View Poll Results: How many Treo 600 replacements have you had?

Voters
378. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero - Still using my first one

210 55.56%
  • One

98 25.93%
  • Two

40 10.58%
  • Three or more

30 7.94%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The other day I suffered the Shocked Stupid problem and I am now waiting for a replacement unit.

Now we have a couple of months of usage behind us, I was thinking about doing a poll on how reliable the Treo 600 hardware is. (I remember replacing my Treo 180 about 4 times in the first 6 months!).
    Just once so far. My first one was having random soft reset problems.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Heh, guess i got lucky. Touched the top right of my treo and zzap! treo did a soft reset. Everything seems working though... Still on the first one
    I'm on my 3rd one. 1st one stopped connecting to Vision (consistent Error 3000), 2nd one wouldn't charge past around 45...50%. Seems like I'm on a monthly cycle with these Treos now...I've had each one about a month.

Ironically my 3rd one now also has issues connecting to Vision, but only in the evenings.

ivy: still on SprintUsers?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    With My 270 I was on my 3rd before I upraded to the 600.

Getting close to the second month since my frst treo, I'm now waiting for my third 600.

I have a gsm model, and the first one would loose the the signal constantly. This second one has an issue with the speaker phone.

Hey, I long as they keep replacing them, Im okay with it. I love the phone.

Or maybe I'm a glutton for punishment.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I changed mine after a "network search" problem
    1st one: Vision Problem (error 3000). Replaced after 2 weeks with no vision and multiple visits to Sprint store.

2nd one: Loose Screw Rattle (Not button rattle).

3rd one: No problems yet!
    Original Treo had the network search problem
    Replaced 1/21
    Treo #2 all speakers don't work, taken to Sprint for the replacement 1/29
    1st I got in October. Early January developed the network search problem. Got my second one on 1/29.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I can share many many stories about Treos. I most say, they are pretty good at replacing them, but it does seem to be an issue.

I have personally used about 5 diferent Treos thus far. Two of them I've had replaced because the front speaker went out on both. This is odd, since it seems most of you guys had problems with the back speaker, the loud one.

Usually when I use one of the different Treos people on the other end hear some kind of noice, which seems to go away at times by placing your finger over the antena. I have used this fixed in 4 different Treos using the same sim card, and it has worked. However HS tells me it is reception problems, blah blah blah. I am not an expert of how signal strenght works, however in my office I am able to make crystal clear calls on both ends sometimes, and sometimes the other end hears a hiss like noice. If the call starts with the hiss if I hang up and call back the noise is stil there. If I drive away with the active call, the sound remains, but if I hang up, drive away, and then place the call the noise is usually gone. So not sure if that supports or dismisses HS claim that it is signal problems from my network. Anyone else have tried the finger on the antenna to get ride of the noice?
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    I'm on my 3rd one. 1st one stopped connecting to Vision (consistent Error 3000), 2nd one wouldn't charge past around 45...50%. Seems like I'm on a monthly cycle with these Treos now...I've had each one about a month.

Ironically my 3rd one now also has issues connecting to Vision, but only in the evenings.

ivy: still on SprintUsers?
    Yikes, third? Have they been new ones or refurbs?

And yeah, I'm still around on SU every once and again. Seems like this place is more informative though
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    My first (which I still have) has intermittent speaker problems (the speaker you use when you hold the phone as ifit were a landline phone - not the rear speaker.) Sprint was great about replacing it but sent a unit that was totally dead. (could not digitize it even.) supposedly I will get my latest one next Monday. I have had similar experiences with Palm branded devices (Vs, M505, M515) and although I lose a screen protector each time now at east I don't lose a FITALY stamp.

Aside from the low-level qality control the lack of FITALY is the huge downside to this device (that and the auto-turn on and having to file down the SD card so it doesn't pop out.

Cheers,

Jai
    Originally posted by ivyrose

Yikes, third? Have they been new ones or refurbs?

And yeah, I'm still around on SU every once and again. Seems like this place is more informative though
    They've all been new, thankfully, but it doesn't seem like that's making much of a difference as far as quality is concerned.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I have two Treo 600's (Cingular GSM), one of which I bought at the local Cingular store in October and the other delivered from Handspring in November. Both have been working flawlessly, apart from a few glitches in the local Cingular network. I have travelled all over the country and have had similar success, except in the Wash. DC area, where I connected to the T-Mobile network and had difficulty with their GPRS system. I'm a heavy user of both the phone and the pda functions. I previously had a 270 which also worked perfectly, but the 600 is a huge advance.

I've been following this board since I ordered my Treo's, and it appears to me that the majority of the problems publicized are associated with the Sprint phones and network. It would be interesting to break the poll down to see if my perception is valid.
    Treo 600 #1 (Cingular)
    Perfect from day one, going on three months with no problems. Been used in two different states in the U.S., Germany, France, and U.K. Gotta love a quad-band.

Treo 600 #2 (International unlocked)
    Replaced due to crappy screen (dim and green).

Treo 600 #3 (Cingular)
    Replaced due to problem that when very slightly squeezed, it would hard reset.

Overall quality is much better than the Treo 270 when it first came out. I went through three of those in a single month and then gave up on the Treo for several months. The issues I see are manufacturing variations. One (the first) has a great screen, all the other have been so-so. The D pad is different on some, some are way too stiff, others are OK.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I must be living right, or something. I bought my Sprint T600 after Thanksgiving, at Best Buy. Still on the original phone. Everything works. The ROM update went flawlessly (of course I DID read and follow the instructions). The only problems I've had with resets I could trace to a particular software app.

I've currently got 32 programs showing in Applications, and a few more than only show up in prefs or in FILEZ. At least 10 of them run in the "background" and intercept various system functions (apps like Treo Butler, Alert Manager, Keycaps, etc.) And they all seem to get along with each other and the Treo. My battery life is great. My connection quality seems as good as my last phone (a Samsung). My speaker, mic and earpiece still work. Even Blazer seems to be working again.

Maybe I should go buy a PowerBall ticket <g>.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Repaced once by handspring UK and hands up that it was my fault!
    I tried to remove the Orange screen print logo from the case with a solvent, it reacted with the plastic and the ensuing damage was dramatic to say the least. Cracked and blistered...
    Not under warranty and it cost me £80 and 5 days turn around.
    I still think that is excellent service.
    No harware or other problems, the UK devices seem to be very stable compared to the Sprint or other USA units.
    Let this be a lesson to others!
    Strange, over 700 views and only 70 of them own Treos. I guess there is a huge waiting list for these bad boys.....
    Or people are waiting for the rumored Treo610....
    Just once...with an iPaq 4350 and a T608...

No 802.11...no sale...
    I had a Treo 270 (on Cingular) since it's initial release and never had a problem. I ordered the Treo 600 (Sprint) on the last day of the upgrade promotion. I gave my wife the Treo 270 to replace her falling apart Nokia phone and it's actually holding up to her abuse (she is really hard on phones). The Treo 600 is an excellent improvement over the 270.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast