Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by neotope

Unfortunately "No Caller ID" and "Blocked Caller ID" are not the same thing. I would like all calls with "No Caller ID" to go directly to voicemail but calls with "Blocked Caller ID" to ring as normal, however at this time I guess that is not possible.

If this feature was added I would consider eventually buying CallFilter when it becomes available.
    I am really sorry, but this feature wont ever become available. As far as the cellular networks are concerned, "blocked" and "no caller id" are the same thing.
    Originally posted by VWare

I am really sorry, but this feature wont ever become available. As far as the cellular networks are concerned, "blocked" and "no caller id" are the same thing.
    But the Treo records them differently. If I look through my call log I can see some calls with No Caller ID and some calls with Blocked Caller ID. I would assume that this means that there is some way to differentiate between them. If there was no way then I would think that the Treo would just list them as the same.
    But the Treo records them differently. If I look through my call log I can see some calls with No Caller ID and some calls with Blocked Caller ID. I would assume that this means that there is some way to differentiate between them. If there was no way then I would think that the Treo would just list them as the same.
    Can you email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com please?
    If you are getting different responses on your Treo, thats awesome and it might be possible. Are you GSM or CDMA? If you have a way of testing this, let me know, and I will send you a version that might do what you are asking. I just may need a day or two to get to it.
    Last edited by VWare; 01/27/2004 at 03:36 PM.
    That's interesting.
    I've got a GSM Treo with Cingular and all mine show up with "No Caller ID" in my call log.

I've never seen "Blocked Caller ID" in my log. (In fact, my father's number is intentionally blocked, and when he calls it shows as "No Caller ID".)

Perhaps different handling based on your service provider?
  5.    #25  
    yeah, this would go along the lines with previous posts, it does appear that not all GSM providers are a like.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I loaded the program, and so far, really like it.

How much is it going to cost? If it is $5-10, I would probably buy it. $30 - no way.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Originally posted by Tekara
    official beta download available....

http://www.velocityware.com/downloads/callfilter.zip

REGISTRATION INFO
    CallFilter V1.0 Release Candidate #2 has been posted to http://www.palmgear.com

Just search for "CallFilter" (one word...no space)

Hopefully this will allow users to get serial numbers so people who need more than two rules (or just really like the program) can get going right away, with no restrictions. There will still be additional software updates made quite frequently for the next few weeks. So if you register, please continue to check this forum, for updates. You will receive free updates for the entire life cycle of CallFilter Version 1.x .

Here are the features that I expect to add in the next couple weeks:

Phase I - Short Term

1) Additional Support for certain International GSM carriers

2) Ability to Stop those Annoying System Sounds when you are in the middle of a phone call. I personally cant stand it when I get an SMS message and then the person I am talking to always asks, "what was that noise?". Same happens if I get a Alert, or simply plug my phone in to charge. So, I am going to add a way to automatically toggle those sounds while you are on a call.

3) The ability to filter based on a Category in your Contacts

4) Ability to differentiate between Blocked calls and No Caller ID calls (on certain networks only)

Phase II - Next Month
    6) Password screen to protect your rules from snooping people

7) Ability to have rules based on when you a meeting (it will automatically look in your calendar and see if you are busy)

8) Possibly multiple rule sets (but i am still debating about this in my mind...so dont hold me to this one yet)

9) A grand secret feature that I am hacking on right now....but if i get it working...you will "definately freak". I dont know if its possible yet or not though. So far, I have run into a few Treo 600 hardware limitations. So no guarantees on this one either.

Thanks for all the support guys! I am really happy how much everyone seems to like this application!
    Originally posted by MovieGene
    That's interesting.
    I've got a GSM Treo with Cingular and all mine show up with "No Caller ID" in my call log.

I've never seen "Blocked Caller ID" in my log. (In fact, my father's number is intentionally blocked, and when he calls it shows as "No Caller ID".)

Perhaps different handling based on your service provider?
    I use Sprint and when some of my friends and relatives call that have their numbers block the calls is listed as "Blocked Caller ID" instead of just a "No Caller ID" I guess this is something unique to Sprint, but since I've only had Sprint I never realized it
    i have downloaded and installed the RC2 build and tried to enable the call forward rule while being charged and it doesn't seem to work...the log says that it has been forwarded, but the call rings thru. Other rules seem to work fine.

I am using CDMA sprint treo 600.

I believe that milan has tried to implement a call forwarding feature in his profiles (which is FREE by the way, hint hint) and this has an error when trying to enable it on my sprint phone. Also on this not there is not a call forward preference in the prefs which i assume there is on GSM Treo's (haven't seen one though)

I think this app is probably the greatest app for a phone ever, but i would say that $29.95 is a little steep (this is almost the cost of an entire PC game). I would suggest that at least to be lowered to $14.95 (especially if future upgrades will incorporate new features) and possibly $9.95 for now and $5 later for an upgrade with new features.

Thanks again for making the imaginable happen!

Now all I have to do is get me a SD card so I can use that LightWav app in order to have mp3's as ringtones.

digidep
    Originally posted by digidep
    i have downloaded and installed the RC2 build and tried to enable the call forward rule while being charged and it doesn't seem to work...the log says that it has been forwarded, but the call rings thru. Other rules seem to work fine.
    There are three main reasons that this could happen:
    a) You dont have call forwarding as a feature of your calling
    plan

b) You DO have it as a feature of your calling plan, BUT your
    carrier has not "provisioned" it correctly. (quite common)

c) You did not include the area code when entering the
    forwarding number.

You can prove that it is not CallFilter, by manually trying to forward
    your phone. You can do that by pushing the Phone Button,Menu, Options->CallPreferences.
    Now try to activate the "Forward All Calls" option. Many times if the
    phone is not provisioned correctly or you dont have that feature on
    your calling plan, it will say, "Operation Failed".

Originally posted by digidep
    I think this app is probably the greatest app for a phone ever,
    That is a HUGE compliment, thanks so very much! I have taken the pricing issue under consideration. Its tough, and the closest thing I could find was a filtering unit for home phones which didnt do nearly as much, but it was $169. I wish this was a simple product to roll out like many other utilities, but its not. Unfortunately, this is a high tech support product because of all the different cellular network considerations. Also keep in mind that a lot of the stuff I am doing in CallFilter is not documented by Handspring. It had to be derived from pure hours of hacking. My goal was to put all the key features in up front. Looks like with the help of some of my beta testers, we were able to do that. So everything else I add should just be gravy. Hopefully, CallFilter can become an active part of your life, and save you both time, frustration, and money. Now my priority is to make sure everyone on every concievable cellular network is happy.

Thanks again. Let me know the result of your forwarding issue. Just email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com
    Last edited by VWare; 01/27/2004 at 07:35 PM.
    on my sprint treo the phone app, menu, options i have only the following:

Display Preferences...
    Sound Preferences...
    Phone Preferences...
    Dial Preferences...
    Phone Lock...
    Phone Info
    Tips
    About

under the phone preferences...i do have the option:

Forward all calls to:

this works...it brings up a little status screen saying something about changing network settings, may take a few seconds when changing from forwarding to not and vice versa.

In your callfilter app, the forward call while charging still does not work (Yes i have it plugged in). Let me know if you want me to try something to have this feature work.

digidep
  12.    #32  

I use Sprint and when some of my friends and relatives call that have their numbers block the calls is listed as "Blocked Caller ID" instead of just a "No Caller ID" I guess this is something unique to Sprint, but since I've only had Sprint I never realized it
    it's something that I haven't given much thought to, but I called myself a few times blocking the calling number and your right there is actually a distinction on the sprint network. It does make me wonder if there can be a seperate block for both.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Originally posted by Tekara
    it's something that I haven't given much thought to, but I called myself a few times blocking the calling number and your right there is actually a distinction on the sprint network. It does make me wonder if there can be a seperate block for both.
    I think it might be possible. Tekara, remember that wierd "!" we were seeing that one time during beta testing? I gotta feeling thats how Sprint indicates Blocked vs. No caller id. We have to test that though. If I am right, adding the separate rule will be no problem and done quickly.
  14.    #34  
    hmm. . . your right, that just may be the key to that. . . cool, I'll bug you later on and see if something can be done!
    Originally posted by VWare

7) Ability to have rules based on when you a meeting (it will automatically look in your calendar and see if you are busy)

This would be a great feature. I understand it's already available for M$ Smartphones. It would be great to put in the times I am teaching and have it automatically turn the phone off. It's rather embarrasing, after sternly lecturing my students that their phones better not go off in my lecture room, to then have my phone go off because I forgot to slide the switch.

9) A grand secret feature that I am hacking on right now....but if i get it working...you will "definately freak". I dont know if its possible yet or not though. So far, I have run into a few Treo 600 hardware limitations. So no guarantees on this one either.
    Will it make coffee? I think that's the next convergence I need...

Thanks for developing this app; it looks good so far.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    It seems that NONE of the rules work while you are on a call! I tested this by having a friend call me while I was on another call. First I made sure that the person calling me was not in my contacts. When the call came in it came in as normal. I als had the same friend call in with their number blocked by pressing *67-555-1234. The call still came in as normal. I had both rules: [not in contacts] and [is blocked] set to "send to voicemail"

Is this normal? Or should the app work regardless if you are on the phone or not?

On a side note: for those who use Ligtwav for MP3 ringers, if you have it enabled, your MP3 ringtone will still play for a blocked call just a FYI.....

Fittske
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Originally posted by dougblair
    Testing Release 1.0 RC 2 on treo 600 Sprint:
    sprint guys - does sprint charge us to forward calls?
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Fittske
    It seems that NONE of the rules work while you are on a call! I tested this by having a friend call me while I was on another call.

You are correct. I had to disable that logic temporarily to help make that CDMA problem we were working through easier to identify.

Now that it seems that CDMA is good, you should see that call waiting logic go back in very shortly. One thing to keep in mind though, even though I may be able to keep the phone from showing any indication that a call is coming in, I WONT be able to stop that "BEEP" that you hear. That "Beep" is generated at the Cellular Network side. Not your phone. So, because it happens on the Network side, i have no control over it.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fittske
    On a side note: for those who use Ligtwav for MP3 ringers, if you have it enabled, your MP3 ringtone will still play for a blocked call just a FYI...

The next release of CallFilter has the ability to play MP3 ringtones. A couple beta testers are using the MP3 ringtone feature right now and are giving positive initial reports. It integrates really closely with CallFilter so it does not ring when you have a rule set to SendToVoicemail. If this is a very important feature to you, and you are interested in working with me on the MP3 ringtone feature, email me at callfilterbeta AT velocityware.com and I will get you a copy so you can check it out.
    Last edited by VWare; 01/30/2004 at 12:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Sure I would like to beta test! I tried sending you a e-mail but it kept getting kicked back. so please mail it to me.

Fittske
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Anyone figure out what's going on with the screen when a call comes from somone you have a picture set for?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast