1.    #1  
    Okay, I'm sitting here shaving the rubber away from the plug of my new Plantronics headset. It appears very few 3rd party headsets don't need this to be done

A month ago I had to file down the edges of my SanDisk SD card because it stuck out too much and was constantly getting popped out.

The headset that comes with the T600 is just godawful. I would very happily have used it, but a lot of callers were almost uninteligible.

So...did anyone at Handspring consider 3rd party headsets when they recessed the port the way they did?

Did anyone at Handspring consider the major vendors of SD cards when they tapered the end like they did?

Are these big things? Well, not really to me because I'm willing to make those adjustments, but to those that are not...they're pretty significant (and stupid) engineering miscues that could have been very easily avoided.

You really gotta wonder who they use for testing.

It's a very nice phone...and for the most part it does everything it says it can do...but hey...since we hear Palm/Handspring monitors these forums how about a reason for these problems?

Ken
    I had to shave a little bit off of my Jabra headset plug as well. You're not the only one. Massive pain in the ***.
    I wonder how many people went out an purchased a headset for their T600 because the one that came with it was garbage. And then returned it becuase it kept comming un-plugged! I already had a really nice Jabra headset, I'm glad I tried it out at home BEFORE I was driving down the road! I trimmed it and I am just fine now.

As for the SD card slot, I have not had the memory card popping out problem. However I am not using a memory SD card, I am using a pre-programmed one, the Pocket Express Entertainment Pack. And it only comes out when I click it... But everyone's useage is different.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    on the SD slot...i'm sure they noticed the bulge, but they probably thought that it was needed to make the card easy to remove. sandisk cards stick out the most i think.

on the headset...they didn't design it. something like that is definitely farmed out.

on the plug..they should have made it flush.
    I have a sandisk card and it does stick out quite a bit. Often, I end up bumping the top of my treo and the card slides out. However, I haven't had it fall completely out yet !
    Originally posted by steven975
    on the SD slot...i'm sure they noticed the bulge, but they probably thought that it was needed to make the card easy to remove. sandisk cards stick out the most i think.
    The spec for SD cards allows the length to very. At least that was the answer posted in a previous thread as to why the SanDisk card sticks out.
    Originally posted by MovieGene
    I have a sandisk card and it does stick out quite a bit. Often, I end up bumping the top of my treo and the card slides out. However, I haven't had it fall completely out yet !
    No probs with my Sandisk 128MB card. It has never popped unless I wanted it to.
    Treo 600 GSM
    I don't know if I'm alone, but none of these kind of things bother me in the least. I try to see the larger picture (not flaming anyone here) - I am sitting in airport, using the 600 to post this as I listen to Journey's Greatest Hits on PocketTunes, and getting ready to continue reading 'Get Shorty' by Elmore Leonard on e-book, and having used my 600 for email all week whilst traveling..
    Yes I will accept shaving my headset adapter and having my SD card stick out a bit, to receive all that functionality in one device.
    It's all about the bigger picture, for me. Not trying to minimize anyone else's opinions - these are just my own thoughts.
    I think pda designers in general need to rethink sd slots...

I had a dell axim and there was a notch.. I was always losing sd cards

Someone needs to create a plate for the treo 600 that permanently keeps the sd card in...

I tried masking tape to keep the sd card in, but it worked for only about a day. I'm gonna try duct tape tom...

I know some of us actually would like to switch sd cards, but I'm not worried about that. Need to keep it in place in my krusell case.