1.    #1  
    Thanks a lot for the help on the splashscreen for the wireless mode...I like it a lot better than the old Sprint one

How about the screen it shows when you reset the device...anything for that??
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Of course you can. take a look at myWorkbench file manager. it supports startup/shutdown picture and sound. You can display and jpg picture on startup/shutdown along with any uncompressed wave file. new version should be out soon.

the startup is just one of many features in myWb.

check it out www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    well yeah thats good if you want it to show a picture when you shut it off and turn it on, don't get me wrong it's a great program, nice concept, but not quite what I'm looking for...I want to change the "palm-powered" screen

oh, i see. then you will have to replace the rom app
  5.    #5  
    i know, which is why I'm asking people, no need to roll eyes, just a query as to how to go about doing such a thing with out corrupting the rest of it.

6.    #6  
    bump

anyone?

Last time I checked (on OS4 devices), the boot screen was just a bitmap in ROM, so you'd have to change that...

The good thing is that the ROM of the Treo (after the initial decompression anyway) is actually in RAM, so maybe it could be hacked to change the palmpowered screen... But it would be tricky at best.

On the other hand, maybe the logo is in a standard palmos resource, and it could then be possible to add an overlay with a new resource. The problem is, I don't think that the overlay manager is running during the boot when the palmpowered screen is displayed, which would ruin that scheme.

Will try to have a look at this when I have time, but don't expect much, and don't expect it anytime soon, it's not at the top of my todo list (still busy with the goat... )