Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally

I just got an email from the Info people over at ToySoft

Here is the link to their Lightwav sotware:

http://www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html

Enjoy!!
    Good luck! Unable to try on any MP3s over 1MB. Unless I can try it on what I'll be using it with, no dice.
  3.    #3  
    That limitation is only in the Trial version. I purchased it and it works fine with all my mp3's.

It's worth the $14.95 if you ask me.
    will it play ogg files?
  5.    #5  
    BTW,

What are OGG files

Never used them before...
    Does it concern anyone besides me that the Treo 600 is not listed under the compatible devices?
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    it just was released this evening...they probably just haven't updated their site yet (or forgot)

digidep
    Rickalicious,

I know it's only in the trial version, but I'd sure like to see how I can assign different tunes to different apps. I don't have a ton of <1MB MP3 files just sitting around to test...

Glad you like it, can you give more of a review?
  9.    #9  
    I will play around with it and post a review on Wed. afternoon.

FYI,

it does support the Treo 600.
    the full ver. plays files larger than 1 MB.
    and you can bind sounds to any of the apps installed.

More info tomorrow.
    Originally posted by chazglenn3
    Does it concern anyone besides me that the Treo 600 is not listed under the compatible devices?
    But in the screen shots it has a tab at the top of the screen that says "Treo 600".
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn

But in the screen shots it has a tab at the top of the screen that says "Treo 600".
    And it is listed elsewhere in the description as supported, and the screen shots are accurate: there is a specific Treo 600 tab in the main UI. No question about it.
    This software doesn't see the ogg files on my sd Card. Pocket tunes however does. The web site says ogg support. Does anyone know if this is trial limitation?

thanks
    Are the Oggs greather than 1MB in size? Demo will not work with any files bigger than 1MB
    My first thought is "I wonder if people will react negatively if I set the ringtone to be Howard Dean's primal scream from Iowa..."
    This software doesn't see the ogg files on my sd Card. Pocket tunes however does. The web site says ogg support. Does anyone know if this is trial limitation?
    They've got an updated .prc for the trial version that they posted last night that fixes that problem (trial version only).

As far as the s/w itself goes, I was so excited that I actually bought it before I tried it (I didn't have any short sound files either), so here's what I've found in the last 12 hours:
    The good:
    >The s/w seems to work as advertised, so far
    >Yes, it handles .ogg files perfectly fine. I don't see any difference in behaviour btw. .ogg and .mp3.
    >The music files seem note-for-note louder than most midis. I haven't tried it in a loud situation (bar) yet, but most rock-genre songs seem fine (no Miles for you!)
    >Toysoft warns that there might be a "delay" before the music starts, but I think we're talking milliseconds, so I didn't notice anything appreciable.
    The bad/ugly:
    >With the exception of .wav files, the music runs off of the SD card. Normally this isn't an issue for me, but if I ever get a WiFi SDIO card, it may well become one.
    >Can't assign multiple ringtones (no more audio caller ID)
    >There's a quirk in the program (on my Treo only?) where the "play music" functions don't work consistently (can't always play from LW, but the ringer functions are fine. I think this questions going to Tech Support as soon as I formalize it.
    >When I does play (in preview), there's no "Stop" function! I had to go to PTunes...

Still, it's really close to my needs, and lot's of fun to play with...
    What happens if an alarm goes off, but you don't have the card with the sound file on it inserted (eg. using a different app card at the time/card mysteriously becomes unmounted).
    HI All,

Yes, LightWav does support the Treo600. We will update the manual and our site.

the trial version only allows files less than 1Meg. You can easily test the functionalties of Lwav. for mp3/ogg you need PocketTunes 2.1 and higher.

LWav is not just an ringtone app. You can replace all your application alarm sounds with any wave/mp3/ogg files. NO more midi beep beep beep alarms!!!

For those of you who are having problems when Lwav plays the mp3 and after you hear the midi ringtone. goto the sound prefs and select Tones Tab then select "Silent" as the alarm.
    This utility works very well to convert tons of formats to MP3 so you can use them on your Treo.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

(Not affiliated with them, just found it to convert all my old .rmj files to .mp3's).

I also tried using Lightwave and while it does work as promised (and the .mp3 ringers are a very nice addition... wish handspring would have had them in the first place.) I can not see buying the program until they let you set a different .mp3 for different people.

-David
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I downloaded the trial version, set my ringtone to an ogg file that was available...turned my midi ringer to silent, but still not getting the song to play as my ringer...anyone have any idea?
    Has anyone figured out how to set a specific MP3 ringer to an individual Favorites entry?
    Go Gators!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast