1.    #1  
    I am currently using snapperMail Version 1.6. I can't open up any attachments at all. How and what exactly do I need to open up attachments in either Snapper or the default mail program on the treo?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    you need to install the apps that came on the cd with your Treo.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by godfather
    I am currently using snapperMail Version 1.6. I can't open up any attachments at all. How and what exactly do I need to open up attachments in either Snapper or the default mail program on the treo?
    What type of attachments are you trying to open? The Documents To Go viewer that came with the Treo will allow you to view Word and Excel documents. With Snappermail, when you click on the attachment it will ask you if you want to 1) Open with "associated program"; 2) Beam and 3) Save to Memory Card.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    With SnapperMail you need QuickOffice Premium to open attachments.
    Originally posted by Alli
    Snappermail works fine with Docs to Go also.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Alli
    That's not entirely true. The sw that came on the cd: DocsToGo, SheetToGo, WordToGo, JpegWatch Lite, can all open attachments from SnapperMail, and they are free!!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I found these three files on the CD:

DocsToGo.prc
    WordToGo.prc
    SheetToGo.prc

I installed them, put a word doc on my SD card.

All I see is the Docs to Go app (labeled "Documents) and all it does on launch is splash an add for the premium version and go away. Am I missing something? I didn't see an install tool on the CD for the software.

Thanks in advance.
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    turnepf,

those files are just viewers, they will let you view files emailed to you, but it doesn't work as a stand alone app.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I know I can't edit with them but does that mean they'll only work from "within" email apps? I use Visto, which doesn't seem to recognize it either. I thought I'd be able to save the files off to my SD card (which Visto can do) and then view them with the Document viewer.
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    the included apps are just viewers.

they arent stand alone apps. you can't tap on them to launch them. they will only open up when they are given a file from an email app that supports attachements.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Buy Quickoffice. It seamless and easy with SnapperMail.

Thiink of the time you'd have already saved.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Greetings:

I have Quick Office Premier (registered).

Snapper doesn't give me the option to open up with Quick Word (.doc files).

I'm running QuickWord and the others from an SD card.

Does QuickWord have to in the phone memory in order to work with Snapper (that's running from phone memory)?

Thank you.
    =====================
    Peter M. Abraham
    Dynamic Net, Inc.
    http://www.dynamicnet.net/
    You can open it from within Snappermail, even if it's on your SD card.

1) Begin composing a new email.
    2) Click on the paperclip to attach a document. This will open a file 
    You can open it from within Snappermail, even if it's on your SD card.

1) Begin composing a new email.
    2) Click on the paperclip to attach a document. This will open a file browser application.
    3) Find and click on the name of the file you'd like to open. A pop-up menu will appear. (Don't click on the checkbox, click the name.)
    4) Choose Open from the menu and the default application that opens that type of file will open the file.

I use Docs to Go to open .doc files. It's free and works well. If yours crashes your Treo, download the latest version from their website (on the start up page of the Documents application). It won't edit, but fortunately, I don't need to do that often.

To download it Documents2Go for free, open the app on your Treo 600. Click on the link. Click on the "DataViz Handheld Home Page" link. Click on the "Treo 600 Users Click Here" link. Click on the Submit button. Click on the "Download Now" link. Click on Yes and install the application as normal.
    Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Greetings:

I have Quick Office Premier (registered).

Snapper doesn't give me the option to open up with Quick Word (.doc files).

I'm running QuickWord and the others from an SD card.

Does QuickWord have to in the phone memory in order to work with Snapper (that's running from phone memory)?

Thank you.
    I am having the same issue. I have QuickOffice Premier and Snappermail running from the SD card. When I click on an attachment it gives me the option to open with the associated program (Quickword, Quicksheet, etc.), however, the attachment doesn't open. It works fine if the QuickOffice applications are running off the phone memory.

I'm still playing with it.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi