Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 276
  1. #41  
    Originally posted by obwise
    I use a Mac so the .exe file won't work. Does anyone know of a Mac installer?
    I just got off the phone and those @#$!$ at Sprint do not want Handspring to offer Mac support for the Treo. Sprint is not pro-Mac...which kinda perturbs me. They said that there are no plans to release a mac version of the updater. However I also found out from a buddy at Sprint, the techs will be getting this firmware version this week to do the updates in-store. I'll check with them next week though first...

    To everyone, I would recommend syncing your device, THEN hard resetting it, and then doing the firmware update, and then you have a nice clean device using the firmware it would have as if you bought it 2 weeks from now...and now just rethink if you REALLY need particular apps or not...hehehehe.. mine was cluttered!!

    I have to find a PC to do this update...oh well. I actually considered putting Virtual PC with XP on my Mac just for this type of stuff...but decided, why do I want THAT?! I don't need the added headaches that Windows causes!
  2. #42  
    Works great, a little dissapointed because of the rumer that the update will improve the camera.... But still very happy to see they are trying to make ANYTHING better We'll have to wait for the next one......
  3. #43  
    I ran the downloaded file, backed up my data with the hotsync, resets the device, and got to the part to where the updater starts (the one that says will take about 8 minutes). The installer bar starts going, then the Handspring splash screen shows up with "Initializing", and then my device suddenly restarts, and I get an error - "Cannot find the operation applicaiton"
    Grim, I had the exact same problem. I'm going to try again, but I'm not feeling lucky.
  4. #44  
    OK Mac Daddy's here's the updater in file form.

    I have not yet tried them because I wanted to get this up. I simply extracted the files from the exe via Virtual PC (it does come in handy for a few things....but SLOW)

    Anyway I did the same-thing for the 300 update and it worked fine.

    Download, unstuff and place the three files:
    ROM_Checker_enUS.PRC, ROM_Checker.PRC and ROM_Updater.PRC in your "files to be installed" Oh and the "Read Me" is included.

    http://www.thinkaccess.net/downloads...update110.sitx
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  5. #45  
    I did the update and, unfortunately now everything is messed up? Cant tap on the screen; the ROM update made an app icon and is still there???

    Any help on this appreciated.. Should I Hard Reset and try it all over again?
    adaboy1
  6. #46  
    No idea how this worked. I tried unsuccessfully twice. Each time my T600 would loop into system crash, reset, system crash, reset, system crash, reset...etc etc etc. I finally said F'it, and just hard reset it myself and hotsync'd all my settings back.

    Now, when I go to the phone info, it says software: Treo600-1.0-SPR. But that is impossible! It never made it through...

    I'm baffled, and somewhat dismayed...

    Matt
  7. jsabo's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    #47  
    Originally posted by grim02
    I ran the downloaded file, backed up my data with the hotsync, resets the device, and got to the part to where the updater starts (the one that says will take about 8 minutes). The installer bar starts going, then the Handspring splash screen shows up with "Initializing", and then my device suddenly restarts, and I get an error - "Cannot find the operation applicaiton"

    Lovely.

    No update for me. My data is still there from my HotSync, but I can't update...anyone else having this? Thanks.
    Yep, same problem here. Tried it a couple times, no joy. About to see if I can find and kill the installer files.
  8. #48  
    Originally posted by imageone
    OK Mac Daddy's here's the updater in file form.

    Download, unstuff and place the three files:
    ROM_Checker_enUS.PRC, ROM_Checker.PRC and ROM_Updater.PRC in your "files to be installed" Oh and the "Read Me" is included.

    http://www.thinkaccess.net/downloads...update110.sitx
    thanks. i'll let you know how it goes after I install it.
    OBWise
  9. #49  
    Originally posted by NCTreo600
    No idea how this worked. I tried unsuccessfully twice. Each time my T600 would loop into system crash, reset, system crash, reset, system crash, reset...etc etc etc. I finally said F'it, and just hard reset it myself and hotsync'd all my settings back.

    Now, when I go to the phone info, it says software: Treo600-1.0-SPR. But that is impossible! It never made it through...

    I'm baffled, and somewhat dismayed...

    Matt
    change to software: Treo600-1.10 -SPR
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  10. #50  
    Phew...thanks ChemEngr!

    Still baffled as to why it won't work. Not dismayed anymore

    Matt
  11. #51  
    OK - I did the install over again and this is where I am hung up. The installer goes to load and I get this error " Cannot find the operation application"

    Once it loads everthing is messed up; apps arent matching the icon, touch screen won't work?

    Any ideas?
    adaboy1
  12. #52  
    Originally posted by jhoff80
    Anyone else notice that the "Lookup in Contacts" button on the SMS app still causes a reset? I know theres workarounds for that, but it would be nice to fix that problem too.
    I have never experienced that problem, before or after the upgrade.

    cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  13. #53  
    Originally posted by NCTreo600
    Phew...thanks ChemEngr!

    Still baffled as to why it won't work. Not dismayed anymore

    Matt
    as had been suggested - try and run the updater on a clean treo after a hard reset. You might need to change your hotsync ID and resync to the old one after the update completes.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  14. #54  
    Originally posted by obwise


    thanks. i'll let you know how it goes after I install it.
    based on the 300 update, you may have to delete the updater files from your backup folder before re-installing.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  15. #55  
    $70 (and however else too),
    Couple off the wall questions. WHen you go to the about, in the help menus, does it still say Handspring and show flip (like in application manager, "options","about Applications" and mine shows Handspring Applicationas V.5.2H. Or is all the Handspring stuff repalces with Pa1m One now?

    Do any of the undocumented features (tricks/work arounds) not work now, in other words, did Sprint put the heavy on them to remove stuff, like the ability to send pictures from the HS mail app, to force you HAVE to use picture mail, and stuff like that?

    Much thanks, matt

    BTW, what have you seen so far? Is this like the Treo300 update, don't upgrade unless you have an issue? The Treo300 upgrade was pretty transparent from what I remember people saying. I never did it, due to all the poor responce from people saying to only do it if you have issues, and mine was fine.

    Thanks again.
  16. #56  
    Originally posted by adaboy1
    OK - I did the install over again and this is where I am hung up. The installer goes to load and I get this error " Cannot find the operation application"

    Once it loads everthing is messed up; apps arent matching the icon, touch screen won't work?

    Any ideas?
    adaboy-

    I tried again too and received the same error message again. I had the touch screen problem, but that's actually happening because it way out of whack - 5 way nav to the Welcome app and re-configure your touch screen. That fixed that for me.

    And, after getting the "Cannot find the operation application" error, I continued the installation prompts from my PC and my old data was restored. Then my installation said I had been successfull with my update, even though I was not.

    I have 3 new files that have to do with the installation - one that did a memory flash, another that started with "A" , and a third that was called "D.C." I deleted them from my system and now I'm running normally, but am not updated.

    So a waste of time so far. I took off TreoHelper before starting, and I had 10MB of free memory, and was fully charged in my cradle. I'll try doing it from a hard reset when I get home.

    This thread is about to get too long to read....
    Last edited by grim02; 01/27/2004 at 04:56 PM.
  17. #57  
    I run the update exactly how the handspring website says, but when I get to the time to put it in the charger and run the update, it gets almost finished and I get the "operation command failed". The update isn't being completed. I've tried it twice with no luck.
    I see a few others have had this same problem, but I haven't seen a solution yet.
    Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?
    Thanx in advance
    Peace
    Charles
  18. #58  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    $70 (and however else too),
    Couple off the wall questions. WHen you go to the about, in the help menus, does it still say Handspring and show flip (like in application manager, "options","about Applications" and mine shows Handspring Applicationas V.5.2H. Or is all the Handspring stuff repalces with Pa1m One now?

    Do any of the undocumented features (tricks/work arounds) not work now, in other words, did Sprint put the heavy on them to remove stuff, like the ability to send pictures from the HS mail app, to force you HAVE to use picture mail, and stuff like that?

    Much thanks, matt

    BTW, what have you seen so far? Is this like the Treo300 update, don't upgrade unless you have an issue? The Treo300 upgrade was pretty transparent from what I remember people saying. I never did it, due to all the poor responce from people saying to only do it if you have issues, and mine was fine.

    Thanks again.

    I never did the 300 update either because there wasn't any incentive to do so - if it ain't broke... I wanted to do this update because of the SMS reset problem and thankfully it got fixed. Also, I am still able to send pictures with HS mail even after the update.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  19. #59  
    Originally posted by chucklique
    I run the update exactly how the handspring website says, but when I get to the time to put it in the charger and run the update, it gets almost finished and I get the "operation command failed". The update isn't being completed. I've tried it twice with no luck.
    I see a few others have had this same problem, but I haven't seen a solution yet.
    Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?
    Thanx in advance
    Peace
    Charles
    make backup

    hard reset your device

    run updater with different hotsync ID

    restore backup
  20. #60  
    Can't help but feeling guilty....

    I did the upgrade and it works fine. No problems discovered to this point....

    BUT..... I (sob) didn't fully charge the battery first!!!!!!!!!!!! And I left the charger in the whole time!!!!!!!

    Am I now to suffer eternal damnation? Will my Treo never fully charge again? Will Larissa pick a hunk instead of an Average Joe, just like Milena? Is nuclear destruction imminent?

    I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY!
    Last edited by Dalai Lama; 01/27/2004 at 05:11 PM.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions