1. gse
    I've tried a few ssh2 apps and they all seem to be kind of sucky. I liked Top Gun ssh, with its local buffer that you edit before sending lines of text. Are there any ssh2-compatible apps with a similar feature?
    scott evans :: <a href="http://www.antisleep.com">www.antisleep.com</a>
    TuSSH
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    MochaSoft's "Telnet" app ... best SSH imo. Doesn't install a ton of files, just one.

Thanks,
    Peter
    TuSSH.

SSH1/2, proper VT emulation (i.e. vi works), color, different fonts, freeware(donation ware).
  5. gse
    Originally posted by Rob600
    TuSSH.

SSH1/2, proper VT emulation (i.e. vi works), color, different fonts, freeware(donation ware).
    Yah, I like TuSSH the best of the ones I've tried too. Mocha's scroll left-to-right bit is annoying. Only thing I'd like to see in TuSSH is a constant "command line" mode, where you could enter/edit lines of text locally before sending them. IIRC that's how Top Gun works.
    scott evans :: <a href="http://www.antisleep.com">www.antisleep.com</a>
    The constant command line would be nice, but hitting :menu: O isn't that bad for longer commands. I do ls, cd /, etc. just standard, but /etc/init.d/named restart from :menu: O

-Rob
    TuSSH is kinda buggy when it comes to SSH2 -- it works with one of my hosts (Debian Linux/OpenSSH), but not the other (Solaris/SSH2). pssh is pretty awesome, but I'm concerned about its potential vulnerabilities. Any security professionals on here have an opinion about the SSH2 clients for Palm?
    pssh is fine. The author is just trying to cover his ****. It's based on PuTTY... so it's unlikely there are any problems. All that, plus the statistical improbability of someone trying to crack your ssh session... you shouldn't worry so much.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I just discovered pssh myself... I like it, actually. Works fine on my webserver and like the above poster says, I don't think it's too likely that anyone's going to be deliberately trying to hack your ssh sessions while you develop your website.
    pssh rocks!!!
    Anyone try either pssh or tussh on the T650 yet? Wondering if there are problems with either.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Quote Originally Posted by beergeek
    Anyone try either pssh or tussh on the T650 yet? Wondering if there are problems with either.
    pssh works great on my 650

now if i only had pscp or psftp clients....
    Quote Originally Posted by o0o0o
    pssh is fine. The author is just trying to cover his ****.
    pssh is good. the alerts about security are damn annoying, though. I long for a preference option, such as "Intrepid mode", to disable this hand-holding every time I fire it up.

Also would be nice is quick access to the tab key.

But my vote is for pssh just the same.
    Since we're on the topic of SSH apps, I was wondering if there are any out there that don't lose your connection when you switch to another app. For example, say I am SSHed to a server, and I want to refer to some information that I have stored in a memo. With TuSSH and pssh, if I switch to the Memos app, then my SSH connection dies, and I have to connect again. I use screen to minimize the annoyance, but it still takes extra time to type in passwords, restart my screen session, etc. Any ideas?
    nothing can beat pssh!! My award goes to that!
    pssh is the best
    talking about pssh - i used to use tgssh on my old palm, and it worked just fine. I got my new 650, and can;t figure out how to trigger a network connection, prior to ssh-ing (I drilled an ssh hole into my firewall at home, for testing) - sounds stupid, I know, but can;t figure it out for the world of it ... so - how do you connect (i.e. grab an IP) PRIOR to launching an app (be it pssh, or - in the future - others I may have to install)?!?