1.    #1  
    I called *2 to talk to a Sprint CSR, and got a message to hold on for an update. I assumed it was an update of the Sprint towers information that was a recent thread on this forum, so I immediately told my son, who has my old t300, to call *2 so he could get the update. He got no such prompt for an update.

Any clues as to what type of update this could have been?
    John 3:16
    Its a PRL update. Search the forum and you will find a reference to it.
  3.    #3  
    I know about that update, it's the one I referenced in my post about the Sprint Towers. But I thought if that were the case, it would have prompted my son's t300 to receive the same update? Isn't this a Sprint-wide update? My son never calls *2, so I know he couldn't have gotten it earlier, so I'm wondering why he wasn't prompted.
    John 3:16
    Your account has to be flagged for the update - his account wasn't flagged, so *2 didn't give him the prompt.
    If you want to update your son's T300, just call CS and tell them to flag the treo for a PRL update and then the next time you dial *2 it will automatically download...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions