1.    #1  
    I have been considering buying the Treo 600 from Sprint. I see quite a few people on this site having problems with Sprint. I am with AT&T now. Who in your opinion has the best service for the Treo 600? I am in the Dallas Fort Worth area, by the way.
    Last edited by Tremelle; 01/29/2004 at 02:02 PM.
    Hmm, at the current moment I would say wait for Tmobile. They have great data plans and are GSM. I believe you missed out on the ATT and Cingular upgrade plans. Sprint still has it going though, but I don't like Sprint... no particular reason
    I have Sprint and I would recommend them over the others for two reasons: 1) Faster data speeds 2) Cheaper data rates ($15/unlimited vs. $70 and upwards/unlimited for GSM).

The third reason I would give, 3) Better Coverage, is conditional on the area in which you live, but around here coverage is superb, as good as or better than any GSM provider.

So I say go with Sprint.
    The problem with Sprint is that there network is US only (and Iraq and a few others) you cannot use their phone worldwide, as you can with a GSM Treo. However the Sprint data transfer rates ARE higher.
    Hey! Not to mention the GSM versions are chrome Sleeeeeeeeeeek.... shiney, mmmmmmmmmmmm...
    :Watch the Sky:
    www.godmode.com
    It's true the other services are worldwide but if you're like me and only travel in the US, I highly recommend Sprint. Fast data speeds, great plans, better coverage ( i live in Memphis, Tn and it's very good). The only thing they suck at is customer service, and they suck BAD!!! Just don't put yourself in a position to where you have to call them all of the time and you'll be ok. Sprint is the way to go.
  7.    #7  
    Yes, I would be using it basically in the US. I do go to the TX. Mexico border to work. Sprint does have service down there. This phone does concern me as far as roaming service off of the Sprint network. They say it will operate basically anywhere in the US on other provider networks without the PCS service features. I am just concerned that I am able to make a phone call in a remote area where cell service is available. Does anyone have any input on cellular service problems when roamning?
    Originally posted by Tremelle
    I have been considering buying the Treo 600 from Sprint. I see quite a few people on this site having problems with Sprint. I am with AT&T now. Who in your opinion has the best service for the Treo 600? I am in the Dallas Fort Worth area, by the way.
    Well first off, get rid of ATT!! They have by far some of the worst data plans imaginable in the industry equaled only in their crappiness by Verizon's plans. UGH! Thus for me, the best rate plans coe first which means either Sprint or Tmo. The prior has great unlimted data/voice rates with faster transfer rates while Tmo has slightly higher plans but has no restrictions as far using your phone as a modem etc. Also Tmo has the advantage of being a GSM provider and thus capable of being used in many more countries overseas. Cingular plans also are not very good, but they probably have good coverage depending on where you live.

My personal experience with Sprint has been hit or miss. I recently had a pretty bad experience with CS as I renewed my contract with a new "retention plan" I was offered. I had to deal with alot of misinformation and reps who didn't know WTF they were talking about, but in the end got a deal that was absolutely unbeatable so I'm satisfied...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions