1.    #1  
    I've noticed a problem connecting to GPRS on T-mobile's service. I've had a few different units so I tend to think its either the service or the fact that I'm using a Cingular originated Treo to connect to T-mo.

Almost always I have to connect twice in order for the GPRS to get established. Sometimes it takes several more attempts. Anyone else experience this? Solutions?

Thanks in advance.
    Sometimes it takes me two tries, other times I connect right away. But I had that on my 270 as well. I have better luck when VPN is set as the default rather than T-Mo internet. Have you tried any of the proxy settings you can find on other threads here on TC?
  3.    #3  
    Pardon my ignorance...GPRS service works through T-mo Internet or VPN?

I'm not using a proxy. Should I?
    I consistently had this problem with my Treo 180, but have not yet experienced it with the 600 (unlocked international version with T-Mobile SIM). I've come to accept it as one of the vagaries of GPRS.
    Originally posted by Top Billing
    I've noticed a problem connecting to GPRS on T-mobile's service. I've had a few different units so I tend to think its either the service or the fact that I'm using a Cingular originated Treo to connect to T-mo.
    What data plan are you on? The internet2 and internet3 APNs utilize a transparent web proxy accelerator to speed downloads up by compressing images etc. Not sure if you're having problems relating to this or not.

I'm on the T-Zones pro using wap.voicestream.com APN without any problems. Keep in mind that even though T-Mobile doesn't sell the T600 yet, I believe their Data technical support people can help your with configuration issues (if any).

I used to use GPRS with my old Nokia 7250 and simply took the SIM out of the nokia and popped it into my Treo 600. It turns out the data configuration settings are stored on the SIM.

Btw, the people at HoFo are saying that the 'FREE WAP' offered now allows normal web browsing and email sending/receiving.

Good luck!
    <a href="http://www.mobi2pic.com/">mobi2pic.com - camera phone blogging site</a>