Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    or to call me a ****** bag!!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Children, children!! Can't we all just get along?

Actually, I have been told by friends, that my phone is extremely clear...in fact, only my friends with Sprint have phones that are quality enough to be able to use them in a loud nightclub and be able to hear the other person and they can hear you, CLEARLY!!

I love this phone...and all of my previous Sprint phones. They are wonderful!
    Bluetooth headset (been wanting one)
    is it posible with t6??
    hey i am sorry this guy a had a bad experience...once or 4 times, whatever. my treo is great. i got no complaints except that i wish i could swap out the battery. i guess he has a right to rant. but no, he can't say it is defective as a whole product category. however, he can talk about his own individual experience. he certainly isn't in the majority though.

i bought my phone right here through treocentral. i wonder how many of the people who have had bad experiences bought their phones directly from sprint? anyway....lot's of good points made here. the resetting could have been due to conflicts between different apps. and yeah...no question, the treo is an advanced phone. heck, it really is a computer. it isn't for novices....at least not novices who aren't curious and patient enough to explore all the options.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Hey, keep this thread on track...It's about cheese...
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I'm still stuck on the smacking around part!

Jeez, might have to update the avatar for this one...
    I'm getting a lot of feedback from other people testing their Treo 600's (recording their outgoing audio to voicemail, etc). What's becoming clear is that this "outgoing audio quality" problem does not effect ALL (100%) of Treo's. In particular, I've yet to hear from a GSM Treo user who has this problem. SOME people own Treo 600's which generate crystal-clear outgoing audio, whether on handset, headset, or speakerphone. Just don't know the %'s. I also know that a LOT of people own T600's with the "muffled outgoing audio" problem; I've heard from a lot of them too.

So I'm developing a theory that this is a 'Sprint Treo' problem (yet to be confirmed). My outgoing audio is so bad, that people always say "can't hear you", etc. Anyway as I get more data, from the other thread, I'll post results here. I did hear from one CDMA Treo user who does not have this problem, but he was on another carrier (not Sprint).

I'm planning on getting ahold of a T-Mobile (GSM) Treo as soon as they become available. That may solve my problem, although I'll have to live with slower data; GPRS runs about 30Kbps, while Sprint CDMA is really snappy - 80 to 100kbps.
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    I'm using Rev. C hardware on Sprint, with the 1.10 firmware. I just did the ``call my office voicemail'' test and, while the audio was slightly more clear in speakerphone mode, both modes sounded just fine to me. I have not received any complaints from the people I've called. When asked, everyone has said the audio sounds fine to them. I did have a problem communicating my burrito order, but I think that was a result of English not being the native tongue of the person taking my order.
    I am a very satisfied Sprint Treo 600 user for 1 1/2 months. None of these issues.

I've had two problems that required contacting tech support (one to reprovision phone for access and one to deal with a problem with cookies). No other issues and I'm quite pleased.

I'm told by callers that reception is fine.
    One thing to note...the only time someone has said anything about my sound being muffled, it's because I am covering the microphone hole either entirely or partially with my hand. Otherwise, clear as a bell!
    yes, good thought. but we've done a lot of acoustic testing to check that out (see the other thread). In a past life, I worked in telephone station set design at Bell Labs, so I'm acutely aware of the mic coupling electro-acoustics, especially with electret microphone devices. There is a "minor" issue there with the T6 (you can get a little problem if you grip the phone too tightly); but the problem I'm having is much more of a "gross" audio quality problem. To the point where the phone is unusable; people can't hear/understand you.

Today I purchased two of the newly-arrived T-Mobile GSM Treo 600's (one for my better half, too. Based upon reports from others on this thread, I think the GSM Treo's work fine... and am going to find out soon. They're moving my #'s over from Sprint... as soon as the new phones 'come alive' (the # comes over), I'll be able to do some test calls.
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I have a Cingular Treo 600 and have had it about 1 month. So far no problem like you describe. The only thing is that my call gets dropped when I shut the door on my truck.........what's up with that?
    Originally posted by jlczl
    what's up with that?
    It's magic. You have a magic cellphone. Or truck.

You could believe that, or you could check these threads out.
    sbell22, some people here have reported poor audio quality with their GSM Treos, though not with the built-in mic/speaker but through the headset... and then there's that annoying speakerphone echo. (I surmise that there's a general echo-cancellation problem that's more apparent with the speakerphone. I swear, I can hear the echo cancellation circuitry when I'm on the built-in mic/speaker going buzz-buzz-buzz.)

Oh, they've been vocal, just like the guy who started this thread, and pretty much everyone reacts the same way. It's...unfortunate. Most people who post are going to be vocal (this ROCKS! or this SUCKS!) so the potential for intelligent discourse is reduced somewhat. *shrug*
    You guys should give the OP a break. It can be VERY frustrating to buy a device like the Treo600 and have to replace it multiple times due to problems that should have been avoided by Sprint/Handspring.

I am now using my 3rd Treo600 (1st one had Vision 3000 problems and the 2nd one had the internal rattle), and when I was fighting through those issues I was pretty ticked off. Now that I have one that works with no annoying problems, I love it. I don't believe all Treo600's are defective, but I do believe that Handspring might have cut corners in QA to get these things out the door as soon as possible. I decided early on that I was going to stick it out and get it replaced until I got one that worked. Now I can't live without it.

That being said, some of the problems that have been mentioned aren't manufacturing problems. The Vision problem is a Sprint issue, and the reset problem is almost always software related.
    Our new pair of T-Mobile GSM Treo 600's came alive this morning - the number portability transfer from Sprint took about 18 hours.

Glad to report, the new Treo sounds great! Like a normal cell phone.

Speakerphone mode, surprisingly, is pretty awful sounding, as reported by others. Ironic, since my Sprint Treo 600 had a great sounding speakerphone (both ways). But i don't use speakerphone mode much, except for listening (checking voicemail, waiting on hold).

I'm a happy camper now! More later after further testing.
    steve bell

I've had my T600 since October 9 and not had to replace it. Given the poll results so far, I suppose I'm fortunate. I can be heard fine in speaker and handset mode.

A lot of folks I know say they get why I "need" one (haha) but they wouldn't need something that does all that it does.

There's a pragmatic thing, which is that it's a wonderful road device for my consulting practice, and it helps avoid the batman syndrome of the garish yellow belt with 12 devices sticking out of it. The fun thing is that it's a GREAT piece of technology, and I enjoy using it.

I very much respect the technology and the folks that had the creativity and savvy to make something better than the last generation of stuff.

I don't expect anything on the bleeding edge to be perfect, but completely get why someone could have that type of expectaitons. If my expectations were that high I would stick with what works, and avoid taking risks on new tech.
    Originally posted by treo6.5
    is it posible with t6??
    With the SprintPCS Sony Ericsson T608 it is. I just ordered one from telesales for $212.49. I agonized over which direction to go, and the decision was NOT based on the title of this thread. I'm sure the T600's are superb smartphones.
    David
    I would be surprised if there are H/W differences with actual speakers between CDMA and GSM models. There is little need to change any of the parts that we hear, see, touch (MMI) between these two as any voice coil/diaphram should be able to cope with the audio bandwidths involved(anyone here who has pulled two apart?).

I have a GSM model and audio quality(speaker) isn't the best I've heard but the radio quality is stable enough. Seems that some of the speaker issues may be attributable to radio chipset differences(CDMA vs GSM) and possible vocoder differences. It would normally be considered that intermittent, complete loss of outgoing speech would relate to either radio chipset/antenna assembly or network.

On the side of speakerphone echo, cathartic, does it have an E.C? just presumed no effort had been made

I have used most GSM handsets and I like the Treo, it is more of a PDA in the S.E P900 ilk than a handset but certainly works better in almost every respect than the S.E(camera excepted), whose handsets, with the possible exclusion of the P900, I dislike intensely.
    I have been using a GSM Treo 600 on T-Mo for the past week and all is well. Sound quality both in and out are extremely clear.

On a side note, one of the main reasons I switched from SPRINT to T-Mo was thier sound quality on the other end. I could hear people fine, but I would always recieve comments that I sounded like I was breaking up, garbled, etc... And that was with both Samsung A500 and Sanyo 5300 units.

This might be a CDMA Treo specific problem, but it also may be a SPRINT network issue, maybe even localized.
    Thanks,

np
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast