1.    #1  
    It's pretty easy to get to any of the Palm apps while on a call. Just press the Hotkey button or hit the Home button and navigate to your app. The Contacts app is a whole 'nother animal.

There's no icon in the list of Palm applications. You have to be in phone mode and use the bottom navigation key shortcut to get Contacts. I have found you can hit the Menu key and get to Contacts by choosing Views -> Contacts.

What I'd like to do is be on a call and pull up my Contacts app. Would love to just hit a Hotkey if that's possible.
    well when I'm on a call, and need to grab a number or other contact info, I hit the phone button, as you said below, and then just type that person's name (I usually go with first initial, last name - no more than a few letters of all of it), and that person's info is there.

You said:
    What I'd like to do is be on a call and pull up my Contacts app. Would love to just hit a Hotkey if that's possible.

So I think I'm accomplishing what you're wanting - what more are you trying to get out of the Contacts app, that just entering a few letters can't get you? Maybe you want to see the entire list of names, or something, and then select one? Clue me in...I'm curious...seems like my method (or even what you're currently doing, for that matter) should work fine.
    I used to have a app button for the contacts. So after hitting the home button, I would have contacts shown with all my other apps. It would access the native contacts application.
    Don't quote me on this, but I think it was called treocontacts.prc Fpr the life of me I can't remember where I got it from, and it is noonger on my phone.
    well nrosser, you are correct, but one feature that doesn't work for me, even if I can lookup a phone number while on a call, is dial that number (not entering the digits manually I mean). If you select a number from your Contact list while on a call, it will ask you to make a new call.
    In my case I use a calling card platform to make International Long distance calls (who uses the expensive plan from your wireless provider anyway ) and thus, I need to call up my calling card service provider and then enter the destination number.... well neither selecting it from my contact list nor pasting the number on the phone app will accomplish this........ on my former Nokia, there was an option to configure calling card calling..

And putting them in my favorites with extra digits dialing is not viable either....

Anyone ideas on this?

Thanks
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    Originally posted by MrByte
    And putting them in my favorites with extra digits dialing is not viable either....

Anyone ideas on this?

Thanks
    How is the extra digits dialing with pauses not viable for using a calling card? I assume this would solve your issue.
    Originally posted by TR30

How is the extra digits dialing with pauses not viable for using a calling card? I assume this would solve your issue.
    .... well can you imagine creating 50+ favorites?
    for each one I would have to program number to the calling card platform and the destination number...

It is just not the best way. It would be great if I could just go the contacts and select the number I wish to dial "over" the existing call and not start a new call
    .MrByte

-----
    When in a call and you want a no, just hit the phone button and push the navigation button down towards Contacts and look for what you like. It's pretty simple no? Have I missed something here?
    Originally posted by MrByte

.... well can you imagine creating 50+ favorites?
    for each one I would have to program number to the calling card platform and the destination number...
    Oooh, I didn't know you make that much international calls. That would be a lot of hard work.

Have you tried TAKEphONE? I haven't tried it myself, but it seems to have a lot of useful phone features. Maybe it'll have the feature you need?
    The latest BETA of TAKEphONE is great and can handle Credit cards, pauses, Ect. check out the latest at www.shsh.com/beta
    Originally posted by the phoenix
    When in a call and you want a no, just hit the phone button and push the navigation button down towards Contacts and look for what you like. It's pretty simple no? Have I missed something here?
    ... the key is not look at, but USE it..
    .MrByte

-----
    Originally posted by Mahootzki
    The latest BETA of TAKEphONE is great and can handle Credit cards, pauses, Ect. check out the latest at www.shsh.com/beta
    Thanks, will look at it and see if it does what I need.
    .MrByte

-----
    .... well tried out TAKEphONE. Nice app, but it is way to overcomplicated for the task I want to do.
    The application is very complete and has way toooo many options. I wish, the calling card feature alone was somehow available.

Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks,
    .MrByte

-----