1.    #1  
    Calling all Treo Programmers..

I've struggled with a number of treo-specific problems and some non-treo specific problems in my short programming career. I'd love to start a small mailing list where treo programmers could discuss problems and share their knowledge.

I'm sure a number of us have seperately had to figure out how to get round the keyguard, how to register for phone events, etc. I know the handspring forum is supposed to do this - but to be honest it seems pretty much dead. Perhaps a smaller group would be more engaged and could usefully share knowledge and code?

I'm thinking of a yahoo group - Ideally with a fairly small but active membership.

Who would be interested? Pm me if you are.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I just set up a forum... we could try that.

http://www.treosoftware.com/forum/
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Hi Metsfan,

great that you've got a forum up. I have an idea though that a mailing list might work better - just because it doesn't require people to log in to keep track of what's happening.

Less active folks can get a daily summary e-mail without having to check another website.

What do you think.
    Hobbyist Software
  4.    #4  
    anyway - here's the mailing list

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treoprogrammers/

let's see what works,
    Hobbyist Software
    How about setting one up here at TreoCentral?

Everybody already comes here, and there is a large base of willing pre-Alpha testers

Maybe if there's enough interest, Marcus might consider it.
    I have the world in my Palm
    I like the idea of housing a forum here. I don't like receiving emails from a mailing list (digest or otherwise) and I don't need yet another site to visit.

There's probably as good a shot of getting other developers to come here as to some new yahoo group.
    You all do know that Handspring/PalmOne already has a webforum setup for Treo developers that's quite active, right? The URL is

http://209.246.61.199/pe/index.jsp

and some HS/PO people do occasionally answer questions there.
    Why isn't that list archived on eScribe??? I hit eScribe pretty often (where I've seen you post many times) and it seems silly that everything wouldn't be archived in the same place.
    The escribe archives are setup for lists run by PalmSource. The forum I mentioned is run by PalmOne (Handspring), so it doesn't use the same backend or have the same admins.
    We used to havea developer forum here, but nobody used it. Should we bring it back?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Originally posted by miradu
    We used to havea developer forum here, but nobody used it. Should we bring it back?
    I would be interested in that.