1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with Fastmail running slow with Outlook? I am trying Chatter and I love the IMAP push but I use this account for my business and use Outlook during the day. I have tried Fusemail but was wondering if there are any better alternatives because their spam filter does not work very well.
    try Runbox at www.runbox.com

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    FastMail.FM's servers were running slowly this week because they were overload. We just yesterday installed 3 new servers, so you should now find the speed problems resolved.
    Jeremy Howard
    www.fastmail.fm
    Jeremy, I note the slowness and also noticed how fast theya re moving along at this time. I use Chatter and it and Fastmail together make for a wild solution to email. Thanks for the great service.

Ben

-----------------------

Originally posted by Jeremy Howard
    FastMail.FM's servers were running slowly this week because they were overload. We just yesterday installed 3 new servers, so you should now find the speed problems resolved.
    Jeremy and al.:

does fastmail offer SMS notification?

Thanks
    Dominique
    [i]
    does fastmail offer SMS notification?
    Not yet - in about 3 months we'll have it. In the meantime, try www.imchatter.com, which has good IMAP notification options.
    Jeremy Howard
    www.fastmail.fm
    how is the spam filter on fastmail? I already have my own domain with a hosting company that has IMAP, but they only have spamassassin for spam filtering and while it works, it's not as good as a customizable bayesian solution. does fastmail offer this?
    I'm (very satisfied) a user of Fastmail.fm and I think they have bayesian filtering but I believe it's on their server side. They also do use spam assassin and they allow you very good Customization with Sieve filtering.

Quote Originally Posted by loudpocket
    how is the spam filter on fastmail? I already have my own domain with a hosting company that has IMAP, but they only have spamassassin for spam filtering and while it works, it's not as good as a customizable bayesian solution. does fastmail offer this?
    I've been using Fusemail in combination with Chatter for several months. I've never had a slowdown or server outage.

The basic service is $5 for three months, for 100 meg and no bandwidth limitations. And you can fuse up to five email accounts. For me, the bonus is that they host my domain for email, for no extra charge. Tech support was extremely helpful in getting this set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by loudpocket
    I have the opposite problem. I have a highly developed Bayesian filter on my desktop Outlook (Outclass/POPfile) which I want to use, not only to filter spam but also to move messages to the right folder, rather than relying on Fastmail to figure out what I want and what I don't. I got my T650 on Monday, set up Chatter and subscribed to FastMail yesterday, but I think I'm losing a few messages to their overzealous spam filter. Can you turn off the Fastmail's spam filtering? Is there an IMAP provider out there as good as Fastmail with a spam filter you can control?
    One of the ideas behind fastmail is that it's highly configurable. So at the higher pay levels, you have near complete control over what you tag as spam and what you have fastmail do with it. If you don't want to spend too much time with it, you might try just going into "options"-->"spam/virus protection"--> and set the spam settings to "basic."
    Never mind. I figured out that with the Basic membership I got, it doesn't allow me to fine-tune the Spam filtering. Have to upgrade to the Member level.