1.    #1  
    Last Monday, I tried to put a new entry into Contacts when I noticed that all the following keys were no longer doing what they were meant to: Q, W, E, R, T, Y, U and I. Here is what my keys seem to have become:

Q -> Move focus to previous window location
    W -> Down
    E -> Right
    R -> Down
    T -> SMS App
    Y -> Screen Off/On
    I -> Backspace

It's hard to believe, but this happened overnight. I had not installed any new software in over a week and had not performed a HotSync since the previous Friday.

At first I suspected a software issue. I tried a soft, hard, and finally a battery reset and STILL the keys behave the same messed up way! Handspring support think this is a new hardware issue they have not seen before and are sending me a replacement unit.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Someone else here once mentioned this happpening after they accidentally static shocked the unit while picking it up.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by skillllllz
    Someone else here once mentioned this happpening after they accidentally static shocked the unit while picking it up.
    Found the relevant thread

It looks like this guy suffered exactly the same issue as me. There must be a propensity for the Treo to fail in this mode when it gets a static shock.