Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Works pretty good so far. No resets after continuosly sending messages from the sprint websight and the wifes phone.

This is my Treo. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Treo is my best freind. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Treo without me is useless. Without my Treo, I am useless......
    Yes, a hard reset is involved in the update. I recommend doing a backup before trying...I didn't and I'm stuck with an old backup to my SD card. the updater crashed in between...err, very frustruating, but it seems to be back up and running now.
    Originally posted by nrosser
    so does the updater make the 600 automatically perform a hard reset, as part of the update? in reading the posts above, it was kinda hard to tell. I don't think that the updater forces a hard reset, but someone who's done it, pls confirm. I don't really love hard resets, so let me know...
    Yes it performs a hard reset after the update. Then it will ask you to hotsync all your info back. I lost a few programs and mail, etc. I'm going to do another hard reset and restore from backupman. Everything seems to be OK though.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    so the instructions indicate that a full battery is needed for the update.

Anybody try it successfully with a partial battery?

Will the update deplete my battery requiring that I recharge it afterward?

K
    After restoring from backupman, all Treo settings intact and working. Tested SMS receive - NO CRASHING. Now I can't wait for SMS sending to work.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Great Job with the update! The update went very VERY smoothly for me. I have yet to play much with the updated device...but the install was really REALLY easy.

I wish everyone else the best of luck with their update.

<><
    mykul
    Interesting... Now when I send an SMS to the Treo and try to respond, it correctly picks up the "reply to" address (if that made sense...) Don't need to "forward" the message back to the sender.

It also looks like the camera has few blue pixels when in low light (but that could be my imagination...)
    Just installed it. Everything is all good now.

At first Documents To Go would crash whenever I tried to open up a document. I reinstalled the handheld apps and it's working fine now.

On a side note, does anyone know how to check to see if the update actually worked properly? Is there a file name or something to see etc?
    Originally posted by lgreenberg
    Just installed it. Everything is all good now.

At first Documents To Go would crash whenever I tried to open up a document. I reinstalled the handheld apps and it's working fine now.

On a side note, does anyone know how to check to see if the update actually worked properly? Is there a file name or something to see etc?
    phone info. Software: Trep600-1.10-SPR
    I'm on the phone with so-called Sprint PCS support, and I've been on perma-hold for over an hour, with my Treo stuck in "Initializing...". I'm afraid to interrupt it, as the installer warns that this could mess up the internal radio. Anyone have this problem and get around it? It's been stuck on this screen for over an hour (as opposed to the approximate 8 minutes it's supposed to take!)
    Originally posted by ChemEngr

phone info. Software: Trep600-1.10-SPR
    Got it, thanks.
    I use a Mac so the .exe file won't work. Does anyone know of a Mac installer?
    OBWise
    Originally posted by obwise
    I use a Mac so the .exe file won't work. Does anyone know of a Mac installer?
    I assume it's not available yet. Story of our Mac lives . . .

Oh, well, we're missing yet another virus epidemic, right? LOL
    I ran the downloaded file, backed up my data with the hotsync, resets the device, and got to the part to where the updater starts (the one that says will take about 8 minutes). The installer bar starts going, then the Handspring splash screen shows up with "Initializing", and then my device suddenly restarts, and I get an error - "Cannot find the operation applicaiton"

Lovely.

No update for me. My data is still there from my HotSync, but I can't update...anyone else having this? Thanks.
    update works great here though I cant still send sms i can get them without any crashes. is this the software the the sprint guy in here said is due to be relased on jan. 31 or is there additioanl software we will have to download to make this work?
    Originally posted by TechDreams

I assume it's not available yet. Story of our Mac lives . . .

Oh, well, we're missing yet another virus epidemic, right? LOL
    Very True. That would be far worse than a few soft resets.
    OBWise
    Update. Just reset it (it was stuck on the initializing screen for over an hour). It worked the second time. Hope I didn't kill the radio, whatever that means.
    Well I installed the update and verything went smoothly. . . It'll be a few days before I can really say how much was improved, I'm really hoping this will cut back on the number of soft resets that my internet apps have been doing (no change in software, just started soft reseting randomly).

the updater backed everything up and restored it as promised.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Anyone else notice that the "Lookup in Contacts" button on the SMS app still causes a reset? I know theres workarounds for that, but it would be nice to fix that problem too.
    Originally posted by jhoff80
    Anyone else notice that the "Lookup in Contacts" button on the SMS app still causes a reset? I know theres workarounds for that, but it would be nice to fix that problem too.
    Never had that problem even before the update. I read in a thread a while back that it's the contacts database getting screwed up by the way it sorts or finds. This mainly happened when upgrading from an older Treo user ID rather than clean installs of apps. There was a fix if I remember correctly.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast