Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

There is a very bad thing on the treo.

When you turn on your treo (with keyguard enabled), you cannot see the current time...

If the device starts on the phone app, the keyguard message hide the time and date.
    If the device starts on the default app launcher, the time is not correct!!! This is the time when the device was entered in sleep mode...

You cannot use your treo $600 as a simple watch just by pressing one key, (all the phones have this function...)

So I wrote (for my girlfriend !!!) an app to do this.

This is a beta (freeware) version.
    Possible bugs... email me your opinion.
    So use it at your own risk...

Release History :

4.02 beta 3 :

- fix minor bug that replaces the font on the dial pad application

4.02 beta 2 :

- fix auto register after soft reset when "synch with keyguard" was actived

4.02 beta 1 :

- add display option "Sound mode" (state of ring switch)
    - add option "Battery level" (% and Voltage)
    - add "mode Synchro with keyguard"

4.01 beta 1 [new application] :

- don't disable orginal Keyguard
    - fix keyboard lock after receive sms, mails...
    - fix incompatibility with Profile Manager and other softs

3.04 :

- fix soft reset ... when KGT enable

- auto register software after soft reset. (hi rosenft !)
    - fix bug when security is actived (hi tobtan !)

3.01 beta 2

- replaces original keyguard
    - allows hotsynchro when keyguard is actived.
    - doesn't disturb phone calls and alarms.
    - shows clocks with transparency.
    - analog clock
    - and more...

3.01 beta 1

- first version

Please remove previous version of Keyguard Time before installing a new one.

To be continued...
    Last edited by DavSnook; 02/15/2004 at 07:32 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Here is the latest version of Keyguard Time :

(pour la version franšaise, voir plus loin...)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DavSnook; 02/15/2004 at 07:34 PM.
    Originally posted by DavSnook
    So I wrote an app to do this.

This is a beta (freeware) version.
    Possible bugs... email me your opinion.
    So use it at your own risk...
    And where can we download this program? Seems a very good idea to me, I'd be happy to help beta-testing it!

When you turn on your treo (with keyguard enabled), you cannot see the current time...
    If you have "Show button settings" enabled the time is in the top left making it easily visible even with the keyguard on.

I have a watch so this is not a big deal to me but I could see how it might bother some people.
    On my GSM Treo, I can see the date/time just fine with one hard button press. The keyguard popup does not hide anything. What's different in yours?
    Treo 600 GSM
    Get ClockPop5. Set it to your power button and with two simple presses you'll see the updated correct time and date, and when you let go of the button your power goes off with keyguard still in place. Do a search for the url on here.

As for displaying the time behind keyguard...it doesn't usually udate from the last time you checked the time. That's why Clockpop5 - and it's free.
    Ditto. When I press the keyguard button, the banner comes across the bottom of the screen, date and time are unaffected at the top. (CDMA Treo600).
    Or get BigClock and assign it to one of your hard buttons. Lot's of options out there.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Originally posted by zgraff
    On my GSM Treo, I can see the date/time just fine with one hard button press. The keyguard popup does not hide anything. What's different in yours?
    If you disable "Show Button Settings", then the time shows up at the bottom, just where the message "Press center to unlock" is.

I downloaded KeyG Time and now the time shows up at the top. The blank square at the top left corner is kind of bothersome though. This is a beta, will the official release fix this issue?
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    ...snip...If the device starts on the phone app, the keyguard message hide the time and date.
    If the device starts on the default app launcher, the time is not correct!!! This is the time when the device was entered in sleep mode...

You cannot use your treo $600 as a simple watch just by pressing one key, (all the phones have this function...)
    ...snip...
    Not a problem for me...

1. I have "Show button settings" enabled, so my time/date displays at the top of the phone app (not the bottom).

2. I user LauncherX (which DOES display the correct time while the Keyguard banner is up...at least for me it does.).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    <deleted>
    Originally posted by surge919
    <deleted>
    From the Phone application:

Menu-->Options-->Display Preferences-->

Enable "Show button settings"

This will put the time in the upper left-hand corner of the phone dial pad and the date in the upper right-hand corner.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    that was quick.. i was thinking of something else and deleted the message about 30 seconds after posting it.
    Originally posted by Indicator
    Ditto. When I press the keyguard button, the banner comes across the bottom of the screen, date and time are unaffected at the top. (CDMA Treo600).
    Smae here! But thanks for the app none-the-less Davnook!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by Alli
    Get ClockPop5. Set it to your power button and with two simple presses you'll see the updated correct time and date, and when you let go of the button your power goes off with keyguard still in place.
    I have clockpop5. Maybe I'm dense, but there's no way to map it to the power button. Also, it actually says that even if the handheld is sleeping, you can press and hold the mapped button and activate it. I can't even do that. The treo has to be awake before I can activate clockpop5. Can you enlighten me?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    You know another thing that bothers me is when I'm on the phone and someone asks me what time it is I have to switch from active call mode to dial pad to see the clock.

It would be really nice if someone could come up with an app to display the clock when you're in an active call session.

What do you guys think?

D
    Originally posted by ChemEngr

I have clockpop5. Maybe I'm dense, but there's no way to map it to the power button.
    Easy, make the trigger Button Memo.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Originally posted by ChasT

Easy, make the trigger Button Memo.

Chas
    I know you can map it to the four hardkeys, but not the power button.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Sorry my mistake, I always call the 4th button the power button.

This is the one I use to turn on/off.

It's actually quite good with CP5, as you press once to wake up the palm, even with KeyGuard. Then you press & hold to see the time and what ever you have set PC5 to display. Once you release KG then turns it off.

But if you really want to use the Power Button on top, then I don't know how to do it

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Originally posted by ChasT
    Sorry my mistake, I always call the 4th button the power button.

This is the one I use to turn on/off.

It's actually quite good with CP5, as you press once to wake up the palm, even with KeyGuard. Then you press & hold to see the time and what ever you have set PC5 to display. Once you release KG then turns it off.

But if you really want to use the Power Button on top, then I don't know how to do it

Chas
    I have CP5 mapped to the 2nd hardkey. It would be nice if it did what you said with KG on, but it doesn't for me. Weird.

What version do you have? I have 5.0b1
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast