Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I don't recall noticing hs mail turning the screen on while checking for new mail during scheduled intervals. I know snapper does, though. Is there any way to prevent this? It just seems to me to be a waste of battery since all I need is a noise to tell me I have something new and then I'll power it up...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    snapper has no future plans at the moment to fix the screen turning on during a check email... i sure wish they would address that issue...
    If you used HS's beta version that was released a couple of months back, it should have setting that allow how you want to be alerted. I have the HS's mail client to get all my Yahoo email every 4 hours. After which it alerts me with the sound that I want and also turns on the screen. Cool. And one extra thing that I like is that my yahoo email is not erased off the server. So I can access my yahoo email account on a PC and view the very same messages as if I viewed them for the very first time. Very Cool!!!!

IGO
    (SMS Delay Recipient)
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    And one extra thing that I like is that my yahoo email is not erased off the server. So I can access my yahoo email account on a PC and view the very same messages as if I viewed them for the very first time.
    Cool! So after deleting 50 Spam messages on your Treo you can login to Yahoo! and leisurely delete the same messages. Somehow, I don't perceive that as a benefit - I see it as what it is, a shortcoming of the POP protocol. What would be far better is an IMAP implementation - delete the SPAM on either machine, and what what you want / you're interested in stays current in each machine's inbin.

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc

Cool! So after deleting 50 Spam messages on your Treo you can login to Yahoo! and leisurely delete the same messages. Somehow, I don't perceive that as a benefit - I see it as what it is, a shortcoming of the POP protocol. What would be far better is an IMAP implementation - delete the SPAM on either machine, and what what you want / you're interested in stays current in each machine's inbin.

Dunc

SPAM blocker on yahoo account......no span on the treo either..

IGO
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    i think you are missing my point. snapper turns the screen on while it checks for email in the background. that seems kind of silly to me. They should leave the screen off...
    Point understood...

HS email client give you the choice of how you want to be alerted or not..

IGO