Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. richlux's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
       #1  
    Could it be that PalmOne started manufactering Treos with a better screen? Not higher rez, just better color depth? There's a thread on PDAPhoneHome.com where a guy is comparing an older Treo 600 to a brand new one and he claims there is a distinct difference in screen quality... He plans to post pics later.

    Thread on PDAPhoneHome.com

    Rich
  2. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #2  
    I actually noticed this with my friend's Treo 600. He got one later than me and it's revision C. Mine is Rev. B (not that it matters, but it might)

    His colors are richer and brighter. Mine looks more washed out when I put it side by side. (by itself, it looks good..until I compare).
  3. #3  
    Probably not. Odds are that his (link) /your(chris) brightness/contrast settings are different, so the colors seem better. Try it on your own. Turn your brightness all the way up and contrast fairly high and the colors won't seem as nice. Turn them down and they'll look much better.
  4. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #4  
    Originally posted by middle_man
    Probably not. Odds are that his (link) /your(chris) brightness/contrast settings are different, so the colors seem better. Try it on your own. Turn your brightness all the way up and contrast fairly high and the colors won't seem as nice. Turn them down and they'll look much better.
    I did try changing them. Nothing matched his.

    I looked at his settings.. they were the same, but I still tried to change mine.
  5. #5  
    Odd. Sure there is no difference between color schemes maybe? (Just taking a guess)
  6. #6  
    I've had 6 Treo 600's next to each other. There were 3 distinctly different screens between them. Some were more yellow than the others, some were sharper. Changes in the contrast and brightness could not make them look the same. I don't believe the new ones have a "better" screen. My Rev A phone had the best looking screen of the bunch.
  7. #7  
    I have to agree with the above post. I've gotten 5 Treo 600 (purchases plus replacements for problems) and all the screens have been slightly different. The very best was the first one which was a cingular unit from a third-party distributer who had gotten it from cingular. By far the brightest and whitest of any Treo's I've seen so far. All the others have been either dimmer or had yellow or green tints to them.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by bcaslis
    I have to agree with the above post. I've gotten 5 Treo 600 (purchases plus replacements for problems) and all the screens have been slightly different.
    My god. 5?

    Rev B here. My screen looks pretty damn good, but I don't have another one to compare it to, and my prevous handheld was an m505.
  9. #9  
    Actually, weird thing here. Subsequent to a hard reset, all of a sudden my colors were less bright and there was a yellow tint. No amount of adjusting brightness or contrast has restored the original color, and no hard reset since has changed it.
  10. #10  
    Three bought and two replacements. Interesting the one I use daily (others are for other people) is the first one I got and it has by far the best screen of them all. All the GSM models I've seen so far are rev. B.

    Originally posted by kennethW


    My god. 5?

    Rev B here. My screen looks pretty damn good, but I don't have another one to compare it to, and my prevous handheld was an m505.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680

Posting Permissions