Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mine is working like a charm, and now that I am using my new covertec leather case it as been an eye catcher
    Yeah I've had the Covertec case for a few days, it is *great*!
    Very sharp looking, very functional and compact. No problems to report; such as the phone turning on, etc. It fits the T6 "like a glove" and is stylish.

Now I have a working phone too, after switching from a Sprint T6 to a T-Mobile T6. It sounds like a "normal" cell phone. Go figure!!
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    Originally posted by page3

This exact fault just happened on my Orange GSM model. All it did was make me realise just how great (and indispensable) the Treo is- surviving 24 hrs waiting for my replacement was terrible
    Me and my big fat mouth My replacement Treo (see above) has just developed the same speaker fault and Orange are dragging their heals authorising a replacement or giving me any timeframe as to when they will.
    Well... I'm on my 3rd T600. I had my first one for about a month before the speaker died, had the 2nd for abt a month and the same thing happened.

I love the device and found out how valuable it was when it took almost a week to get the 2nd replacement. I hope they get this worked out.
    I have a Sprint T600 ... actually my 3rd one.

The first one went for a swim in a sudsy beverage during SB38 ... halftime I think

Second one had the dreaded Error 3000 problem.

On my 3rd (brand new, got it last week and it has Flip on it ... wooo hooo!) Man, do I need a life.

Anyway, have never had an audio problem on any of the phones ... both incoming or outgoing. More often than not I get the ol' "I can't believe you're on a cell phone" comment. And usually on the speaker. Everything works great!

So, I guess its the old YMMV
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Look, i've got no dog in this fight.

I think my Treo 600 is the best thing since sliced bread.

But I will tell you one thing. If I buy a new unit, and it goes bad ... and they replace it with a "Refubished" unit ... I would be more angry than a Frenchman in a deodorant shop.

When you buy new, you get new. This practice of sending you used deviced to replace the new ones you shelled out for stinks like a Frenchman's underarms after stomping grapes to make medicore wine all day.

I'm glad that I didn't have his experience, but if he had that many fedective units, he does have a legit beef.

And if you buy a new unit that goes bad, you are entitled to a NEW UNIT! "Refurbished" means "broken". Let's cut the crap.

When people buy a new item, give 'em a new item that works, or keep giving them new items that DO work. They paid for a new item.

P.S. I like cheese too.

But I will tell you one thing. If I buy a new unit, and it goes bad ... and they replace it with a "Refubished" unit ... I would be more angry than a Frenchman in a deodorant shop.

When you buy new, you get new. This practice of sending you used deviced to replace the new ones you shelled out for stinks like a Frenchman's underarms after stomping grapes to make medicore wine all day.

I'm glad that I didn't have his experience, but if he had that many defective units, he does have a legit beef.

And if you buy a new unit that goes bad, you are entitled to a NEW UNIT! "Refurbished" means "broken". Let's cut the crap.

When people buy a new item, give 'em a new item that works, or keep giving them new items until they get one that DOES work. They paid for a new item.

P.S. I like cheese too.

I'm glad that I didn't have his experience, but if he had that many defective units, he does have a legit beef.

When people buy a new item, give 'em a new item that works, or keep giving them new items until they get one that DOES work. They paid for a new item.

P.S. I like cheese too.
    I am on my second T600 due to a white area (a bit smaller than a dime) on the screen. I am happy with the replacement unit and the speed in which I received it. I guess I would be upset if I found out my replacement was refurbished as buying new means NEW, but it has worked flawlessy for a month so far. My only gripe is that everyone I talk to on the speaker phone tells me to turn it off due to an echo
    I don't know why my most showed up 4 times, but I assure you that I was not that proud of it.
    Once I used the T-Mobile cell phone a bit, I started getting complaints about the voice quality when I was using the headset, and on the speakerphone. I tried 4 different headsets; only the one supplied with the T6 didn't have an annoying "RF buzz" pickup problem. But with the standard, in-line headset everyone said I sounded muffled. Using the speakerphone the sound was worse. As a handset, no problem! (unlike my previous, Sprint Treo). I know there are some Treo's out there without telephone/voice quality problem but I finally decided I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get one. So I've returned my T-Mobile Treo (on the 14th day of their 14-day return policy) and now have an excellent-quality Nokia bluetooth cell phone, and an H4355 Pocket PC. Yeah, I ratted out to the PPC camp!! Here's a photo, hi-res screen *and* a keyboard!!

http://bellspage.textamerica.com/?r=407899

I will come back and try a Treo in 6 months.... maybe by then they will rev the phone hardware. Or maybe I'll go with the phone version of the PPC I'm using, which is rumored out in June, from T-Mobile (I won't hold my breath for that one
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    You all really shouldn't be so down on refurbs. They're frequently better than new.

