Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    URG, The uodate went fine but now it won't return my info to my treo. It goes through the whole process. I can see that it is reloading the info onto my treo. When it is done it states you now have to reset your tre. I hit the reset button on the screen. WHen it turns back on my info is not in it. It is as if I just opened the box. I tried PalmOne support and the guy didn't know anything about teh update. He made me talk him through where it was on the website. Then he acted like I was stupid and told me I needed to Hotsync my treo to get the info in. Tech supprt guys always assume that us girls don't know anything about the tech toys. I have using palm OS products for 6 years and this is my second treo. I finally hung up when he put me on hold for the third time.

The hotsync is taking much longer than the first three I tried so hopefully this one will take.

If this has happened to anyone else and they have a work around please let me know.
    The update went in fine but now nothing else will.
    I had no problems with the update. Took less than 10 minutes. I didn't even disable anything.

Three quick things.

First I use Sync All to backup all config files. (including registration databases). So a hard reset is not a big deal for me. I also use backup man but that's in case of me running my phone dry and not having my laptop around. (I travel a lot. Of course I really needed it on my Treo 300 and haven't had to use it on the 600)

Second for those people having issues with the update and after the hard reset the update works. You have to realize that you have a program that is corrupt in your palm. I had this for a long time with the pylon conduit. Pylon was making corrupt databases. The palm would mostly work. Until I wanted to delete something or add a program. So, your issues are most likely not with P1 they are with some addon application that you're running. It might be helpful for the people having issues with the update to list all of the applications that are installed. So, it might be possible to narrow down the problem app.

Third I would encourage everyone to do the update with the charger plugged in. Flashing a chip takes a lot of power. I believe it's in your best interest to have the charger plugged in.
    Originally posted by dennisl

I'm in NYC (Manhattan) could send & receive SMS before the update (did it yesterday for the first time) and can do it now, after the update.
    I've not bee able to send SMS to other Sprint users since Sprint initiated their upgrade to support MO-SMS. But I can still send SMS (w/Treo600SMS) outside of the Sprint Network.
    Originally posted by njchris

I'd plug it in anyway because I'm paranoid.
    Will do. Thanks to everyone for their reponse.

I have been impressed with the battery life of the Treo for the few weeks I've owned it, but maybe that's just reported (by the Treo icon) battery life.

I guess I'll just leave the charger plugged into the USB cradle here at work. There should be no problems with leaving it hooked up to a charger all day at work, should there?
    Originally posted by JTREOB
    1) Backup unit to sd card (backup buddy app used)
    2) do a hard reset
    3) load updater 1.10
    4) restore device from sd card
    5) hot sync ( make sure handheld overrights desktop is selected for system under custom in hot sync)

I had some trouble doing this. Even though I did a hard reset first, I got the message that there was insufficient memory for the installation. I therefore created a new hotsync name and did the installation for that name. This entailed starting the installater over and using the new name there and later for the hotsync. For the final hotsync, I used my original name and then restored everything with BackupBuddy. Everything now seems working well.
    Laissez Faire
    Have any of you Mac users had trouble with the link posted by imageone earlier in this thread for downloading the updater files? The link hangs Safari, so I tried Explorer, but I still just get a window that fills with gobbledegook. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, the people on this site are a big part of the reason my experience with the Treo is so positive--thanks!!
    Originally posted by TechDreams
    Have any of you Mac users had trouble with the link posted by imageone earlier in this thread for downloading the updater files? The link hangs Safari, so I tried Explorer, but I still just get a window that fills with gobbledegook. What am I doing wrong?
    TD -

You'll need to click-and-hold/control-click the link and select the option to save it to your computer. I believe the presence of the "x" letter at the end of the file extension ".sit" is throwing off IE/Safari so it tries to load the data into a webpage instead of downloading and post-processing it with StuffIt.

Also make sure you delete the Treo update files from your ~/Documents/Palm/User/YourUserName/Backups directory before re-syncing after update. I missed this little issue and ended up installing the update 3x in a row before i realized what was going on!

Thanks a bunch to imageone and all the users on these boards for making this update work so smoothly!

Speed
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Rico

Will do. Thanks to everyone for their reponse.

I have been impressed with the battery life of the Treo for the few weeks I've owned it, but maybe that's just reported (by the Treo icon) battery life.

I guess I'll just leave the charger plugged into the USB cradle here at work. There should be no problems with leaving it hooked up to a charger all day at work, should there?
    Shouldn't be. I've left mine on the charger at home all day (and night) a few times with no problems.
    Originally posted by nchargreed
    I tried updating with an 80% battery and I got the message that my charger was required.

So, unless your battery is at 100% then you will have to have it plugged into your charger.

If you want to try it without the charger, go ahead, I did and nothing BAD happened but I was not able to proceed until I plugged the charger in.

Kimberly
    I was at 78% and had to plug in to my charger. The first three attempts at the update left me with just a white screen. The fourth time, I backed up my phone and installed (hotsynced) to a new user name and it worked.
    After I updated, my Directory Assistant causes an immediate soft reset every time I try to launch it! Other than that the update went fine, but DA is critical.

Has anyone else had luck using DA after the update?
    Originally posted by micksweet
    Has anyone else had luck using DA after the update?
    Yeah...no problem here! In fact, I used [it] last night to find a restaurant, and my friend that was with me who thinks I'm a geek had a "WOW!" moment and said he might consider a Treo...
    For anyone having issues with reinstalling or re-syncing after the update, I HIGHLY recommend simply doing a HARD reset of your device after the update (won't erase the update because it's firmware not regular software) and then try to re-sync...

I hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by grepmstr
    Anyone in the NYC metro area able to SMS out from their Treo 600 with the new update?

For me it looks like it tries to send, the gives a "message not delivered" message saying "This service will be available soon".
    I still get this in north-east NJ.
    Thanks rm! I reinstalled DA and it works perfectly.
    No sms in texas(dallas) yet
    Had same reset issue on Directory Assistant (agree - it's one of the most useful apps).
    Uninstalled older version and installed latest 2.03 - updated on 01/21/04
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/dadl.html
    No more reset. New version works fine.
    Last edited by lastidavailable; 01/28/2004 at 11:44 AM.
    My experience was not great..

1. It would not install normally. Started and failed.

so...

1. Backup to Card (BackupMan)
    2. Hard Reset
    3. Clean Synch to new synch name
    4. Install Update
    5. Restore from Card

Seems okay
    Originally posted by Felipe
    does anoneknow if this update fixed the loose sounds in games bug after a couple of minutes?
    No it does not. I did the update, still same sound problems in the gaming arena.
    The last instruction before installation reads:
    Must synchronize with your current user name. You may have several Treo/Visor user names stored on your desktop from experimentation or previous devices. Make sure you synchronize with the user name currently on your Sprint Treo 600, or you will appear to lose data.

Now, I've been reading in this thread that people say they have installed under a different username and it worked.

Does anyone have any idea why that instruction is listed?
    After about 24 hours of this crap, I finally got it to work by following some of your suggestions and creating a new user and installing the update under that user. Thanks to all who helped.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast