1.    #1  
    Did anyone get the following text message:

"Sprint Alert: Required Treo600 Fix:
    Please download to your PC the resolution to a known issue from www.sprintpcs.com/treo600"

Whats this all about?
    Yeah. I got it and probably everyone else. They're just telling you to apply the upgrade for the T600. If you've done it, no worries. If not they link to it on their page now.

Bob Duckworth
    I never got that message but I upgraded anyway.
    updated two days ago. got the sprint test message today.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Originally posted by Dio72
    Did anyone get the following text message:

"Sprint Alert: Required Treo600 Fix:
    Please download to your PC the resolution to a known issue from www.sprintpcs.com/treo600"

Whats this all about?
    Got that message about an hour ago but I did the upgrade yesterday morning.

Some people are skeptical to do the upgrade because they say their Treo isn't experiencing any of the problems that the implementation of the new SMS has caused, but a conversation with Sprint webhelp revealed that unless the Treo is updated YOU WILL develop problems that affect almost every nuance of the phone.

Long story short, do the upgrade. It's quick and painless and assures that your Treo will live a long happy life.

K
    Originally posted by nchargreed

Long story short, do the upgrade. It's quick and painless and assures that your Treo will live a long happy life.

K
    Unless it busts your Klondike.
  7.    #7  
    I am definitley doing that upgrade because I have been having soooo many problems with my treo lately. I feel like I just dont know anything about what goes on, how did everyone find out about this before sprint sent out the message?
    Originally posted by Dio72
    I am definitley doing that upgrade because I have been having soooo many problems with my treo lately. I feel like I just dont know anything about what goes on, how did everyone find out about this before sprint sent out the message?
    This board ROCKS!!!!

Most info is found here long before we get the official word from anybody. Here is the thread I've been following. Don't let the horror stories of lost data and multi hard crashes put you off Really, tho, I had absolutely NOT ONE single problem installing the update to my Treo.

K