View Poll Results: How many Treo 600 replacements have you had?

Voters
378. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero - Still using my first one

210 55.56%
  • One

98 25.93%
  • Two

40 10.58%
  • Three or more

30 7.94%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well, I voted once, but starting today, I'm on my third Treo.

TheHandlessKing
    1st: bad cradle connector caused lockups and resets

2nd: ear piece speaker quit working

3rd: no problems, yet...
    I'm impressed with the patience/tolerance-for-crap shown by you folks.

If I had to replace ANY device that replacement would happen ONCE. The 2nd time it needed replacement it would be returned and I'd get something different.

No kidding (and, no, this has NOTHING to do with "TREO" specifically, it has to do with accepting crap in general).
    Seldom,
    I feel you. I'm a little more patient, but on the third replacement (LEMON) I'll have to figure out what my other options are. This is ridiculous
    It simply amazes me that someone (1) has to return something at all (2) does so MORE than once!

I can count on ONE FINGER the number of times I ==could== have returned an electronic anything over the 30+ years I've been buying electronic somethings (that one item was an S-100 parallel/serial board on which a power-conditioning capacitor had been soldered in backward - while literally smoke-testing the board the capacitor blew up - it smoked alrightee! When I sent a note about it to the company the Prez apologetically replied AND sent a couple capacitors back!).

Though admittedly not a TREO-geek I've been a computer-of-some-sort-geek for a LONG time. The one OUTSTANDING datapoint about this experience has been the rock-solid reliability of the electronics over that entire time.

Yet here I'm reading of folks who've replaced =7= TREOs (not TREO 600s)!

Yikes!
    I feel u on that Seldom.....with the Sprint A500 after I had to replace it once (and the N400 for that matter) I said it was time to move on. The reason I didn't do so with the Treo was b/c there's no other competing device to go with, whereas in the other cases there of course were other phones. But now I'm gonna go back to 2 devices.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Im on my 4th Treo as of today.

1st - failed earpiece speaker.
    2nd- Blotches on the screen, squeeky case, bad quality.
    3rd- Failed earpiece speaker.

Now im on the 4th, if this one dies, im getting out of the treo line, and looking for something else.
  8. sio
    Well just to say: still on my 1st Treo 600 (3 weeks so far). Very happy overall.

However, just an interesting story on my previous experiences:

Treo 180 #1: microphone stopped working (warranty)

Treo 180 #2: flip broke (within 1 month, free replacement under warranty)

Treo 180 #3: cannot connect to carrier. Network search problem.

Treo 180 #4: lost it

Treo 180 #5: flip broke (within 3 months, free replacement again)

Treo 180 #6: sold (because upgraded to Treo 270, hoping for better manufacturing quality)

Treo 270 #1: flip broke (warranty expired. Paid US$90 for replacement)

Treo 270 #2: flip broke (within 2 months so free replacement)

Treo 270 #3: crack on flip window area (this is a sign of it going!) so had it replace. Currently on sale as I bought the 600 immediately upon noticing the crack.

Treo 600 #1: hoping for the best!

Total: 10 Treos!!! Would never have put up with it if there was any other alternative available but I just can't live without it (PDA/Phone with keyboard and 'small' enough form factor).
    Only had the one 600 so far, and I got it in early October, right after they were available (Sprint).
    And I only used one 300, which I still have, coincidentaly...

Love the 600 - no issues at all, and I use the heck out of it.
    Still on my first, generally looked after but no real problems, speakerphone and camera are not too hot but I didn't buy the phone for either of these features.

I would suggest when reporting apparent call/radio problems that the network and location are given as you'll probably find it likes some networks more than others. Certainly some of the issues detailed here could be attributed to network not handset.
    Whether GSM or CDMA would also be good(don't know my U.S networks).
    whoa i thought i have enough problems with my 270. better put off that 600 purchase until most of the bugs are ironed out and a bluetooth mechanism in place.
    Still on my first 'Cingular GSM' Treo600, but ready for a second one, since today the regular speaker (front speaker) stopped working. Now the only way I can use the phone is by speakerphone.
    Called up Handspring (45 minute, International call, I am in India), they made me go thru the "Battery disconnect hard reset", but to no avail. They said they could send me a replacement unit, but that they will only ship within the US and also that I had to return my deffective unit within fourteen days. My bigger concern is, what happens when I return my phone and they find out that I have updated my firmware. Will they then say my warranty is void and therefore charge me for the replacement unit?
    I doubt that they would notice
    Well I must say that I beleive I hold the record form most replaced Tre0 300's. I have had 13 of them in 16 months. All replaced under warranty. I finally got Sprint to upgrade me to a Treo 600 for free. So that makes numer 14 of Treos and keeping fingers crossed...
    Last edited by treoneo; 02/14/2004 at 08:26 AM.
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    . My bigger concern is, what happens when I return my phone and they find out that I have updated my firmware. Will they then say my warranty is void and therefore charge me for the replacement unit?
    Do now worry about it, I have had a hand full replaced already all unlocked and with firmware updates, and have made contact with them after for one of their replacements after they had received my phone, and everything has been ok. They seem to be having lots of returns for the same problem, front speaker going out. I have had two different ones replaced for the same reason.
    1. Screen fogging up

2. Earphone plug shorting out

3. Loose screw!!! repaired at service center

3 1/2. Loose screw, new phone coming ....I Hope

Ther will not be # 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bought mine in early October (?) I think. Not a single problem with mine. The planets were in their proper alignment when they made mine. No resets. Nothing.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I am glad I am still on my first one. After experiencing the Sidekick failures (had 3 or 4 SK over 1 yr period), I actually waited a month to get my Treo 600 because I wanted to see what's the general response of the first wave of ppl that pre-ordered their Treo. Fortunately, I didn't hear any failure flaws or even minor annoying ones. I am very satisfy w/ my Treo.
    Designed to hamper the release of the T-mobile Treo 600. I just ordered my T-mobile Treo 600.
    Visor Phone, Treo 180, Treo 270, Nokia 3650, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 800w
    Originally posted by treoneo
    Well I must say that I beleive I hold the record form most replaced Tre0 300's. I have had 13 of them in 16 months. All replaced under warranty. I finally got Sprint to upgrade me to a Treo 600 for free. So that makes numer 14 of Treos and keeping fingers crossed...

Patience... thy name is Treoneo.

14 more tributes to the superiority of Palm OS? At least you've had 1000s of programs available for your fourteen units.

Still running my first and only 270 and patiently waiting for reports on the T-Mobile 600 and the rumored Treo 610.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast