Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by rastoma
    hope you don't make all your decisions in life like that, based on 1 person's viewpoint.
    also the 1.1 update thread was a little disconcerting as it didn't go smoothly for everyone. I'm still on the fence. If Circuit City agrees with me that the broken T300 hinge is a manufacturer product defect then I'll be in a better mood.
    David
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Originally posted by clairegrrl

Consider yourself smacked

Claire
    did anyone else get a tingly sensation from this post?
    I KNOW that guys would be JAZZED if I said "I did" - Somehow the girl/girl thing gets you guys....

So I won't be saying that.

She looks cute in her avatar though.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Originally posted by Architect
    Somehow the girl/girl thing gets you guys...
    It gets the girl/girls, too.
    Originally posted by meyerweb

I'm going to regret this, but...

YOU can smack me anytime!
    dam, beat me to it.

welcome aboard claire.

too many women now, we need to clean up guys.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by clairegrrl

Consider yourself smacked

Claire

Thanks Clairegrrl. I needed that. I think what all the pervs in this thread are trying to say is your are quite fetching in that avatar. Nice of you to share that with us.

Welcome to TC. Hopefully we'll see more of you. And I mean more posts people!!

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    wow...you guys are pretty rough (until claire showed up that is...lol). while i think the whole "buyers beware" bit was a little excessive, i think he has just as much of a right to post as the next guy. i for one am interested in knowing who else has had similar problems and what their setups are (ie are they all using the same carrier, do they have special software installed, are they excessive data users, etc).

my girlfriend has had a T180 for 2 years and it has worked flawlessly until last month when the speaker died. she's anxiously awaiting a t-mobile T600 to replace her T180.

i, on the other hand, have had multiple treos in the same 2 year period. my first T180 worked great until t-mobile turned on GPRS. I quickly signed up and used treomail to poll my pop3 every 30 minutes. ever since then, i require a soft reset weekly and every couple of months i would require a hard reset. i have gone through 3 T180's, 4 T270's and one T300. they all worked fine as long as didn't use email.

I'd like to get a T600 and use Goodlink for email (we already use G100s at the office). I dunno if my problems are carrier related, treomail related, NYC related or something different altogether. I like to think that I'm an optimist and a true Handspring fan since I've stuck with them for so long. But I can certainly understand why this other guy is so frustrated if he's already gone through 4 units. I'd cut the guy some slack and encourage people to discuss problems so that maybe we can figure them out together. That's my two cents.
    I agree that people having problems with their Treo600 should post here, so we can all learn from their experiences.

I was very concerned about getting a Sprint Treo600 due to poor Sprint reception on my old Sanyo phone, so I got an AT&T Treo600, and the reception was worse! I returned it and got a SprintT600 and the reception is better than my Sanyo! This is in contrast to the person several posts above who gets better Sprint reception on her Sanyo than her T600. It definitely helps others to hear contrasting opinions and differing experiences.

I have had 5 cell phones, and 5 Palm devices, and this is my first PDA-cell combo, and I can't imagine living without it!
    Originally posted by drw
    Thanks for helping me decide to sit out the T600. My T300 hinge broke and I think I'm gonna get a $79 SE T68i and an HBH-35 bluetooth headset.
    umm... just how are you going to switch from a CDMA Treo 300 On Sprint to a GSM SE T68i? Good luck buddy!

Timmay
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I hate newbies that had a startak or a nokia, and got a Treo 600 and now are complaining that they are flawed, or broken. The Treo is an advanced gadget, and you have to know how to use it correctly. A lot of newbies complain that their Treo keeps reseting.......... Uninstall whatever application you installed!
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    I agree with luna. the first step in trouble shooting these problems should be a hard reset and the see if the trouble is with the device or some goofy app mismatch. No one person has the same device when anyone can load thousands of apps at will. just as in the sprint updater how could a programer know if the updater would crash on a device loaded with hacks.
    If they hard reset and the trouble remains Then and ony then do we have a T6 issue.
    I agree with luna. the first step in trouble shooting these problems should be a hard reset and the see if the trouble is with the device or some goofy app mismatch. No one person has the same device when anyone can load thousands of apps at will. just as in the sprint updater how could a programer know if the updater would crash on a device loaded with hacks.
    If they hard reset and the trouble remains Then and ony then do we have a T6 issue.
    the only speak probem I have had was due to Me dropping the phone how about your use?
    I like cheese.
    Mmm ... 64 slices of American cheese
    http://www.u.arizona.edu/~mbstepp/sounds/m64slice.wav

This KBD dipsh*t who started this thread sent me a private message and called me a ****** bag.

This place is hilarious.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    One has to wonder where the offense is in that. It's a hygene product after all. It's like calling someone "you shampoo!" or worse... "you selsun BLUE shampoo"!

::sigh::

i guess it's more orignal than your standard insults, but hardly damging in the way intended.
    Originally posted by Woof
    This KBD dipsh*t who started this thread sent me a private message and called me a ****** bag.

This place is hilarious.

Woof
    I think you're going to have to fight him. Make sure it's off school grounds or you'll both get suspended.

Originally posted by Robert K.
    I always love these kinds of threads where you're advised to see things a certain way based on the experience of one person.
    Actually I was also drawing on one of your recent coments where you said Blazer wasn't working for you, but other browsers were. Hopefully it was just a temporary thing.
    David
    Originally posted by bigredgpk
    just how are you going to switch from a CDMA Treo 300 On Sprint to a GSM SE T68i? Good luck buddy!
    with number portability, but I'm still swaying on the fence, trying to capture the drama of the moment.

On the one side..

$599 - $75 retention rebate - $20 service credit
    160x160 screen
    flawless integration (one would hope)

on the other side..

Bluetooth headset (been wanting one)
    pda of choice (C or iQue, or Zodiac, etc)
    I've been using smartphones for 2.5 years now and am just debating with myself if I should skip the T600, try things I've been coveting during this time, and return after I've sowed my oats.
    David
    Originally posted by drw
    I've been using smartphones for 2.5 years now and am just debating with myself if I should skip the T600, try things I've been coveting during this time, and return after I've sowed my oats.
    This is probably what I would do if I didn't already have a Treo 600. While it seems like there would be a lot of things that could be better about a two device set up, there is just no way I could give up the features of the 600, despite it's own flaws.

You should give the Bluetooth phone/stand-alone PDA thing a shot, is my opinion. Yeah. So, in the words of bigredgpk, but not the same context: good luck, buddy.
    I have no prob with this dude posting his rant about why he hates his T600, BUT I do have a problem with him saying "Treo 600s are Defective". How could he possibly know that all T600's are defective?? HE DOESN'T. I'm sorry for his bad luck with the T600, but that doesn't give him the right to lie in the forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast