RMA and a new phone on the way......

This seems to be a problem with battery or the battery circuitry.

[edit] this buzzing noise happened independently of the battery charge level[/edit]
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    The same thing happened to me this week. After speaking with Cingular (thought it was their network) I called Handspring. I described the problem and the CSR immediately offered to ship a replacement. He didn't even ask me to reset the phone. In less than 2 minutes, I was off the phone and a replacement was in process. It helped that I called him from my Treo and he could hear the noise.