Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
    Originally posted by imageone
    OK Mac Daddy's here's the updater in file form.

I have not yet tried them because I wanted to get this up. I simply extracted the files from the exe via Virtual PC (it does come in handy for a few things....but SLOW)

Anyway I did the same-thing for the 300 update and it worked fine.

Download, unstuff and place the three files:
    ROM_Checker_enUS.PRC, ROM_Checker.PRC and ROM_Updater.PRC in your "files to be installed" Oh and the "Read Me" is included.

http://www.thinkaccess.net/downloads...update110.sitx
    Maybe its just me but this link isn't working. Has something changed?

TIA
    Followed the directions on the updater. Did a backup buddy backup but didn't need it. Only had 5 megs free which wasn't a problem... did not make a "dummy" hotsync name and did not do any hard resets (wanted to try it according to their directions first).

All data, email settings, etc. seem to be in place. Klondike does crash when run. I know I am over simplifying, but geeze with all the crazy hacks and media players that work after the update...you'd think the most common and most popular CARD game would work.. You can't tell me that NOBODY in their testing pool had klondike on their palm.

Overall...seems to have worked fine.

Woooosh (that's the sound of another bullet dodged)
    Originally posted by mpk65281
    Followed the directions on the updater. Did a backup buddy backup but didn't need it. Only had 5 megs free which wasn't a problem... did not make a "dummy" hotsync name and did not do any hard resets (wanted to try it according to their directions first).

All data, email settings, etc. seem to be in place. Klondike does crash when run. I know I am over simplifying, but geeze with all the crazy hacks and media players that work after the update...you'd think the most common and most popular CARD game would work.. You can't tell me that NOBODY in their testing pool had klondike on their palm.

Overall...seems to have worked fine.

Woooosh (that's the sound of another bullet dodged)
    BTW, for me Klondike worked fine before and after installation of the update. Talking about dodging a bullet...I must lead a charmed life! (NOT)
    Well, after crashing my T600 in an unrelated event, I needed to rebuild the system and apps and so decided to do the upgrade. Except for a hang in the final install of Zapit, it went well.

I did cancel the rebuild, killed Zapit, and then ran the rebuild again without event.

I guess it remains to be seen if the device behaves over the next week or so...
    Originally posted by PattiB
    A coworker and I are both unable to share photos after upgrading our phones.
    It hangs for a long time and then just gives up.

Anyone else have this problem?
    No, mine just crashes entirely when I try to share a photo (both before and after the update).
    Seriously.
    John
    Originally posted by nextgadget
    I updated my Treo 600 using the software supplied by Sprint and everything went fine during the install process however afterwards I could no longer make or receive calls with the Treo. Everytime I make a call it says "Singal faded call lost" even though I used to make calls from these exact locations without ever receiving problems.

When people call me sometimes it will work for 30 seconds but it always drops the call. Brought it to a Sprint store which may as well be a zoo filled with monkeys wearing Sprint uniforms and they ran a test to confirm the phone is not working and failed the diagnostic test. Then they gave me spiel about how they couldn't order any more Treos because that phone isn't on "the daily list". Then the customer service nightmare continued (I'll spare you the pain).

Unless you need to update for a specific reason don't do it.
    My upgrade was painful as well:
    • Fading/lost signals
    • Sporadic ability to connect to PCS Vision
    • Frequent email crashes
    • Device resets
    • Missed calls
    Had nothing to do with the mechanics of installing the update or backing up my apps.

I *think* I've fixed it now, though.

I did two things:[list=1][*]Deleted Launcher X[*]Formatted my SD Card[/list=1] I include step 2 not because I think it mattered, but just for completeness. I suspect that it might be better to install apps (like Launcher X) OVER the update, but I wasn't all that keen on Launcher X anyway.
    John
    I had similar problems with Launcher X and in trying to delete it, hosed my Treo in a big way (hard reset, complete reinstall of everything)

Needless to say, I won't be reinstalling it...
    My Update went smoothly - almost.

hotynch died when restoring my almost 18 MB of stuff.
    Restore database application error 6410
    Connection is lost

I was just about to start installing each app again, when I decided to check this forum and Handspring.com first.

The fix that worked was tip from Jesserue - use another USB port

My Dell PC has 6 USB ports. I went from the bottom row of 2 USB up to the row of 4 USB ports (if that matters).

As Jesserue stated and I concur:
    "I've no idea what the difference is but it worked for me."

Thought I would post this up ASAP for 2 reasons.
    1) hopefully helps others
    2) anyone have an idea why the heck changing USB ports works?

and thanks to Jesserue and to the forum members who contribute solutions - this is by far the best forum for solutions.

Sprint / Handspring techs should search this forum for solutions instead of whatever database they use.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    Forgive me if I'm asking the obvious, but do we know if the update was successful?
    I have treied to figure it out and I dont see 1.1 anywhere, and it works the same as before.

I still see handspring 1.0
    Originally posted by TreoInCollege
    Forgive me if I'm asking the obvious, but do we know if the update was successful?
    Yes.

Phone
    Options Menu
    Phone Info
    Software should have 1.1 in it

I think this is it.
    Thank you convbcuda. Now I know that staying up an extra two hours last night cursing at palm for causing countless errors (not to mention myself for not backing up to SD first) was worth it... kinda.
    Last edited by TreoInCollege; 02/05/2004 at 04:43 PM.
    Hi...

Anyone have a clue as to when SMS will be available in Long Island and in Queens?

Thanks,
    LI and Queens News:
    I was calling Sprint at *2 today and the recording said; We are updating your phone. A few minutes later it said; Update complete.
    i now noticed I have SMS. Is this a coincidence/ Did I have it before? Never tried it.

bruce in belle habor
    Just bought my Treo Saturday - in the phone app it shows software version as Treo600 - 1.10 - SPR

does this mean I do NOT have to install the update as I already have it on the phone ???
    Originally posted by sanovak3681
    Just bought my Treo Saturday - in the phone app it shows software version as Treo600 - 1.10 - SPR

does this mean I do NOT have to install the update as I already have it on the phone ???
    Consider yourself lucky.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314