Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Originally posted by stxnpux

My Klondike also causes a reset each time I try it. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? Reinstalling didn't help me.
    Mine appears to do the same.
    Just did the update - didn't do any special backup. Battery was at 98%, and 10MB free. Followed the screen prompts on the PC and Treo.

Took about 5 minutes. According to ##786, Software Rev is now Treo600-1.10-SPR.

Lost some AvantGo wireless settings - but all rest of data was fine. Other apps seem fine.

I'm about 25 mi north of LA, can't send SMS - still getting message that service is not available and that a message will be sent when the service is available.
    didn't see this posted on this thread, but did anyone else get a SMS from Sprint posting a link to the update @ http://sprintpcs.com/treo600/

I just got one and will be applying it shortly with the straightforward instructions given on this thread. Thanks.
    I am a dedicated Linux user without access to either a Mac or a Windows PC. So I can't use the Handspring updater, just like the Mac users. Unfortunately the 'sitx' files posted earlier in this thread aren't readily extractable on Linux.

Could some kind soul please create a Zip or tar archive of the updater files and either post their location in this thread or email them directly to grib at billgribble dot com?

Thanks,
    b.g.
    I got the page about an hour ago. My brother who is currently only a mile away from me did not get the page on his 600. Makes you wonder why I got the page and he did not?
    Upgraded my less than a week old Rev C this morning. It was a white-knuckle newbie ride that actually lasted only ten minutes. After reading all of the posts in this thread, I thought the thing might explode!!!

Everything seems copacetic including Klondike and SMS works great! Vision has been spotty all afternoon though. C'mon Sprint, you're soooo close.

The ease of upgrade may have to do with the fact that the only thing that I've added so far is Sketcher. I had plenty of memory and I was plugged into AC power.

EdK
    Last edited by redshifted; 01/28/2004 at 08:01 PM.
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Okay - after the reset my battery drains in no time...

Anyone else notice a similar disturbance?

L
    Lee Ladisky

My Klondike also causes a reset each time I try it. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? Reinstalling didn't help me.
    My Klondike is also causing my T600 to reset.

Cool, another soft reset tool to use.
    Sprint just posted the patch on their website as well, and they sent me a text message.

www.sprintpcs.com/treo600
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    The SMS is still not working, you still receive thru SMS App on the Treo 600, but only way to send is still thru Web. Works ok, but difficult if you just trying to reply to a received message.
    does anyone know if this update will fix the network search problem
    I Came, I Saw, I Conquered
    Same here... Klondike is soft-resetting every time after the update.
    Originally posted by webslappy
    didn't see this posted on this thread, but did anyone else get a SMS from Sprint posting a link to the update @ http://sprintpcs.com/treo600/

I just got one and will be applying it shortly with the straightforward instructions given on this thread. Thanks.
    have you upgraded your browser? i read the link, it looks like you can improve the treo`s browser security and performance. have you noticed any big improvements?
    I updated today after reading through the first 6 pages of this thread while I was on the road.

I upgraded my palm desktop software per the instructions.
    I backed up to SD card following advice.
    I disabled TreoAlertMgr per the instructions.
    My batt was almost full ~99% (couldn't wait any longer).
    I did not hard reset first as recommended, figured I'd try that if first attempt failed.

It went pretty smooth. I restored off the SD first (hot sync had a problem), then everything worked fine. No more resets from SMS, or or any probs from Klondike.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Originally posted by grib
    Could some kind soul please create a Zip or tar archive of the updater files and either post their location in this thread or email them directly to grib at billgribble dot com?

Thanks,
    b.g.
    I am offended at the kind soul comment, but here is a zipped archive of the update for linux users.

http://www.cafeandrew.com/treo600update110.zip

Andy
    Originally posted by brooklynbound
    Dosen't appear to be a mac installer????

whats up with that?
    Exactly my problem, or maybe not, judging by the weak response from people who have done the update (and I dont use SMS anyway)
  17. gse
    The update ran just fine for me, but launching Directory Assistant causes a soft reset, and TuSSH throws some strange error ("protocol" or something?) when trying to make a connection.

That's the only breakage I've noticed thus far.
    scott evans :: <a href="http://www.antisleep.com">www.antisleep.com</a>
    Did the install from a Mac with the link posted by Imageone back on page 5 of this thread. Everything went smoothly. Took about 5 minutes after the reset. As people posted before, remove the "Treo 600 1.10 Update.prc" from your backups folder before restoring all your data after hard reset.

Thanks Imageone.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    The SMS is still not working, you still receive thru SMS App on the Treo 600, but only way to send is still thru Web. Works ok, but difficult if you just trying to reply to a received message.
    I've seen a few posts like this, so I think something needs to be clarified here: the patch doesn't make SMS "work." That part is still being rolled out by Sprint. You probably aren't in a market that is fully implemented yet. What the patch does is fix the "reset bug" that happened when receiving SMS's.

Mine too...