Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 276
  1.    #1  
    Handspring has posted an updater that fixes the SMS problems to download from their site. Go to handspring.com -> support -> Treo 600 Sprint -> downloads, or follow this link:

    http://handspring.speedera.net/www.h...pdater1_10.zip

    It may have other bug fixes as well (hopefully the staying awake after signal strength fades/appears bug will be gone...)

    Please post your experiences with it!
  2. #2  
    From their site:

    The Sprint Treo 600 Updater 1.10 improves your device's performance with these changes:

    Corrects SMS Messaging with Sprint's new network SMS implementation

    Fixes web browser cookie corruption and cookie size management

    Enables the use of numbered keys to navigate pages on Sprint's mobile website

    Corrects provisioning issues that have occurred on a small number of devices

    cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3. #3  
    Does anyone if this is this first Sprint/CDMA upgrade?
    JohnLar, Do you just follow the instructions on the HS site to upgrade the Firmware?

    My current version is
    Treo600-1.0-SPR
    What is yours now?
  4. #4  
    Dosen't appear to be a mac installer????

    whats up with that?
  5. #5  
    I see $70 posted the version.

    $, have you upgraded yet?

    Is there a way to keep the old version somewhere like on a PC for backup incase you need it?

    I have the carrier screen hack on mine, will this override it if I upgrade to the latest version? I assume not, but still want to ask.
  6. #6  
    I'll be the beta tester . Working on it right now.

    I made sure I backed everything up just in case. But this is a flash updater. I really don't know if you can back that up to the PC. I don't have the carrier hack, however, the instructions state that you should remove any hacks installed.

    cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  7. #7  
    Done. Everything seems to be fine. However, still no SMS here in DC.

    No problems at all while upgrading. Just make sure that if you have anything running on the memory card using PowerRun that you will have to remap it.

    cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  8. Loondog's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #8  
    This quote from the installer is reassuring:


    "NOTE: the Updater program will upgrade your phone's internal ROM, but in the
    process of doing so it will temporarily delete all of your data. Do not worry,
    as the installer will back up your data to your computer with the first HotSync
    process and will then restore your data to your phone with the second HotSync
    process. You will not lose any of your data unless you have any of your Conduits
    set to "Do Nothing." (If you don't know what this means, don't worry about it.)"
  9. dsdxp's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #9  
    The scheduled release date of the software update to fix the Treo 600 reset problem is January 31, 2004.

    New Software Version: 1.1 Build 318 / Firmware 1.0


    Additional note: ROM 158 / Firmware 1.21 is currently available on Handspring's website.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by Loondog
    This quote from the installer is reassuring:


    "NOTE: the Updater program will upgrade your phone's internal ROM, but in the
    process of doing so it will temporarily delete all of your data. Do not worry,
    as the installer will back up your data to your computer with the first HotSync
    process and will then restore your data to your phone with the second HotSync
    process. You will not lose any of your data unless you have any of your Conduits
    set to "Do Nothing." (If you don't know what this means, don't worry about it.)"
    Yes, I did notice that, "If you don't know what this means, don't worry about it." Unbelievable!!!

    cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  11. #11  
    Where is the "ROM 158 / Firmware 1.21" located on Handspring's site? I can't seem to find it...

    Originally posted by DSDxp
    The scheduled release date of the software update to fix the Treo 600 reset problem is January 31, 2004.

    New Software Version: 1.1 Build 318 / Firmware 1.0


    Additional note: ROM 158 / Firmware 1.21 is currently available on Handspring's website.
  12. dsdxp's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #12  
    Originally posted by sbpooch
    Where is the "ROM 158 / Firmware 1.21" located on Handspring's site? I can't seem to find it...

    Thats what the updater does.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
  13. #13  
    $, Did you download the upgrade to your PC, then hotsync and after that, were you asked to hotsync again?

    I think Graffiti ANywhere is a hack, so that means that I need to delete it then?

    Perhaps this would be a great time to do a complete freash install of everything?
  14. #14  
    Interesting experience. Following the advice to turn off all hacks (although these technically don't exist on OS5) I shutdown LauncherX and Chatter, and disabled TreoAlertMgr, KeyCapsHack, and ClockPop5.

    So after the 600 came back up flashed, I tried to start LauncherX and the device reset. I couldn't do anything to get into a launcher. Luckily I have BackupMan backup nightly, so I did a hard reset and restored from last night's backup and I'm back in business.

    I'm not sure how one could have avoided this though.
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    $, Did you download the upgrade to your PC, then hotsync and after that, were you asked to hotsync again?

    I think Graffiti ANywhere is a hack, so that means that I need to delete it then?

    Perhaps this would be a great time to do a complete freash install of everything?
    Burkhardi, the upgrade is a .exe file so you do have to download it to the pc. It will walk you through the upgrade.

    I am not sure about Graffiti Anywhere.

    It actually backs everything to the pc, then restores all aplications back to the phone after the update. If you want to do a complete fresh install then you would have to perform a hard reset before you do the update.

    cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by dennisl
    Interesting experience. Following the advice to turn off all hacks (although these technically don't exist on OS5) I shutdown LauncherX and Chatter, and disabled TreoAlertMgr, KeyCapsHack, and ClockPop5.

    So after the 600 came back up flashed, I tried to start LauncherX and the device reset. I couldn't do anything to get into a launcher. Luckily I have BackupMan backup nightly, so I did a hard reset and restored from last night's backup and I'm back in business.

    I'm not sure how one could have avoided this though.
    I didn't turn off LauncherX and it came back up fine. However, the few apps I had running on the SD card using PowerRun had to be remapped.

    cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  17. #17  
    Well, the updater did a great job of not working on my phone. It made it maybe 1/10th the way accross the status bar before crashing.
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by PeterGibbons
    Well, the updater did a great job of not working on my phone. It made it maybe 1/10th the way accross the status bar before crashing.
    Mine didn't work either. I Had made a backup on my card so I hard reset. Gave it a new hotsync ID. Installed updater and then restored from backup.

    Phil

    and i just sent myself an SMS from blazer via sprint's sit and the alert didn't crash it and it ALWAYS reset my phone before
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 01/27/2004 at 02:10 PM.
  19. #19  
    I assume this will not correct the recent browsing issues (as in not working in the evening), but would be curious to see if any of the patched units see a change with the browsing problem.

    ctdw
  20. #20  
    so does the updater make the 600 automatically perform a hard reset, as part of the update? in reading the posts above, it was kinda hard to tell. I don't think that the updater forces a hard reset, but someone who's done it, pls confirm. I don't really love hard resets, so let me know...
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions