1.    #1  
    I'm using the Ptunes 2.2 (deluxe trial version) and can't seem to get Shoutcast working. I'm using my new Treo 600 w/ Sprint PCS Vision (Unlimited). Everytime I attempt to connect to a station I get an error message saying "can't connect - retyring in 10 sec" (or something like that). The station information is being correctly imported, just no luck streaming. I'm not trying to download streams at high bandwidth rates, I've attempted very low bandwidth connections.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a way to fix this problem?
    If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

I have received that error only when 1) Vision is down or 2) I go into roaming mode. Make sure that you are not roaming. You will not be able to get data services while roaming.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    yes, try another station in the time being, some stations don't always work I have found. They can be speratic.
    perhaps try some of the Treo Friendly sites that are linked ont he right side of the Pocket Tunes home page
  5.    #5  
    Just a follow-up in case someone else has problems with Shoutcast and PT similar to mine.

I'm not sure exactly what cured the problem, however, one of, or the combination of, two things did the trick...

1) 1.10 Update
    2) Re-installation w/o hotsynch (directly from web)

Now I'm streaming music and it is freakin' GREAT. I'm going to get an FM transmitter for my car this afternoon. Any suggestions?

I'm finding less and less reason to buy that Ipod I have had my eye on this month (there are still more than a few good reasons for a gadget freak like me <hehe>).

Sure wish Apple would come up with a convergence device phone. Pssst, hey Steve.......
    If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

You will also get that error, if the station has reached its max listeners. Check the shoutcast listings at Treobits (link in my sig). It pulls the information real-time so you will know whether the station has maxed out its listeners or not.
    Also if you bookmarked some of the stations to your pocket-tune in the beginning of the month, they might disappear in the later part of the month. My guess is that they are hosted on home computers with some kind of personally cable or dsl connection with a maximum bandwidth per month. So half way into the month they would run out of bandwidth and have to shut it down until next month.

The problem is the many of the slower stations running at 24 or 33k are of this type. The 128k ones are usually always on, but Sprint connection is too slow to stream those. I wish the fast stations would offer a slower version for mobile users.
    Originally posted by Need
    The problem is the many of the slower stations running at 24 or 33k are of this type. The 128k ones are usually always on, but Sprint connection is too slow to stream those. I wish the fast stations would offer a slower version for mobile users.
    I would recommend contacting the ones you like to see if they would be interested in providing lower bitrate streams. The worst they can do is say no or not respond.
    Originally posted by kaffeen
    Now I'm streaming music and it is freakin' GREAT. I'm going to get an FM transmitter for my car this afternoon. Any suggestions?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ansmitter.html

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    shoutcast and p-tunes make quite a combo. I'm looking forward to the realplayer mobile edition for treo 600, but I continue to enjoy shoutcast a lot.... it's still amazing to me that something so small does so much so well.