Most manufacturers these days use statistical quality control. Simplified, that means a sample of completed products are pulled from stock and tested.

But refurbs are almost always 100% tested. Any cosmetic issues are fixed (new cases, screens, etc.), the known problem corrected, and then the entire unit tested to ensure it's up to specs.

Buying a refurb generally gets you a product that you can be sure is good. Buying new may not. As long as I get the same warranty from the refurb, it doesn't bother me at all.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Yeah, but it could have someone else's ear cooties on it, and what if they had a spitting problem that's now lodged in your keyboard.

Call me crazy, but there is nothing like that new phone smell.

And I think sometimes ... no ,make that MANY times, they simply repackage phones with small problems (1 burned pixel, etc) - that they hope a less discriminating soccermom wouldn't notice or care about. Without fixing anything.

Sometimes certain defects still fall within "industry spec", and they simply pawn these devices off until someone with low enough standards accepts them.

A good example of this is Laptop LCD's. You really think if you return that unit with 4 burned out pixels within the 14 day return period, they throw the screen away? Naw, they just put it back on the shelf and hope the next sucker who purchases it falls for the "it's within the industry standard" line. If not, they put it back on the shelf. Eventually some pigeon will accept the arguement. They don't fix anything.

If I buy new, I still want new. They should send you a new one until you get a new one that works. If you get more than two new bad ones in a row ... something is wrong on the assembly line. That should not statistically happen. And three in a rwo? Forget about it.

You pay new, you get new.

If we wanted used pre-tested phones, we could point our browsers at Ebay and get it for $100-$200 off. Why pay retail for used and tested?
    There's a difference between "refurb" and "used." If you don't understand the difference, I don't think I can help you.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    "There's a difference between "refurb" and "used." If you don't understand the difference, I don't think I can help you."

Aren't most refurbished units originally returns from people who weren't happy due to a defect, changed their mind, etc?

If the seal on the box has been broken before i've purchased it, it's "used" AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

You could have at least made an effort to help me by telling me what you think "refurbished" means.

Are you implying that they are units that failed testing on the assmblyline, and were repaired before they ever made it into the channel? If that's the case, wouldn't they be considered "new", since they never made it to the shelved.

Please, by all means, enlighten me. At least try. I'll have a dictionary handy for the big words.
    And now the latest... the Treo 600 is baaccckkk!!!

I've been using the iPaq (H4355 Pocket PC with keyboard, high-res, bluetooth, wi-fi, etc), and it's great for what it is. But after using a Treo 600, having a seperate phone and palmtop is a real pain. Plus, the iPaq PPC is too LARGE to *always* have with me. After a week, I was already feeling the yearning for a Treo again

I decided to take a long-shot based on a hunch. I went to the Sprint store and bought (another) new T6. Based upon my preliminary testing, this is the *first* Treo 600 I've had, which has good outgoing voice quality on handset, headset, and speakerphone. No "muffled" sound, no buzzing, etc. The standard headset produces voice quality you can hardly distinguish from the handset. Ditto for the speakerphone. Go figure!!

The first Sprint Treo I had purchased (early December) was purchased well before the local Sprint stores could get them, from a reseller (Franklin Covey). The Sprint manager said they've been getting a lot of those Treo's (the early lots) back with phone problems. Didn't have to convince me on that one!

My second Treo was a T-Mobile "unofficial" (unlocked) unit. It worked much better in handset mode, but the audio was muffled in headset mode.

This is my third Treo, and the first one with a good quality "phone". Finally!! Hopefully this will be the end of the "ordeal" phase
    steve bell

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234