1.    #1  
    I searched past threads and I know there has been talk of this subject, but I never saw any solutions.

I love my Treo 600, Sprint service where I am is amazing, I'm often in basements and able to make totally clear calls.

The problem is 7 out of 10 times, I am missing calls, not because they didnt go through, but because I'm not noticing the vibrate in my pocket. I had a Nokia 8390 before this, where I'm used to it being extremely strong.

I've tried positioning the phone in my pocket in different ways, but nothing has helped. Any suggestions.
    Yeah, the weak vibrate is one of the unfortunate failings of the Treo600. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $no$ $way$ $of$ $increasing$ $the$ $strength$ $of$ $the$ $vibrate$. $Who$ $knows$, $perhaps$ $some$ $enterprising$ $user$ $here$ $will$ $open$ $up$ $their$ $Treo$ $and$ $hack$ $a$ $stonger$ $vibrate$ $into$ $a$ $the$ $Treo$? $In$ $any$ $case$, $perhaps$ $you$ $should$ $consider$ $using$ $a$ $belt$ $clip$ $for$ $your$ $Treo$ $instead$ $of$ $keeping$ $it$ $in$ $your$ $pocket$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by jdavid
    I searched past threads and I know there has been talk of this subject, but I never saw any solutions.

I love my Treo 600, Sprint service where I am is amazing, I'm often in basements and able to make totally clear calls.

The problem is 7 out of 10 times, I am missing calls, not because they didnt go through, but because I'm not noticing the vibrate in my pocket. I had a Nokia 8390 before this, where I'm used to it being extremely strong.

I've tried positioning the phone in my pocket in different ways, but nothing has helped. Any suggestions.
    jdavid:

I fully agree that the vibrate function is too weak (ditto for the midi rings!) However, i'm now using the Covertec side case that clips on my belt and it's adequate for me. Though it took me a while to get one, i'm pretty pleased at the quality and make of the Covertec case (expensive though!).

BTW, make sure you install jaslo's Keepoff phone program fix to disable all keys for incoming calls. Otherwise it wd do you no good even if you switch using the case i mentioned above. The link is on another thread posted recently.

Brian
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Originally posted by bhleong

However, i'm now using the Covertec side case that clips on my belt and it's adequate for me. Though it took me a while to get one, i'm pretty pleased at the quality and make of the Covertec case (expensive though!).

Brian
    Could I ask where you got the Covertec horizontal case? I can't seem to locate one in stock anywhere!
    Originally posted by matics

Could I ask where you got the Covertec horizontal case? I can't seem to locate one in stock anywhere!
    matics:

I ordered direct via covertec.com. My order finally shipped (from France) after about 1 1/2 months, constantly following up on the order by email. Their service was very good, btw. I thought it was worth the wait! You might try and see if they still hv any stock left. Good luck.

Brian
    For all the programmers out there... I know that the vibrate for verichat is a longer duration than the regular vibration, and possibly stronger (could feel stronger just cause it keeps vibrating for a while).
    That being said, there must clearly is a way to make the vibrate longer/stronger. Any way to make the regular call vibrate the same as theirs?
    I never miss an IM that comes in on verichat.
  7.    #7  
    Interesting, i'll have to see if i notice that with verichat. Right now I have the vibrate turned off when im's come in, partly b/c i want to be able to control when it vibrates and when it doesn't and the profiles manager doent let you do that yet.

I'll have to check the case out as well, how expensive is expensive?
    I just started using the Handspring horizontal case. This is entirely subjective, but since the clip is rigid and the Treo stays close to the body, it seems this case also makes the vibrate resonate well, when worn on a belt.

This case is priced the same as the covertec, but is available off ebay for much less.
    I find the vibrate OK, and don't miss calls.

However, a mobile phone sensor pen with a big blue flashing light is a cool toy for only a fiver here in the UK.

Very hard to miss a call when you have one of those!
    what does it look like?
    im sad that the treo has no place to put a handstrap/lanyard... then i could attach one of those flashing ones.
    It's a bit too big for a lanyard:

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/stor...:12&sku=952752
    Originally posted by Cyril
    It's a bit too big for a lanyard:

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/stor...:12&sku=952752
    Does anybody sell anything like this in the U.S.?
    A while back I saw a web page that had plans for an external vibrator that plugged into the socket on older Palms (that didn't come with a vibrating alert). I'll do some searches and see if I can find it. It shouldn't be too hard (for someone with a little electronics knowledge) to revise the plans to work with a Treo, assuming the pinouts are published and the proper connector can be had.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    There are also vibrating clips such as -

http://www.absolute4.com/shop/prods/...lip-green.html
    Originally posted by dennisl

Does anybody sell anything like this in the U.S.?
    I'm going to the states next month.
    Could bring a few over, but would have to charge $25 USD each for my time and effort and postage I guess.